New Zealands tour of England

Re: New Zealands tour of England

34 off 50 required now, England need to get a wicket or 2 with the Kiwis 7 down to make it interesting.

15 off 27 needed. Mills is 16 off 16.

8/231. If NZ can hold their nerve, they should win.

Bell runs out Southee!!! Southee dabs into covers but Bell was quick and threw down the stumps with Southee just short. That's the fifth run out of the game.

9/234 and in walks Mark Gillespie as number eleven. 12 required from 20.

Swann bowls a maiden, Gillespie had no idea about half of them. Crucially though, Swann has finished his spell.

Still 9/234, 12 needed from 12.

Mills hits Collingwood for six...and they've lost the ball!!! That was huge, a massive swipe from Mills over midwicket, a typical tailender slog! That shot went 106 metres apparently.

9/240, six needed from nine. One strike could do it...

On Cricinfo ha ha

"Lots of pretend looking from the crowd at deep midwicket. The only place worth looking for that ball is on eBay."

Mills and Gillespie milk the singles and they move to 9/243 with an over left.

Three needed from the last over, tense stuff!!!

Luke Wright to bowl the last over, Mills on strike.

Mills mistimes the first ball for a single, Gillespie pokes at the second one and then defends the third.

And he can't score of the 4th ball either!! Two from two needed, can NZ do it??

Gillespie smashes the fifth ball into Mills!!!! No run!!!! 2 off the last ball needed to win. What a finish this is turning out to be!!

Could this be a tie?

What a finish!!!!!! New Zealand win on the final ball!!!! Gillespie finally connected and they got the single but not before an attempted shy at the stumps. But, there was no-one backing up!!! The NZ players were screaming on the balcony and Mills and Gillespie manage to scamper through for the second!!!

NZ win by one wicket with no balls remaining!! What a game!!!! @|

apparently a nice easy throw to one of the three england players around the stumps would've seen NZ run out and therefore losing.

Good result in the end because NZ deserve to be 2-1 up anyway
so a fair result

Elliot was run out after colliding with Sidebottom, but Collingwood refused to withdraw the appeal

This is something that is against the game's spirit of conduct, Elliot was unable to complete the run because of Sidebottom. Should of been called back, would happen in any club game I know of. Thats how desperate the English were to have a win

Kram81;222139 said:

Good work Kram. @|

That's the first I've seen of the incident, all I can say is that Collingwood should hang his head in shame. That was a legitimate collision, Elliott did everything in his power to try and avoid it but couldn't get out of the way.

Poor, poor form from Collingwood, should have been called back. It was probably justice that New Zealand won on the last ball.

What a last over though, doesn't get much better than that. Amateur stuff from England, one of the most basic skills taught in cricket is to have a player backing up the throw, cricketers are taught that when the first start playing the game. Broad was about 15 metres too close and I'm not too sure what the other three were doing.

Who said 50 over cricket was dead?

What I find funny is the Kiwis crying foul.

Isn't that the pot calling the kettle black?

This is the same Kiwi side that runs out Murali, when he's not attempting a run, but just going to congratulate a teammate who got a century......... :rolleyes:

Its not the first time they've done this- they did it to some no. 10 batsman in Zimbabwe too iirc.

Elliott ran between the ball and bowler, it was an accidental collision and the rules say bad luck, he wasnt injured and besides he would have been run out comfortably if he didnt get in Sidebottoms way, he could have run down the other side of the pitch but like all batsman tries to get in the fielders way and paid for it

But I guess its not in the spirit of the game, definately not like the occassion when a ball goes through to the keeper, the non striker wanders out of his crease checking out the pitch and the keeper runs him out...Now that was in the spirit of the game

Yeh very true

take the good with the bad i say

im glad NZ won but not the way they refused to shake hands |@

Paul Collingwood has been suspended for four ODI's by the ICC after being found guilty of a Level 3 ICC Code of Conduct breach. The breach relates to the 4th ODI between England and New Zealand after England failed to bowl 50 overs within the allotted timeframe.

The ban will see Collingwood miss the final one-day game against New Zealand as well as an ODI against Scotland, a Twenty20 game against South Africa and then the first one-day match against the Proteas a week later. Kevin Pietersen will take over the reigns until Collingwood returns.

Under ICC rules, a team that falls more than two overs behind the required over rate incurs a level two breach. Any player found guilty of this within 12 months of their previous offence will have the charge upgraded to a level three breach. Collingwood fell three overs behind against India in August last year hence the charge was upgraded.

Slow over rate costs Collingwood

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fair enough I suppose. The players know the rules and England fell foul of them again so the ICC didn't have much choice. The ECB will at least get to see what Pietersen has to offer as a leader.

Back