Status
Not open for further replies.
JIKA Shield: Rivergum
Quick Shield: Bundoora Park
Kelly Shield: Cobras

McFarlane Medal: M Perri (Riv)
Tollit Medal: M Mickelson (Don)
Radcliffe Medal: T MacDonald (Den)

Viewbank Cricket Club announced last night that they have folded.
Extremely sad day, given I played there when they had 7 or 8 eight senior sides, and 4 very strong junior sides.

Sad to see a club like viewbank fold hopefully some hard work goes into the club and they try and get it running again very soon. No surprise to see the cobras go up to B grade.. The only team to have nominated apparently and they have made a decision within 48 hours of viewbank folding. Some clubs wouldn't of even known viewbank folded in that time!

I think you would be hard pressed to find a club that didn't know. The way social media is these days, I think most people/clubs would of been aware of it probably the night it happened.

Thoughts on the weekends results? Rivergum comprehensively over rosebank. Thoughts on rosebanks batting depth?? Russos are not the savior that's for sure.
Holy trinity easily. Could be a dark horse
Keon park easily a lot relying on whitey still though
Chargers good win first up. Not sure about there bowling though! Good to have cricket back

Agree, Good wins by Rivergum & the Chargers in their first game in Jika Shield. I think it could be a tough year for Northcote United although i think they will get better. Holy trinity had a good spread of contributors. Whitey making good runs as always. It will be interesting to watch how they go through out the year. NBR will still be there abouts. Lalor are still a danger to any team on their day with Christie & Hughes. Finally, I think YCW will be back to where they were going to be this season.

Also, the U21 job is being advertised on the website. Is there any names that have been thrown up to take over from Gary?

Thoughts on the weekends results? Rivergum comprehensively over rosebank. Thoughts on rosebanks batting depth?? Russos are not the savior that's for sure.
Holy trinity easily. Could be a dark horse
Keon park easily a lot relying on whitey still though
Chargers good win first up. Not sure about there bowling though! Good to have cricket back

Really interesting round. Keon Park where always going to win but not sure if their bowling is good enough to bowl a team out in a 1 day game, could be a worry for YC. Chargers could have a few looking over their shoulders with the obvious talent. I don't think after one game it is time to question Rosebanks batting depth, the batting line up has a few points in the bank. The Russo boys may have been a bit nervous, unlike Jo to go for so many runs.
Agree with you on Holy Trinity - Great win with a lot contributing.

If holy trinity can harden up a bit could be up there with the best, plenty talent in side, how did quick shield look in round 1? Any surprises? Who's looking strong an weak?

Top win by the Kookas, they beat a strong team that showed nothing. Favrin and Russo went for 100 between them! say whatever you
want when your two supposedly top bolwers go for a 100 your got no chance or excuses. This is going to be a very interesting season!

Rivergum will take a lot out of beating Rosebank, Darebin off to a great start in Jika. One day cricket no true indication, will throw your bat more so than a two dayer. Anyone could beat anyone on the day. In saying that it's only Round 1 however alot of points are up for grabs early.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back