NMCA 2019/2020

Being a casual reader of these boards for many a year, I often wonder why there is such intrigue around our boys at Ruthven Reserve. At various points it has been declared that we are

-Under investigation from the ATO
-Paying more money than even Rosebank
-Imminently folding
-Taking over Olympic Colts
-Having a racism issue (Never mind our rates of indigenous participation)
-Tearing itself apart constantly
- Subsisting solely on Sri Lankans coming from overseas every year, while one of these Sri Lankans now lives here and plays as a local, while one of the other two has now been a fixture in the side for 5 years consistently denying bigger offers from other sides. If he were a white import from another comp this would be considered great clubmanship
- Yet apparently we have a racism issue
- Also learnt another poster thinks the name Singh is now a Sri Lankan name not a Sikh name

Anyway I'll keep lurking, you keep amusing. Cheers. Go socials.

If you do take over Colts do you think the three players we have left will fit in?

Does Kolep = 7 ‘well’ paid players. Every B grade club is paying, don’t be a fool. We haven’t got 7 players on a ‘fair’ wage. Anyway merry Christmas.
Can say we're not, don't have enough to money to pay. Kolep is a very, very good player most likely the difference come that final game vs Keon Park

If you do take over Colts do you think the three players we have left will fit in?

Barry, I wasn’t having a go at your club in the slightest mate and I don’t know where you’ve got this impression from. The post you quoted from me was just me listing crap I’ve read about my club, Socials on this board over the years that people have obviously made up. One such BS rumour being that we were on the verge of ‘taking over’ your club, which was never on the cards. Cheers.

Last edited:
RM filled 2 sides and put runs on the board against a very good baseballers outfit ...also having them 2 for 20 odd with bamford out could be an interesting result next weekend ...not a bad game to win if they do before they fold (sarcasm)

huge effort, a first eleven side having a second eleven in trouble in D grade.

Interesting results across all grades yesterday!
A grade ladder looks like it’s set for a big last 3 weeks with the top 4 kicking away.
Socials finally had some pressure put on them and failed the test

Parkers v Social looking interesting. i think parkers to win & be firm title favorites. the socials to reliant on one player. cheerio

Barry, I wasn’t having a go at your club in the slightest mate and I don’t know where you’ve got this impression from. The post you quoted from me was just me listing crap I’ve read about my club, Socials on this board over the years that people have obviously made up. One such BS rumour being that we were on the verge of ‘taking over’ your club, which was never on the cards. Cheers.
All good, I know what you were doing

I think we are a little more pragmatic about our situation. Who we have work hard for the club and have a passion there but the numbers are the numbers at the moment.

Socials are flying mostly good blokes for ( opposition ;) ) and wish you the best.

Some of the stuff on here is amateur trolling at best. The comp is stuffed, the club is stuffed, you're stuffed. Anyone can write that. Where is the praise and recognition for what people have done.

Paul Collingwood and Rivergum Champions

What the comp have done this year to hear its members is refreshing at the minimum, bold and enlightening at its best.

Attitude reflects Leadership.
A senior player in a team full of kids, threatening an opponent.
Perhaps that’s why your side is struggling.
Take a good hard look at yourself.

Be prepared for a change of board everyone. I been told that current people will get sacked & new people ready to take over. 1 hint i was given is these people have been in power before & very unhappy with current arrangements. Already have much support of clubs. Cheerio

See Rivergum skipper has already engraved the shield in the local rag brave early call. Thinking Cobras will be the smokey for A grade. Moneywank have too many camels in the field.

Be prepared for a change of board everyone. I been told that current people will get sacked & new people ready to take over. 1 hint i was given is these people have been in power before & very unhappy with current arrangements. Already have much support of clubs. Cheerio
OMG. Really. you have known to be very wrong in previous posts. ( mind you on more than one occasion) Cant be bothered going over them now. Your reliable source is not reliable so get your head out of your arse. start looking for a new source for information mate..

Back