NMCA 21/22

Preston Baseballers finally batted 2 I think they had batted first the last 10 times.
Heidelberg West and Baseballers always a good game.
Heidelberg West 8 for 119
Brown 40 and Young 34 Extras 18.
Overs 36.2
Sortino 3 Castrucci 3 Tate V 3 for 4
Baseballers 8 for 120
Ab 23 Sortino 33 Castrucci 21
Tate 14 no and first Gamer Unawatte 6no
Make runs off 37.3 overs.
Heard there was a few words at the Trinners vs HW game this weekend.. any truth to this Mr Cricketvic?

Heard there was a few words at the Trinners vs HW game this weekend.. any truth to this Mr Cricketvic?
Mate I was playing in the 2nds we finished at 7pm don't know how I bowl off 5 steps and 4 others bowl off 7 to 10.
I stayed back at Heidy West and spoke to Byrne and Radio Star Greg and the Captain for the day and helped them pack up.
Nothing was mentioned then when back to trinners at 8.30 and was last to leave with the coach.
Both us and heidy West got heated at each other in our game but not at each other.

Mate I was playing in the 2nds we finished at 7pm don't know how I bowl off 5 steps and 4 others bowl off 7 to 10.
I stayed back at Heidy West and spoke to Byrne and Radio Star Greg and the Captain for the day and helped them pack up.
Nothing was mentioned then when back to trinners at 8.30 and was last to leave with the coach.
Both us and heidy West got heated at each other in our game but not at each other.
Should start the games at 12.. makes so much more sense.. you should have a word to the President

Maybe 12.30 what about players with families and sat morning jobs or they have just finished night shift.
2 hours 20 aka 140 mins.
Thats 3.5 mins a over is that long enough should u bowl 8 overs from one end. Then swap 5 times.
Should the umpires be more strict but what happens when no umpires.
It was ok on Saturday because of the awesome weather.
But what happens when it's cloudly and bad light.
Then at the top level there behind even with fines and missing matches.
You don't want teams arguing over stuff they shouldn't worry about plus with the hot weather long day.
Anyway on Saturdays I just want to bowl take wickets and maybe bat.

Maybe 12.30 what about players with families and sat morning jobs or they have just finished night shift.
2 hours 20 aka 140 mins.
Thats 3.5 mins a over is that long enough should u bowl 8 overs from one end. Then swap 5 times.
Should the umpires be more strict but what happens when no umpires.
It was ok on Saturday because of the awesome weather.
But what happens when it's cloudly and bad light.
Then at the top level there behind even with fines and missing matches.
You don't want teams arguing over stuff they shouldn't worry about plus with the hot weather long day.
Anyway on Saturdays I just want to bowl take wickets and maybe bat.
Works pretty well for DVCA.. players that can’t get there before 1pm don’t have to worry about the timing rules and can come straight on.
You would be able to increase it to 45 overs as well..
I know when spinners get hit all over the ground it can take some extra time to get through the overs.. maybe have a no spin allowed rule?

Maybe 45 overs in the top grades.
I am a spinner who doesn't get hit often.
Medium pacers and fast bowlers and slow bowlers get hit as well.
U need a spinner for variety I don't think u are going to be worried about slow over rates if they take a couple of wickets. Eg Mr Bannister and Mr Murray from Rivergum and J Cloonan Holy Trinity and Mr Keon Park

wow what a demolition, 6/255 Baseballers beat 9/22 Socials in the vets. But did you check out the sides, looks like socials had 5 blokes over 60 and a women play, and Ballers bringing in Troy McDonald from Lalor first XI this Week, Capaldo (last Week) not to mention Abeyratne who is still a gun, 7 years ago made 700 runs in there firsts... i'm thinking they take it way to serious.. isnt vets for old fat blokes to still run around and fun, i bet that wasn't fun for the boys at socials.

wow what a demolition, 6/255 Baseballers beat 9/22 Socials in the vets. But did you check out the sides, looks like socials had 5 blokes over 60 and a women play, and Ballers bringing in Troy McDonald from Lalor first XI this Week, Capaldo (last Week) not to mention Abeyratne who is still a gun, 7 years ago made 700 runs in there firsts... i'm thinking they take it way to serious.. isnt vets for old fat blokes to still run around and fun, i bet that wasn't fun for the boys at socials.

Played vets against baseballers many times and never really found they take it "way too serious" always actually a fun day, unlike the rosebank days.

Are you suggesting if your're over 40 and still half decent at cricket you shouldn't play?
If so what age is acceptable to be playing?

Played vets against baseballers many times and never really found they take it "way too serious" always actually a fun day, unlike the rosebank days.

Are you suggesting if your're over 40 and still half decent at cricket you shouldn't play?
If so what age is acceptable to be playing?
You should play if u want to.
Like most teams have players that play on the Saturday like Baseballers and Rivergum had Worrell Collins Mr Dunbar Old Ivanhoe has players who play in the 2nds or 3rds so u can't really restrict them if there over 40.
Bit Daunting if u only play vets and ur facing Collins or Rocket who got a hattrick. Like Diamond Valley have 3 or 4 divisions where some take it seriously.
Like before they went to DVCA if Rosebank wanted to take it really serious Samps Tenuta would have played plus Watts brothers Joyce plus my under 21s Teammates Don't drink and Drive David Plumpton and Gavin Larsen just won flags at Fitzroy Doncaster then Rosebank..

You should play if u want to.
Like most teams have players that play on the Saturday like Baseballers and Rivergum had Worrell Collins Mr Dunbar Old Ivanhoe has players who play in the 2nds or 3rds so u can't really restrict them if there over 40.
Bit Daunting if u only play vets and ur facing Collins or Rocket who got a hattrick. Like Diamond Valley have 3 or 4 divisions where some take it seriously.
Like before they went to DVCA if Rosebank wanted to take it really serious Samps Tenuta would have played plus Watts brothers Joyce plus my under 21s Teammates Don't drink and Drive David Plumpton and Gavin Larsen just won flags at Fitzroy Doncaster then Rosebank..

I'd say most boys that are backing up on the Sunday after playing Saturday would be pretty sore n sorry , can't imagine them moving well enough to be taking it too serious

Was just a pretty simple mismatch. It happens in sport especially when there is only one division. 6-7 of the blokes in our side haven't played Saturday's for a while and we had 2 ladies backing up from that morning (One of whom also played Saturday, great effort). Can't say Baseballers were taking it too seriously from what I saw. I've seen crazy things watching (not playing, not a fossil yet) Vet's cricket like teams pulling an A grade length warm up and getting the whiteboard out for tactics pre-game. None of that was happening lol.

The finals are apon us and the season is reaching its peak!
Anyone brave enough to predict some winners from the first week? Potential premiers? Medal winners?

Was at an NWMCA game yesterday and was told one of their clubs are keen on applying to join our comp, wasn't told which side it would be though. Maybe Druids or Rezza-Mayston wanting to coming back due to the travel factor in that comp? Obviously won't be Darebin Chargers lol and I can't see any other club close to us wanting to come over unless it's a Coburg or Fawkner based side.

Back