G Dodds.
M Dodds.
M Albers.
S O'Reilly.
D Campbell.
T Jeffrey.
Sathpath K.

8 A Grade (or higher) cricketers there.

G & M Dodds, Albers, TJ, Sathpath are massive holes. G Dodds for me was the pick of em, when fit & firing one of the best i've faced. Good pace all day & didn't give an inch.

re: North A and B 10/11

phil crea;388318 said:
of course he does we have nothing to hide , just signed contract 4 3 years

You've got a few running scared on here Phil,WC flag favs I reckon ..................:D:D:D

2time;387765 said:
Help us out Phil, what's the go?
plenty of rain up werribee way , subbies was called off 2 ,dissapointing but i am sure we will get on this week ,should be a very good game

2time;387860 said:
G Dodds for me was the pick of em, when fit & firing one of the best i've faced. Good pace all day & didn't give an inch.

In one of his last games in the 2nd XI (was unfit and just playing socially) he absolutely destroyed Wili CYMS in a 10 over spell. Took 9 wickets in the innings and bowled with some decent heat.

When he was fit he was scary at times.

hussler;388376 said:
You've got a few running scared on here Phil,WC flag favs I reckon ..................:D:D:D

told a lot of people 7 games ago when we were second last ,oh well maybe there cricket knowledge is poor hussler lol have to love dills

FatMan_fromthe_Valley;387829 said:
W Suares.
G Dodds.
M Dodds.
M Albers.
S O'Reilly.
D Campbell.
T Jeffrey.
Sathpath K.

Fat man, i do agree that there are some handy competitive cricketers amongst this lot and no doubt there diasppearance has hurt the club more than you would ever know but

W. Suares - Please, the bloke is a mercenary. Does not play for the love of any club, plays solely for himself. Just ask F Utd
G. Dodds - Very very handy cricketer. Played the game very hard - Gaping Hole
M. Dodds - Tool, however hit the ball hard and backed his ability. When he got going, Avondale very rarely lost games of cricket
M.Albers - Nothing required here. We all know his ability
S. O'Rielly - Can somebody please tell me what he has ever done - Spud
D.Campbell - Read Shannons comments.
T.Jeffrey - Very handy cricketer, big big hole at Heights now that he is gone, however i question his ability to set a field. Very handy North A cricketer, but that's where it stops. Ask Old essendon.
Sathpath - Quality bowler who at times lacked imagination. Saying that, i would take him in my side any day of the week.
In closing, it's a shame to see the demise of this club and I certainly hope they can turn it around sooner rather than later.

Pushpakumara;388379 said:
Runs win GF's... WC are a bowling side... dunno if theyre favourites, but its a very open finals i reckon

i agree should be a good finals series ,we will play st albans i am sure who ever wins that will win the flag

phil crea;387863 said:
plenty of rain up werribee way , subbies was called off 2 ,dissapointing but i am sure we will get on this week ,should be a very good game

Will be a very interesting Phil if it gets washed out again or you get some rain which is forecast & it reverts to ordinary conditions....

hussler;388258 said:
Well bowled Big Coq.....................turn it up.............:D

True no luck with the ball.
did ya check out the batting stats im tipping ive made more than you in two digs still Not Out champ.

FatMan_fromthe_Valley;387829 said:
W Suares.
G Dodds.
M Dodds.
M Albers.
S O'Reilly.
D Campbell.
T Jeffrey.
Sathpath K.

Add Popov as another bloke to the list of former Avondale players no longer there.

Yep once strong side now a rabble.

Also look @ Albion won a flag 2 years ago losing only once to Avondale and then lose a couple of senior players which results in them struggling to avoid the drop the following 2 seasons.

Avondale have simply lost their entire 1X1 side gradually over the last 3 years, many tipped them to struggle last year as well with the departures of Albers and M Dodds but they showed some fight to almost win the comp, won a lot of respect for mine with that effort, then some senior blokes decide to retire on a high D Campbell and R blair plus others decide to jump a sinking ship T Jeffrey, S O’reily + a couple others.

Given that and their ordinary seconds side of recent years meaning no depth they have blokes palying A grade cricket when their ability merits a game in 2nd or 3rd X1. Spoken with some of the current Avo players and they don't seem so keen to return to the club next year unless few things change according to them the club is a basket case from top to bottom there is possibility for them not to field senior sides next year if these blokes are correct.

BigCoq;388429 said:
True no luck with the ball.
did ya check out the batting stats im tipping ive made more than you in two digs still Not Out champ.

Check again CHAMP..........:eek:

2time;387875 said:
Will be a very interesting Phil if it gets washed out again or you get some rain which is forecast & it reverts to ordinary conditions....

oh well still pretty condifent of making finals , and will give it a pretty good shake ; just ask east keilor about our cricket ablity

hussler;388459 said:
Check again CHAMP..........:eek:

I have no care factor for what you do.
I only care about my club and my team the rest can please themselves.
Not interested in getting into a school girl spat with your petty little ego.
We are both too Old past our best but still nice to back up and contribute to the team in a meanigful way. ;)

Noticed Craigieburn footy club are playing their matches from now on at the new ground called Highgate Res. (Richmond's new training centre).
Does anyone know if the cricket club are going there eventually as well? or staying put??

BigCoq;388475 said:
I have no care factor for what you do.
I only care about my club and my team the rest can please themselves.
Not interested in getting into a school girl spat with your petty little ego.
We are both too Old past our best but still nice to back up and contribute to the team in a meanigful way. ;)

Just admit you choked on weekend hahaha did you bowl the last few overs????:eek::eek:

I would say Craigieburn CC wouldn't be allowed on the new footy ground as most AFL clubs are doing that now, just to have a ground that isn't affected by cricket. That's why Essendon CC got kicked off Windy Hill and Geelong CC also play out the back of Kardinia Park, Foots have their their own grounds as well.
I would assume Rich will train predominantly at Punt Rd during the season thus freeing up Craigieburn footy club to use the new ground. A good get for them.

hussler;388504 said:
Just admit you choked on weekend hahaha did you bowl the last few overs????:eek::eek:

Know i didnt bowl i was fielding at silly mid on putting my body on the line softy....;) just helped the team get some extra bonus ponts try an help us get into the finals.

How did everyone go with getting their covers down early? cos it is raining cats and dogs in St Albans

Top 4 all but decided with a game to go. I guess the up side to that is there will be no controversy this week with games being thrown and the like. i notcied Edrich didn't play on the weekend. Phil can you enlighten us as to why. Will he be back come finals time??

Alot of talk about WC quicks, but I reckon the St Albans quicks McCammond and Dunn are just as big a handful. And the saints have better back up for them as well. WC certainly dont want one of these two boys getting hurt cos they are a little thin after that.
And besides - bowlers get you to finals and batsmen win them! And to that end you gotta like MV top order, and the fact Preecey is in career best form (good on him too - ripper bloke). It he can get some help from McKay and TJ they are dangerous. WC top order is decidedly shakey, and the Saints haven't set the world on fire either (The ranga aside). However if Jones fires, and I think he might come finals time (pending them making it of course) they will cause an upset!!
All this rain makes it interesting - can see some strange stuff happening in the chase for points!!!
One last point - blokes talking themselves up on a website? The gun cricketers in the comp (Tocka, Dmac, Browny, Contessa, Bakes) - do you ever see them on here spruiking about how good they are/were? Get out there and get it done this March champ and then you can tell all the world how good you are.

top 4 all decided in Nth B as well

with Aber Park being washed out on the weekend it has allowed Jacana to get very close to them for 1st place

Jacana play Kingsville who are limping to the finals after losing to Abers who seem to be travelling along well now

Aber Park play Seabrook who havent played last game with the result being disputed by Flemington it seems

Abers seem locked into 3rd now

makes for a good finals series I reckon with the 4 best teams clearly making the finals although I reckon it's down to 3 - Kingsville I'm leaving out of contention

If the 4 stays in the order they are it could be an all Aberfeldie GF

what's others thoughts ?

Pump;388033 said:
How did everyone go with getting their covers down early? cos it is raining cats and dogs in St Albans

As long as rain didn't get under covers we will def play this weekend, wicket was already prepared as we new the rain was coming but did not think it would be that heavey.

Hoping VTCA say report to grounds we need to play

He who knows best;388595 said:
top 4 all decided in Nth B as well

with Aber Park being washed out on the weekend it has allowed Jacana to get very close to them for 1st place

Jacana play Kingsville who are limping to the finals after losing to Abers who seem to be travelling along well now

Aber Park play Seabrook who havent played last game with the result being disputed by Flemington it seems

Abers seem locked into 3rd now

makes for a good finals series I reckon with the 4 best teams clearly making the finals although I reckon it's down to 3 - Kingsville I'm leaving out of contention

If the 4 stays in the order they are it could be an all Aberfeldie GF

what's others thoughts ?

Yep, top 4 all set. Should still be an interesting last round, will the top sides rest players or decide that it's best not to risk form going into the semi's?

Assuming the 4 top sides finish in the order they're currently in you'd think that Aber Park would be too strong for Kingy Baps in the semi, but Jacana & Abers would be anyone's guess.

Are top 2 getting promoted and bottom 2 from Nth A coming down this season???

7/564;388099 said:
As long as rain didn't get under covers we will def play this weekend, wicket was already prepared as we new the rain was coming but did not think it would be that heavey.

Hoping VTCA say report to grounds we need to play

What ground you at champ?
Can everyone else advise a definate yes or know yet on their grounds?

Wallop;388592 said:
Top 4 all but decided with a game to go. I guess the up side to that is there will be no controversy this week with games being thrown and the like. i notcied Edrich didn't play on the weekend. Phil can you enlighten us as to why. Will he be back come finals time??
will play finals new born not doing the best ,thats why he didnt play full side to pick from come finals so i am sure we will give it a good shake

We (FUCC) are in similar boat to EK... wicket in reasonable shape pre rain, covers down.... now just hope they do their job !!!

He who knows best;388611 said:
Yes, top 2 go up replaced by bottom 2 of Nth A

Cragieburn and AHeights have looked like being relagated all season and that's how things have panned out.

The two Abers look the goods to come up to NTH A - observing from Far that is, Jacana i dunno how they'll go if they make it to NTH A.

Shame to see Avondale get relegated, they have been very strong 1X1 side in recent years but this year have been a complete rabble and simply not upto 1X1 standard, anyone remember Glenroy amateurs, Avo remind me a them some what.

Glenroy had a very strong 1X1 side but other grades were non competitive, they won NTH A GF and went up to SEN A were they palyed in the finals and finished around the finals the years they competed there but then went belly up, nto enoggh players memebers to get the club going.

Avo are in a similar possie, hope they get their act together.

On finals, this is the first year i can remember the top 4 is decided well before the last round of games, can't recall that ever happening b4. St Albans, Werribee Centrals + Funited are all a chance, Monnee valley will be just making up the numbers.

Think the relegation of the bottom 2 sides in North A needs to be looked at when the draw is left the way it is. Albion played Avondale H twice already have two of there 3 wins from them games. Albion very lucky not to have played against Craigieburn on the weekend as would have put Craigieburn about 5 points behind them if Craigieburn won. Yet if Craigieburn can beat Avondale outright this game then Albion will go down.

Any thoughts ?

I reckon it's a great effort if clubs get their grounds up this week. On a side note, what does everyone think the policy should be? This close to finals, is it fair if some clubs play and other dont? While fantastic if u could, not all clubs could manage to get covers on by wednesday night/thursday morning. At least if we all dont play, everyone is in the same boat. But on the other hand, if clubs like FU & EK have a ground ready, it seems stupid that it goes to waste. Especially hard for EK who are on the outside of the 4 looking in. Very tough call to make as either way some clubs are going to feel very unlucky and it could/probably will decide ladder positions.

sledger1976;388634 said:
Think the relegation of the bottom 2 sides in North A needs to be looked at when the draw is left the way it is. Albion played Avondale H twice already have two of there 3 wins from them games. Albion very lucky not to have played against Craigieburn on the weekend as would have put Craigieburn about 5 points behind them if Craigieburn won. Yet if Craigieburn can beat Avondale outright this game then Albion will go down.

Any thoughts ?

8 team's per grade is fairest as everyone plays each other twice once in a one day game and a 2 day game. But in saying that it has been the same way your years . Not a huge fan of a 12 team comp cause if you get the bottom sides in a one day game can cost you alot of points.

We played FU and St Alban's twice this year very tuff draw but if you are good enough you make it anyway. So know excuses from us.

IntoThe Wind;388120 said:
I reckon it's a great effort if clubs get their grounds up this week. On a side note, what does everyone think the policy should be? This close to finals, is it fair if some clubs play and other dont? While fantastic if u could, not all clubs could manage to get covers on by wednesday night/thursday morning. At least if we all dont play, everyone is in the same boat. But on the other hand, if clubs like FU & EK have a ground ready, it seems stupid that it goes to waste. Especially hard for EK who are on the outside of the 4 looking in. Very tough call to make as either way some clubs are going to feel very unlucky and it could/probably will decide ladder positions.

I agree tuff call to make but if there is know more rain most clubs should get wickets up.

We are lucky our curatar is a very hard working bloke who put's in a lot of time to get us on the park every week. Just look at last weekend our 4th's played and over 300 runs were scored on a wicket that wasn't covered.

Hoping we play cause both our one's and two's need to win to be any chance of making final's but we only have ourself's to blame if we don't

sledger1976;388634 said:

Any thoughts ?
if u cant win a flag clubs should not go up,

IntoThe Wind;388120 said:

Mate i understand your point.

But i reckon its not a coincidence how often good+organised+hardworking clubs get their wickets up - give themselves every chance to play, suprising how they regularly get their facilities right when others find excuses not to play (have wicket right).

On that note just saw the Nth A2 weekend results, and AHeights hosting FUCC didn't get on the park? Don't tell me wicket problems, shame for 2nd X1 blokes, perfect sunny day and these fellas don't get a game, i recall Taylors lakes boys 1X1 complaining earlier in the year how their day 1 clash with AH on a perfect day was called off because splinkers were left on one side of the wicket.

i may be a bit harsh here but it seems Doutta stars and AH have both been guilty of not having their wickets right on perfect cricketing conditions.

Why penalise the clubs working hard to paly - i reckon good luck to the likes of FUCC + EK - especially EK have heard alot of good things about their curator. Good on 'em.

sledger1976;388634 said:

Any thoughts ?

I think the VTCA should look at 10 teams in Nth A & Nth B.
In my opinion Craigieburn should never have gone up in the first place. They weren't a patch on Centrals or M/Valley in Nth B last season, and it's no surprise to see them probably going straight back down.

I wouldn't mind seeing the bottom 4 teams of Nth A getting dropped to Nth B to even up both grades at 10 sides. You wouldn't get to play everyone twice but as 7/564 said it's not ideal having 12 teams in Nth A (especially if you cop the better sides twice).

I guess in North A this round it's not as bad as the clubs that are fighting for spots, being ST A, FU, EK, Werr, are all the home teams. So if they REALLY want to, then u make sure you do whatever you can to get the wicket up. Bit harder if, like your example, one of the teams was away against a club that weren't making finals and therefore would probably be happy not playing on saturday.

phil crea;388642 said:
if u cant win a flag clubs should not go up,

Not right Phil, if ur the best team all year have an off day or heaven forbid the Rain affects the outcome.
I think the fairest thing is the Grandfinalists go up its FAIR.

Look at MV lost granny but still holding there own and Phil u guys arent going to bad either if your not out of your depth whats the problem surely the bottom two of NthA remain and continue getting slapped it could demorilise and kill a club.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back