North A and B 09/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
re: North A and B 10/11

10notout;369962 said:
thoughts on round 1.

*MV massive score against AH 320 in 47 overs after rolling AH for 66.

*St.Albans DEF EK ( no former Footscray opening Bowler ).

*Seddon smashing Werribee Centrals.

*Albion in a close one against Taylors Lakes.

*Footscray big score V Craigieburn.

Any thoughts

roachy got a big ton at his new club.opening bowler for st.albans at wedding.seddon and w/c they will both finsh down the bottom.T/L look like they mit be o.k have some good players but albion have lost a lot of there best players to st.albans.craigieburn look avg footscrays big score dosnt mean much if it was at there postage stamp ground.how was every ones wicket ours was shit as always ground was shit to.

I see no manning at FU. Has he actually retired? Also no import at AH. If he is not playing then they are really going to struggle. And albion seem to have lost a lot of players. A few at st albans, but no barletta, micaleff and import from last year. Glad to see TL did well on turf for the first time, although i don't see how jones bowling 20 overs from one helps their development. Still very, very early but i think there may be a large gap between the good & average teams this year.

well 1 round down, and 1 loss to us. Bit disappointed with the bowling display we gave against Seabrook, but we batted alright. I don't think there is much difference between the sides and looking forward to playing them in the 2 dayer with some of our guys back from injury. Hopefully they are back for this week against Roosters. How did everyone else go in North B last weekend?

-I heard there has been some problems with the overseas Sri Lankans and their visa's so that might be what has happened to Foot Utd, Aber Pk and AH imports. Not sure of when or even if they will get the all clear to come into the country.
-Craigieburn result does not surprise. They will struggle big time in the bowling department
-MV might go alright on the back of Roach and Pridham. Their bowling still a little thin but they might get away with it.
-WC-Crea mucking up? Surely not? I see they had no Broughton or Edrich? If those guys arent playing, they will struggle.
-I heard Manning has been sounding out a few other options away from FU. Will be interesting to see if he ends up leaving as I doubt he'll play at FU.
-Glen Jones goes from retiring to bowling 20 from 1 end on Sat. Good effort and will be along with Johnny Markham the key to TL ladder posi.
-Good to see the Kingy Baps rolled the Roosters. Welcome back to VTCA KB.
-Hard to judge how good St.Andrews and Roosters are as most would have expected Roosters to beat the Baptists whilst losing to Seabrook first up not what St.Andrews would have wanted. Interesting to see to Reber still playing at Seabrook after handing over the CC job. Maybe they might fly in Funky Miller for a couple of Testimonial games???
-Whats the go with Aberfeldie's pitch? I see both their 1sts and 2nds played at Jacana on the weekend?

WTF!;370140 said:
-I heard there has been some problems with the overseas Sri Lankans and their visa's so that might be what has happened to Foot Utd, Aber Pk and AH imports. Not sure of when or even if they will get the all clear to come into the country.
-Craigieburn result does not surprise. They will struggle big time in the bowling department
-MV might go alright on the back of Roach and Pridham. Their bowling still a little thin but they might get away with it.
-WC-Crea mucking up? Surely not? I see they had no Broughton or Edrich? If those guys arent playing, they will struggle.
-I heard Manning has been sounding out a few other options away from FU. Will be interesting to see if he ends up leaving as I doubt he'll play at FU.
-Glen Jones goes from retiring to bowling 20 from 1 end on Sat. Good effort and will be along with Johnny Markham the key to TL ladder posi.
-Good to see the Kingy Baps rolled the Roosters. Welcome back to VTCA KB.
-Hard to judge how good St.Andrews and Roosters are as most would have expected Roosters to beat the Baptists whilst losing to Seabrook first up not what St.Andrews would have wanted. Interesting to see to Reber still playing at Seabrook after handing over the CC job. Maybe they might fly in Funky Miller for a couple of Testimonial games???
-Whats the go with Aberfeldie's pitch? I see both their 1sts and 2nds played at Jacana on the weekend?

good weekend of North b action.

I think we might see Aberfeldie Park & Jacana fighting it out for the minor premiership and Flemington followed by a host of other clubs trying to grab a spot in the top 4.

Jacana's bowling has always carried them and they lost 7 wickets chasing down 80-odd to win but the wicket could've been anything out there i suppose. They're always tough to beat so i can't see them missing the 4.
Aber Park look to have kept most of their side and they are always around the mark so book them in for finals as well.

Flemington & Seabrook could be pretty evenly matched and the other 3 new sides we won't know much about until they've played a few games in the comp. No point judging them after 1 round.
Aberfeldie would be thinking if they put another 20 runs on the board they could've won on the weekend so will be interested to see how they shape up.

WTF!;370140 said:
-I heard there has been some problems with the overseas Sri Lankans and their visa's so that might be what has happened to Foot Utd, Aber Pk and AH imports.

thats right... heard seddon have given up on there imports, just been cleared by immigration this end not going to bother...

IntoThe Wind;370130 said:
I see no manning at FU. Has he actually retired? Also no import at AH. If he is not playing then they are really going to struggle. And albion seem to have lost a lot of players. A few at st albans, but no barletta, micaleff and import from last year. Glad to see TL did well on turf for the first time, although i don't see how jones bowling 20 overs from one helps their development. Still very, very early but i think there may be a large gap between the good & average teams this year.

they will be better of with out manning anyway overated big time.M/V had import cuming out also not cuming now like the other got knocked back at imma.jones will bowl 20 to 30 over every week there young kids wont get a look in its all about him.are you kidding me are you saying Barletta will be a missed i dont think so cant play bowls 5th and bats last

they will be better of with out manning anyway overated big time.M/V had import cuming out also not cuming now like the other got knocked back at imma.jones will bowl 20 to 30 over every week there young kids wont get a look in its all about him.are you kidding me are you saying Barletta will be a missed i dont think so cant play bowls 5th and bats last

Totally agree with the Manning call, ask Suares. Have spoken to few clubs & they are all strugglin with the import situation. Jonesy, quality player but can be quite abrasive in regards to personality. If they can get along with him the club will definately benefit from his presence. Albion will miss Barletta if he has left, bowls a good line & has consistantly taken wickets in the past. Premiership player there from memory & was skipper last season.

You guys crack me up bagging blokes like Manning. he has given good service to his club over the years. I think he has won something crazy like 8 or 9 club champions and except for last year i think he has finished top 5 in the comp medal half a dozen times. Not a bad effort!!!! i am sure he is better than most players getting around in North A.

You guys crack me up bagging blokes like Manning. he has given good service to his club over the years. I think he has won something crazy like 8 or 9 club champions and except for last year i think he has finished top 5 in the comp medal half a dozen times. Not a bad effort!!!! i am sure he is better than most players getting around in North A.

Is this you Ash? Or are u a paid up member of the "Manning for PM fan club?" Better than most in Nth A, big call mate. Definately one of the best salesman in the comp in selling himself to the umps.

Whats the changes of playing this week?

On another note surely the one and only could not be umpring this year.

Sunshine United v Strathmore at Selwyn Park Russell Pollock Steve Brne

goneforplenty;370506 said:

this is ash because no one would say that about a bloke who plays for him self and his been over rate for 8 ore 9 years u say u have one 8 ore 9 club champions have a look at the side your playing in that side hasnt played finals for 8 ore 9 years u bowl straight arm shit and hide middle order play on a postage stamp ground and still cant make a run.the boys a footscray are rapped your gone no that for a fact.

7/564;370516 said:
Whats the changes of playing this week?

On another note surely the one and only could not be umpring this year.

Sunshine United v Strathmore at Selwyn Park Russell Pollock Steve Brne

HA HA good luck boys

ROY G BIV;371557 said:
when did he paly for Melb UNI.
what's he doimng at seedon then?
Mates or $$'s?

Not sure. My club had a crack at him as he knows one of our players quite well in the winter but he said he was going back to Melbourne Uni. Spewing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back