North A and B 09/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
re: North A and B 10/11

Just popped into club and looks like a lot of water got under covers gutted.

Spoke to curator and he will do everything he can to get on it talking about being at club at 5.30AM to get it up to speed but will be tuff. Hope other teams had better luck just to much rain it seems

sledger1976;388634 said:
Think the relegation of the bottom 2 sides in North A needs to be looked at when the draw is left the way it is. Albion played Avondale H twice already have two of there 3 wins from them games. Albion very lucky not to have played against Craigieburn on the weekend as would have put Craigieburn about 5 points behind them if Craigieburn won. Yet if Craigieburn can beat Avondale outright this game then Albion will go down.

Any thoughts ?

Fair point.

Lets see 12 teams and 11 macthes.

Why don't we play each other once in a 2 dayer. Problem solved!
season extended by 2 weeks (why don't we start 2 weeks earlier for divisions with 12 teams) i know getting the wickets up that early is an issue - but if there is the will to play each team once in a 2 dayer then it can be done by either starting 2 weeks early or finishing two weeks later, we'll all be
be happy.

Otherwise the draw will always be unfair for some.

On the new 2 up 2 down concept. I like it.
Premierships are hard to win for most clubs (Just ask Gr$$nvale), so this gives clubs more incentive to move up into the higher grades.
Best two teams to go up and worst two teams going down, sounds good to me.

7/564;388131 said:
Just popped into club and looks like a lot of water got under covers gutted.

Spoke to curator and he will do everything he can to get on it talking about being at club at 5.30AM to get it up to speed but will be tuff. Hope other teams had better luck just to much rain it seems

moonee valley is a big mud pit.. dont think they will play tommorrow:cool:

CheeQuee;388643 said:
I think the VTCA should look at 10 teams in Nth A & Nth B.
In my opinion Craigieburn should never have gone up in the first place. They weren't a patch on Centrals or M/Valley in Nth B last season, and it's no surprise to see them probably going straight back down.

I wouldn't mind seeing the bottom 4 teams of Nth A getting dropped to Nth B to even up both grades at 10 sides. You wouldn't get to play everyone twice but as 7/564 said it's not ideal having 12 teams in Nth A (especially if you cop the better sides twice).

Cheeks,
Agree, Craigieburn were never going to cut it and they seem to have gone backwards from their year in Nth B last year if you look at their side now. I think both Avondale and Craigieburn wouldn't make the current Nth B 4 as we speak.
I think the only answer to solving the number of clubs in each grade is to get more new clubs to the comp. The 8 in Nth B can still have its disadvantages as it is structured that you play half the teams twice b4 Xmas and then the other half twice after. A number of clubs are very different pre and post Xmas and so you can get he wrong edge of sword ther too.
As far as other clubs go, is there any truth to a rumour that the likes of Darley may come into the comp? Maybe thats where we get the additional sides from? Personally, Werribee and Craigieburn are far enough for me but you never know what it ,might end up at.

ROY G BIV;388659 said:
Fair point.

Lets see 12 teams and 11 macthes.

Why don't we play each other once in a 2 dayer. Problem solved!
season extended by 2 weeks (why don't we start 2 weeks earlier for divisions with 12 teams) i know getting the wickets up that early is an issue - but if there is the will to play each team once in a 2 dayer then it can be done by either starting 2 weeks early or finishing two weeks later, we'll all be
be happy.

Otherwise the draw will always be unfair for some.

On the new 2 up 2 down concept. I like it.
Premierships are hard to win for most clubs (Just ask Gr$$nvale), so this gives clubs more incentive to move up into the higher grades.
Best two teams to go up and worst two teams going down, sounds good to me.

I don't think there's much room to move with regards to making the season start earlier or finish later.

As it goes now, Round 1 is scheduled for the Saturday straight after AFL Grand Final, so it couldn't start any earlier.

And going any later would bring circumstances like weather and footy practice matches (and Easter?) into the mix...

I support the concept of premier & runner-up getting promoted as well. Helps to continue the rivalry between those sides.

2time;379615 said:
When your mob carries on the way it does i don't think anyone really gives a rats about W/C's finals aspirations. If your happy as coach Phil in the way your team conducts itself & your happy to put your name to it why would you care what others think.... By all the posts i've read by other people about W/C it seems no one really cares except you.

A question for you Phil, does your President know about this site???

of course he does we have nothing to hide , just signed contract 4 3 years

phil crea;388318 said:
of course he does we have nothing to hide , just signed contract 4 3 years

You've got a few running scared on here Phil,WC flag favs I reckon ..................:D:D:D

CheeQuee;388663 said:
I don't think there's much room to move with regards to making the season start earlier or finish later.

As it goes now, Round 1 is scheduled for the Saturday straight after AFL Grand Final, so it couldn't start any earlier.

And going any later would bring circumstances like weather and footy practice matches (and Easter?) into the mix...

I support the concept of premier & runner-up getting promoted as well. Helps to continue the rivalry between those sides.

Nothing wrong with making the two one dayers sat sun to make them all two dayers and every one play each other once in a two day game weather permitting.

hussler;388376 said:
You've got a few running scared on here Phil,WC flag favs I reckon ..................:D:D:D

told a lot of people 7 games ago when we were second last ,oh well maybe there cricket knowledge is poor hussler lol have to love dills

BigCoq;388658 said:
Not right Phil, if ur the best team all year have an off day or heaven forbid the Rain affects the outcome.
I think the fairest thing is the Grandfinalists go up its FAIR.

Look at MV lost granny but still holding there own and Phil u guys arent going to bad either if your not out of your depth whats the problem surely the bottom two of NthA remain and continue getting slapped it could demorilise and kill a club.

i just beleieve it means something to win a flag ,then u earn your spot

Pushpakumara;388379 said:
Runs win GF's... WC are a bowling side... dunno if theyre favourites, but its a very open finals i reckon

i agree should be a good finals series ,we will play st albans i am sure who ever wins that will win the flag

ROY G BIV;388620 said:
On finals, this is the first year i can rember the top 4 is decided well before the last round of games, can't recall that ever happening b4. St Albans, Werribee Centrals + Funited are all a chance, Monnee valley will be just make up the numbers.

Interesting tips- 3 out of the 4 are a chance...but the current ladder leaders (by some points, admittedly losing a close one on the weekend to Werribee, a team written off by 90% of user posts this season) are scraping in to make up the numbers!??!

I've spent a little time perusing the pages of this thread and amongst the dribble that seems to dominate; I can't help but make a couple of observations Roy-
A) That's a fairly observant (albeit conservative) tip. Being in the top 4 at least one of them has to make the grandfinal under the current system, thus, leaving them a chance to win... Put you're credit on the line and pick a winner.

B) You seem unreasonably biased against Moonee Valley, a common theme throughout much of your contribution. Any reasons you date rate them, as they seem to be going along nicely for a team who supposedly rely on handful of players?

hussler;388258 said:
Well bowled Big Coq.....................turn it up.............:D

True no luck with the ball.
did ya check out the batting stats im tipping ive made more than you in two digs still Not Out champ.

W/C vs Moonee Valley... could see a repeat in one of the semis...
W/C just got over the line with no Edrich, yet Moonee Valley no Aiyappan or Perrera. Which team had the biggest outs?
Should be a great rematch in the weeks to come.

BigCoq;388429 said:
True no luck with the ball.
did ya check out the batting stats im tipping ive made more than you in two digs still Not Out champ.

Check again CHAMP..........:eek:

phil crea;388602 said:
will play finals new born not doing the best ,thats why he didnt play full side to pick from come finals so i am sure we will give it a good shake

New born not well, I hope all works out well there for him. Edrich having 4 weeks off before finals could work in WC favour. He will be fresh as a daisy and might need to bowl some big overs if they make the GF

hussler;388459 said:
Check again CHAMP..........:eek:

I have no care factor for what you do.
I only care about my club and my team the rest can please themselves.
Not interested in getting into a school girl spat with your petty little ego.
We are both too Old past our best but still nice to back up and contribute to the team in a meanigful way. ;)

freehit;388758 said:
W/C vs Moonee Valley... could see a repeat in one of the semis...
W/C just got over the line with no Edrich, yet Moonee Valley no Aiyappan or Perrera. Which team had the biggest outs?
Should be a great rematch in the weeks to come.

Whilst stats dont paint the full picture... Perriera and aiyappan nearly 400 runs each. Aiyappan 24 wickets. Edrich 20 wickets. Gun bowler but figures probably show moonee valley probably had bigger outs.. Edrich gun bowler tho. Hope his kid gets better...

BigCoq;388475 said:
I have no care factor for what you do.
I only care about my club and my team the rest can please themselves.
Not interested in getting into a school girl spat with your petty little ego.
We are both too Old past our best but still nice to back up and contribute to the team in a meanigful way. ;)

Just admit you choked on weekend hahaha did you bowl the last few overs????:eek::eek:

koh phi phi 3;388825 said:
Whilst stats dont paint the full picture... Perriera and aiyappan nearly 400 runs each. Aiyappan 24 wickets. Edrich 20 wickets. Gun bowler but figures probably show moonee valley probably had bigger outs.. Edrich gun bowler tho. Hope his kid gets better...

two good players , but if u read the stats they havent beaten us in the last 3 years ,but saying that i like playing them they play the game hard . the little one is doing a bit better

hussler;388504 said:
Just admit you choked on weekend hahaha did you bowl the last few overs????:eek::eek:

Know i didnt bowl i was fielding at silly mid on putting my body on the line softy....;) just helped the team get some extra bonus ponts try an help us get into the finals.

phil crea;388829 said:
two good players , but if u read the stats they havent beaten us in the last 3 years ,but saying that i like playing them they play the game hard . the little one is doing a bit better

Someone must like you beating moonee valley phil, havn't lost in 3 years and the one time they were in a promising position over you last year if i recall correctly didn't it rain second week?
Seems to be a rivalry building between the two clubs which is good to see in the competition. Hence why i think two teams getting promoted and relegated is a good idea. It promotes these rivalries and makes the competition stronger and healthier.

Top 4 all but decided with a game to go. I guess the up side to that is there will be no controversy this week with games being thrown and the like. i notcied Edrich didn't play on the weekend. Phil can you enlighten us as to why. Will he be back come finals time??

PokaOKane;388740 said:
Interesting tips- 3 out of the 4 are a chance...but the current ladder leaders (by some points, admittedly losing a close one on the weekend to Werribee, a team written off by 90% of user posts this season) are scraping in to make up the numbers!??!

I've spent a little time perusing the pages of this thread and amongst the dribble that seems to dominate; I can't help but make a couple of observations Roy-
A) That's a fairly observant (albeit conservative) tip. Being in the top 4 at least one of them has to make the grandfinal under the current system, thus, leaving them a chance to win... Put you're credit on the line and pick a winner.

B) You seem unreasonably biased against Moonee Valley, a common theme throughout much of your contribution. Any reasons you date rate them, as they seem to be going along nicely for a team who supposedly rely on handful of players?

PokaOKane , if you took time to go through my posts, you should've also noticed that i say on more than one occasion "it's nothing personal", just my own thoughts as a player in NTH A.

In fact in some of my posts i have congratulated MV for their terrific season but have also mentioed their shortcomings and not deviated from my belief that they are an ordinary side which has simply overachieved in a severely weakened NTH A comp.

Look at Funited, essentially the same side as last 2 years (with the exception of TJ ) where they struggled and now they are a chance for minor premiership. Have no frontline fast bowlers (apologies to the oldtimer D Mcllenan?) TJ is their spinner and that's it. had a better bowling attack last year with suares + sri lankan overseas but couldn't buy a win
& look @ 'em now.

Saying anything less than complimentary about any club is bound to invite some stick from the supporters of that club & good on you for denfending your 1X1 (fair to assume you are a MV fella)

As far as my tip who'll win it, well mate i'll go through that again probably next week?

top 4 all decided in Nth B as well

with Aber Park being washed out on the weekend it has allowed Jacana to get very close to them for 1st place

Jacana play Kingsville who are limping to the finals after losing to Abers who seem to be travelling along well now

Aber Park play Seabrook who havent played last game with the result being disputed by Flemington it seems

Abers seem locked into 3rd now

makes for a good finals series I reckon with the 4 best teams clearly making the finals although I reckon it's down to 3 - Kingsville I'm leaving out of contention

If the 4 stays in the order they are it could be an all Aberfeldie GF

what's others thoughts ?

freehit;388835 said:
Someone must like you beating moonee valley phil, havn't lost in 3 years and the one time they were in a promising position over you last year if i recall correctly didn't it rain second week?
Seems to be a rivalry building between the two clubs which is good to see in the competition. Hence why i think two teams getting promoted and relegated is a good idea. It promotes these rivalries and makes the competition stronger and healthier.
good call

He who knows best;388595 said:
top 4 all decided in Nth B as well

with Aber Park being washed out on the weekend it has allowed Jacana to get very close to them for 1st place

Jacana play Kingsville who are limping to the finals after losing to Abers who seem to be travelling along well now

Aber Park play Seabrook who havent played last game with the result being disputed by Flemington it seems

Abers seem locked into 3rd now

makes for a good finals series I reckon with the 4 best teams clearly making the finals although I reckon it's down to 3 - Kingsville I'm leaving out of contention

If the 4 stays in the order they are it could be an all Aberfeldie GF

what's others thoughts ?

Yep, top 4 all set. Should still be an interesting last round, will the top sides rest players or decide that it's best not to risk form going into the semi's?

Assuming the 4 top sides finish in the order they're currently in you'd think that Aber Park would be too strong for Kingy Baps in the semi, but Jacana & Abers would be anyone's guess.

Are top 2 getting promoted and bottom 2 from Nth A coming down this season???

Wallop;388592 said:
Top 4 all but decided with a game to go. I guess the up side to that is there will be no controversy this week with games being thrown and the like. i notcied Edrich didn't play on the weekend. Phil can you enlighten us as to why. Will he be back come finals time??
will play finals new born not doing the best ,thats why he didnt play full side to pick from come finals so i am sure we will give it a good shake

Phart Lap;388841 said:
Thats the first quote you've ever put on here Phil without a spelling mistake.

Well done.

how was the game against Abers last weekend Phart ?

from what I've heard the 2 teams play some competitive cricket against one another

who's the dangers out of Aber Park, Abers and Jacana from a Kingsville point of view ?

He who knows best;388611 said:
Yes, top 2 go up replaced by bottom 2 of Nth A

Cragieburn and AHeights have looked like being relagated all season and that's how things have panned out.

The two Abers look the goods to come up to NTH A - observing from Far that is, Jacana i dunno how they'll go if they make it to NTH A.

Shame to see Avondale get relegated, they have been very strong 1X1 side in recent years but this year have been a complete rabble and simply not upto 1X1 standard, anyone remember Glenroy amateurs, Avo remind me a them some what.

Glenroy had a very strong 1X1 side but other grades were non competitive, they won NTH A GF and went up to SEN A were they palyed in the finals and finished around the finals the years they competed there but then went belly up, nto enoggh players memebers to get the club going.

Avo are in a similar possie, hope they get their act together.

On finals, this is the first year i can remember the top 4 is decided well before the last round of games, can't recall that ever happening b4. St Albans, Werribee Centrals + Funited are all a chance, Monnee valley will be just making up the numbers.

ROY G BIV;388836 said:
PokaOKane , if you took time to go through my posts, you should've also noticed that i say on more than one occasion "it's nothing personal", just my own thoughts as a player in NTH A.

In fact in some of my posts i have congratulated MV for their terrific season but have also mentioed their shortcomings and not deviated from my belief that they are an ordinary side which has simply overachieved in a severely weakened NTH A comp.

Look at Funited, essentially the same side as last 2 years (with the exception of TJ ) where they struggled and now they are a chance for minor premiership. Have no frontline fast bowlers (apologies to the oldtimer D Mcllenan?) TJ is their spinner and that's it. had a better bowling attack last year with suares + sri lankan overseas but couldn't buy a win
& look @ 'em now.

Saying anything less than complimentary about any club is bound to invite some stick from the supporters of that club & good on you for denfending your 1X1 (fair to assume you are a MV fella)

As far as my tip who'll win it, well mate i'll go through that again probably next week?

i disagree the four top sides ,on there day would beat a lot of sides in the next divison

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back