North A And B

I would also be intersested on peoples thought on the Best players in North B grade.

Best Batsmen -
Best Quick -
Best Spinner -
Best Allrounder -

I'll start with :
Heke best Bat.
Kwaja best bowler.
Spinner none.
Best Allrounder Leigh Lewis.
Controversial perhaps but lets have it.

Maybe a little bias there BigCoq, but nothing wrong with that. here is who i think is best bat / bowl. these players not necessarily have most runs and wickets by stats.

Best Bat: M O'Toole - St Andrews
Best Bowl: M Smith - Laverton
Best Spinner: Tough one but i reckon the english import from Flemmington
Best Allrounder: Kwaja - Kingsville

let us know what ya think

id say they have some good players but weak links too. bunch of wanks also if u ask me. every team ive spoken to this yr have said they're the worst bunch of blokes on the field

Not on the field to make freinds.
Were good to have a beer with thou...

Maybe a little bias there BigCoq, but nothing wrong with that. here is who i think is best bat / bowl. these players not necessarily have most runs and wickets by stats.

O'toole & Kwaja are great players but i think Kwaja this year is a little off in the all round standings but a quality performer none the less.
I have no clue on M.Smith. and Flems spinner very handy indeed.

O'toole & Kwaja are great players but i think Kwaja this year is a little off in the all round standings but a quality performer none the less.
I have no clue on M.Smith. and Flems spinner very handy indeed.

big Coq i was talkin about laverton not u guys, thought u guys were a good bunch to play against.

M smith is he the quick from laverton? id have to agree he is probably the best bowling to a 8/1 field.

I dunno what the talk about kwaja is, handy bowler but just looked like a slog with the bat (not even a quality slogger)

North A going down to the wire

Footscray United will finish on top for sure now you would think

With 0.6 pts seperating Tulla in 2nd and Aberfeldie in 3rd that spot it now up for grabs, who in their right mind would have thought Aberfeldie would have been in the running for anything other than a relegation spot. Have to hand it to them for becoming an improving side. By the looks of it though I can't see through their team sheets that there is any major change in personal ? Nyhus still getting the most runs and Shannahan the most wickets as has been the case for a few years now

this week St Albans are 4th and play Aberfeldie in 3rd, so the winner it seems confirms a spot in the finals.

Jacana are only 1 pt from 4th but play Footsray U so that will be a great game too, so if the upset occurs then Jacana push themselves right into the mix for a Top 2 spot even

Taylors Lakes in 6th spot play Tullamarine so them being nearly 8 points out of the 4th spot may be a little too much unless they beat Tullamarine who if they do lose against TL could actually miss the finals as they have FU in the last game

Aberfeldie also play Jacana in the last round so Abers could also miss the finals should they lost to St Albans and then against Jacana

the VTCA making the last 2 games 1 day games certainly means a better end to the season and doesnt allow for contrived results to make or break finals chances, the best geniune teams will step up over the next 2 weeks without a doubt

good luck to them all

kwaja bowls slow pies and thinks he bowls like dale steyn. straight up and down with a slower ball that comes once or twice an over
a fit o'toole is the best bat comfortably from what ive seen this season best bat would be a tough decision as know batsmen seems to be getting a heap of runs
agree with the best spinner lomas from flemington by quite a length

With 0.6 pts seperating Tulla in 2nd and Aberfeldie in 3rd that spot it now up for grabs, who in their right mind would have thought Aberfeldie would have been in the running for anything other than a relegation spot. Have to hand it to them for becoming an improving side. By the looks of it though I can't see through their team sheets that there is any major change in personal ? Nyhus still getting the most runs and Shannahan the most wickets as has been the case for a few years now

this week St Albans are 4th and play Aberfeldie in 3rd, so the winner it seems confirms a spot in the finals.

Jacana are only 1 pt from 4th but play Footsray U so that will be a great game too, so if the upset occurs then Jacana push themselves right into the mix for a Top 2 spot even

Taylors Lakes in 6th spot play Tullamarine so them being nearly 8 points out of the 4th spot may be a little too much unless they beat Tullamarine who if they do lose against TL could actually miss the finals as they have FU in the last game

Aberfeldie also play Jacana in the last round so Abers could also miss the finals should they lost to St Albans and then against Jacana

the VTCA making the last 2 games 1 day games certainly means a better end to the season and doesnt allow for contrived results to make or break finals chances, the best geniune teams will step up over the next 2 weeks without a doubt

good luck to them all

certainly has come down to the wire , teams below jacana and tulla must be laughing that they all got on and got maximum points while they were the only teams not to play , with tulla going from a certain top 2 spot to now being in a dogfight without playing a game , and jacana going from 3rd to 5th , seems unfair, and word was tulla boys were disapointed at the state of jacanas ground , being their first home game back at the ground after renovations!

all the best for the rest of us though!! we are all now back in the hunt , seems strange that east keilor can have won 3 less games than second spot but only be 11 points behind !

scrap the scoring system ! should just be points for a win and percentage !

NORTH B1
Best Bat: M Logan - Laverton
Best Bowl: M Smith - Laverton (unlucky not to get many wickets though!!)
Best Spinner: M O'Brien - Laverton
Best Allrounder: J Baker - Laverton
Just my opinion!!

Not on the field to make freinds.
Were good to have a beer with thou...

Big Coq, sorry for the delay in answering your question on my thoughts on our move to the VTCA. i have found North B to be pretty similar to when I last played, some quality players and some great blokes to play against. We have struggled this year given some significant changes to our side from last year but the upside is we've probably been able to give some of our kids a go which will be great for them moving forward. it was nice to have you guys play and stay for a beer after a good days cricket, doesn't happen enough. I thought your young fella who bowled on Saturday is a massive upside for you guys. Good luck in the finals mate as I think you guys are safe now after the weekend. Lavo will be hard to beat, good side, very even through their lineup. Given who we have played this year my selections for the bests are as follows:

Best Bat: M Logan - Laverton (quality bat). Would have loved to have played against O'Toole because I've heard some good things about him.
Best Bowl: Tough one- not really a stand out to me. Usual suspects Smith, Kwaja, Lewis, Baker etc. Bastow from Flemington still goes ok and they would be spewing they haven't got more games out of him this year. I also think Draper from St Andrews will be ok given he's only really been playing for 3 or so years.
Best Spinner: I'm surprised everyone has picked lomas, he must have had an off day against us- no one jumps out of the pack.
Best Allrounder: Until saturday I would have said every other name in the comp but I think Lewis is as good as anything going around in North B. had an outstanding game against us and is in the top 5 with both bat and ball.

NORTH B1
Best Bat: M Logan - Laverton
Best Bowl: M Smith - Laverton (unlucky not to get many wickets though!!)
Best Spinner: M O'Brien - Laverton
Best Allrounder: J Baker - Laverton
Just my opinion!!

Interesting comments. you must be Lavertons number 1 ticket holder or something?

I must admit though Logan is a gun bat. i went with O'toole but hard to split.
Agree with smith as best bowler in the comp.
not sure where you got O'brien from as best spinner nothing special at all from what ive seen.
Baker ok but think better allrounders out there. Baker pretty much try's to just slog these days

good luck to them all

Any one know if Jacana's ground will be ready to play on this week? Well looks like who ever wins out of abers and jacana will take 4th (possibly 3rd) spot. Who would've picked that at start of yr. Tulla would be shatted if they miss the finals, which is a big possibility with TL leap frogging them to snatch 4th with a good win and loss to tulla

Does anybody know if there is a rule preventing two captains agreeing to declare their innings after 20,40, and 60 overs in the last one dayer of the year, thus creating the chance for outright points and extra bonus points?

Big Coq, sorry for the delay in answering your question on my thoughts on our move to the VTCA. i have found North B to be pretty similar to when I last played, some quality players and some great blokes to play against. We have struggled this year given some significant changes to our side from last year but the upside is we've probably been able to give some of our kids a go which will be great for them moving forward. it was nice to have you guys play and stay for a beer after a good days cricket, doesn't happen enough. I thought your young fella who bowled on Saturday is a massive upside for you guys. Good luck in the finals mate as I think you guys are safe now after the weekend. Lavo will be hard to beat, good side, very even through their lineup. Given who we have played this year my selections for the bests are as follows:

Best Bat: M Logan - Laverton (quality bat). Would have loved to have played against O'Toole because I've heard some good things about him.
Best Bowl: Tough one- not really a stand out to me. Usual suspects Smith, Kwaja, Lewis, Baker etc. Bastow from Flemington still goes ok and they would be spewing they haven't got more games out of him this year. I also think Draper from St Andrews will be ok given he's only really been playing for 3 or so years.
Best Spinner: I'm surprised everyone has picked lomas, he must have had an off day against us- no one jumps out of the pack.
Best Allrounder: Until saturday I would have said every other name in the comp but I think Lewis is as good as anything going around in North B. had an outstanding game against us and is in the top 5 with both bat and ball.

Gd ta hear from ya m8.
all th player u nominated im sure will make it into the team of the year including your young opener im sure...
Our young bowler is only 16 and probably the fastest at the club...
Gd think for us is we have some developing youth in the firsts & seconds.
Big game on Saturday playing Lavo can wait these type of games are what its all about...

Best Bat: S Crabtree - Altona Roosters (quality bat).Big name recruit from Altona North, Strong thru the covers, good feilder and solid bowler. Well worth any money paid!

yeah id say best bat stuart crabtree he is just a quality bat solid in all the right areas

i treat the bloke more like a friend than a commodity....
With finals on the horizon just hope he can get amongst it same goes for the rest of us really.

Back