North A And B

Dingo, there are 29 sides that will make up the 4 divisions of North & West. The initial thoughts were 4 division of 8 but there are 2 sides from the MMVCA who won't be in the mix, Albion from what we hear here are done and St Marys from the MMVCA aren't or haven't committed to the VTCA given they are not on the website. If St Mary's doesn't join that brings it back to 28 sides. Obviously 4 x 8 teams works given you can play 7 one day & 7 two day games over the seaon, and you play one extra day to cover that fixture. Very interesting, I wouldn't want to be the one trying to put this together as there are always going to be clubs who will not be happy with these sort of proposals. From what I have seen the West A looks a much stronger mix of sides than North A, IMO

I stand corrected re St Marys, they are on the website as Maribyrnong Park St Marys Cricket Club. That makes 29 sides in 4 divisions

To much speculation hold on to your horses all will be revealed in due course...
AGM on the 27th.

sorry coq have seen the sides in the four divisions and the only difference is that Albion may continue. I can also confirm 100% 2 sides from mmvca not interested.

have you got some sneaky info with three sides coming from the willy comp????
The rest of the clubs in the Willy comp would like to know if 3 clubs are swapping over because that would finish turf cricket in the comp. Hopefully we will find out at the Willy comp AGM on 20th July. When the chairman asked the delegates at the Willy comp meeting last week whether any club was considering crossing over no one said anything.

Dingo, there are 29 sides that will make up the 4 divisions of North & West. The initial thoughts were 4 division of 8 but there are 2 sides from the MMVCA who won't be in the mix, Albion from what we hear here are done and St Marys from the MMVCA aren't or haven't committed to the VTCA given they are not on the website. If St Mary's doesn't join that brings it back to 28 sides. Obviously 4 x 8 teams works given you can play 7 one day & 7 two day games over the seaon, and you play one extra day to cover that fixture. Very interesting, I wouldn't want to be the one trying to put this together as there are always going to be clubs who will not be happy with these sort of proposals. From what I have seen the West A looks a much stronger mix of sides than North A, IMO

If that is the case Guru , with which comp would the 2 clubs affiliate. Church comp?

The rest of the clubs in the Willy comp would like to know if 3 clubs are swapping over because that would finish turf cricket in the comp. Hopefully we will find out at the Willy comp AGM on 20th July. When the chairman asked the delegates at the Willy comp meeting last week whether any club was considering crossing over no one said anything.

If a club was to consider crossing over, why would they show their hand before the membership was consulted?

If a club was to consider crossing over, why would they show their hand before the membership was consulted?

Surely most clubs have had their AGMs, so why would it be kept a secret?
Apart from a few larger clubs in wdca, none of the rest would last 5 years in the vtca!

Apart from a few larger clubs in wdca, none of the rest would last 5 years in the vtca!

I have a fair idea, but I'd like to hear other peoples' opinions on what do they think are the main selling points of the VTCA?
Does anyone know if the VTCA scouts these clubs or do the clubs go after the VTCA?
One thing is for certain... The increase in clubs is surely going to mean a greater competition.

have you got some sneaky info with three sides coming from the willy comp????

M8 my only care factor is my club and taking that next step and snagging that holy grail the premiership.
Who what where why is irrelavent play cricket against however where ever.

The AGM may not be an appropriate time depending on how far discussions had progressed with the relevent association. Therefore a general meeting would be called to bring the membership together.

Why wouldn't the rest last 5 years when their is a Nth B and I presume a West B in which to gather themselves?

I have a fair idea, but I'd like to hear other peoples' opinions on what do they think are the main selling points of the VTCA?
Does anyone know if the VTCA scouts these clubs or do the clubs go after the VTCA?
One thing is for certain... The increase in clubs is surely going to mean a greater competition.

The VTCA is not a pariah and does not approach clubs. They're always receptive to enquiries however.

The popularity of the VTCA is it's reputation, which has steadily been evolving these past few decades. It has a huge pool from which to draw quality personnel that form the executive. The executive backs it's umpires and the Tribunal doesn't stand any nonsence and can be harsh when it needs to. The executive is not afraid to deal severely with recalcitrant clubs which step over the line.

I seem to remember an A Grade team won it's semi final then went over and watched the other semi final. All their players dropped their dacks and "Brown eyed" the competing teams and threw in some choice comments. To cut a long story short, they suffered a loss of enough points at the tribunal so that they finished 5th and as a consequence missed the GRANNY.

The VTCA is not a pariah and does not approach clubs. They're always receptive to enquiries however.

The popularity of the VTCA is it's reputation, which has steadily been evolving these past few decades. It has a huge pool from which to draw quality personnel that form the executive. The executive backs it's umpires and the Tribunal doesn't stand any nonsence and can be harsh when it needs to. The executive is not afraid to deal severely with recalcitrant clubs which step over the line.

I seem to remember an A Grade team won it's semi final then went over and watched the other semi final. All their players dropped their dacks and "Brown eyed" the competing teams and threw in some choice comments. To cut a long story short, they suffered a loss of enough points at the tribunal so that they finished 5th and as a consequence missed the GRANNY.

assume you refering to doutta stars? From memory it was round 11, their game finished early, they went to watch keilor play who at that stage had a rampant d brown charging in. words were yelled from the boundary.

Doutta's 1stXI were suspended for their next two games, which included the semi. Keilor ended up being their opponents in the semi, thus were given a free ticket to the granny, which they won.

The AGM may not be an appropriate time depending on how far discussions had progressed with the relevent association. Therefore a general meeting would be called to bring the membership together.

Why wouldn't the rest last 5 years when their is a Nth B and I presume a West B in which to gather themselves?

The clubs that wouldnt survive are the ones that have no juniors & after a few years of the relegation system having its way, they wont be playing in a true west group.
Personally i like the relegation system.......;-)

assume you refering to doutta stars? From memory it was round 11, their game finished early, they went to watch keilor play who at that stage had a rampant d brown charging in. words were yelled from the boundary.

Doutta's 1stXI were suspended for their next two games, which included the semi. Keilor ended up being their opponents in the semi, thus were given a free ticket to the granny, which they won.

That's poor form by the players.

I heard a similar story come out of the Spotswood v Williamstown CYMS Senior Division game last season. The 2nds got washed out so they turned up to the 1sts game. The Spotswood 2nds and supporters although they did not brown eye anyone they yelled insults all day at the Williamstown CYMS players and played extremely loud doof doof out of one of their cars to interfere with the game. No reports, but if its true that's really not cricket is it!?! It says Neil Greelish and Russell Pollock were the umpires for that game.
There should be more education on player decency because it obviously is not getting through to some who spoil it for the vast majority.

The clubs that wouldnt survive are the ones that have no juniors & after a few years of the relegation system having its way, they wont be playing in a true west group.
Personally i like the relegation system.......;-)
I too like the relegation system. Obviously from your comments you're more in touch with the vagaries of the Willy comp than me. When you're bottom feeders like most of us, not having any juniors is a recipe for oblivion.I could name at least ten clubs whom let their juniors go and as a consequence no longer exist.

I heard a similar story come out of the Spotswood v Williamstown CYMS Senior Division game last season. The 2nds got washed out so they turned up to the 1sts game. The Spotswood 2nds and supporters although they did not brown eye anyone they yelled insults all day at the Williamstown CYMS players and played extremely loud doof doof out of one of their cars to interfere with the game. No reports, but if its true that's really not cricket is it!?! It says Neil Greelish and Russell Pollock were the umpires for that game.
There should be more education on player decency because it obviously is not getting through to some who spoil it for the vast majority.
I wonder how the Wiily Cyms boys would go playing in the Port of Spain West Indies? Thank Christ cricket is not like tennis where you can hear a huge fart from three rows back just as he puts a big ace in. "QUIET PLEASE." What do you think Red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo, violet?

Bigfish, a couple of things. 1- I was there on that day and apart from the std support you would expect from your fellow club members, nothing over the top was said or done. 2- Yes music was played, and to some it was loud. But to say it interfered with the game is nonsense. As you know there are 2 sides that play and it didn't seem to bother them. 3- Don't go getting all precious saying "no reports, but if it is true that's not really cricket". As Dingo said, it's not tennis or golf ffs. 4- What is your point of naming the umpires on the day? Surely if they felt what was happening was not good they would have approached the captains and had a say? 5- I actually had a chat to a couple of the CY's lads after the game and they said nothing about it.
To be honest, I was pretty p_ssed off that our 2nds game on the day could not get a start as the CY's wicket was nowhere near ready. But at no stage was there over the top banter from any of us laid out on the day. As for education, I will give you some for free...... don't take as fact everything you hear....

Bigfish, a couple of things. 1- I was there on that day and apart from the std support you would expect from your fellow club members, nothing over the top was said or done. 2- Yes music was played, and to some it was loud. But to say it interfered with the game is nonsense. As you know there are 2 sides that play and it didn't seem to bother them. 3- Don't go getting all precious saying "no reports, but if it is true that's not really cricket". As Dingo said, it's not tennis or golf ffs. 4- What is your point of naming the umpires on the day? Surely if they felt what was happening was not good they would have approached the captains and had a say? 5- I actually had a chat to a couple of the CY's lads after the game and they said nothing about it.
To be honest, I was pretty p_ssed off that our 2nds game on the day could not get a start as the CY's wicket was nowhere near ready. But at no stage was there over the top banter from any of us laid out on the day. As for education, I will give you some for free...... don't take as fact everything you hear....
Yep I agree. I don't know Neil Greelish but Russell Pollock has been around for years and President of a club for many years and knows the difference shit from clay. If their was a concern he would have spoken to the club captains and if nescessary the Host Club ground manager whom in turn would have requested a cessation of the nonsence or security would be called. Failing that the Police. Why is it so? Simple, the host club has hired the ground from Council for the event and as such has the power to remove recalcitrants.

Back