North A And B

assume you refering to doutta stars? From memory it was round 11, their game finished early, they went to watch keilor play who at that stage had a rampant d brown charging in. words were yelled from the boundary.

Doutta's 1stXI were suspended for their next two games, which included the semi. Keilor ended up being their opponents in the semi, thus were given a free ticket to the granny, which they won.
Your summation may well be right. Just goes to show the v.t.c.a. exec is not backward in coming forward when tough decisions need to be made. The introduction of the yellow card and red card system whilst not entirely original has cleaned out a few idiots from the comp and has done much for the confidence of umpires. More and more umpires are signing up. The removal of the captain for the next one or more games has had the desired effect by quietening a few teams down.

I wonder how the Wiily Cyms boys would go playing in the Port of Spain West Indies? Thank Christ cricket is not like tennis where you can hear a huge fart from three rows back just as he puts a big ace in. "QUIET PLEASE." What do you think Red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo, violet?
:) you're a star old timer!
am still around, ocassionally do come here and see what's going on.
like most look forward to how the new structure develops with all these new clubs coming on board.

I wonder how the Wiily Cyms boys would go playing in the Port of Spain West Indies? Thank Christ cricket is not like tennis where you can hear a huge fart from three rows back just as he puts a big ace in. "QUIET PLEASE." What do you think Red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo, violet?

I think the point you've missed regarding the noise is that it was among other things intended to interfere with the umpires ability to hear nicks when the away team was fielding (I have heard this directly from a home team source)!!! What happened to only the 22 players trying to influence the result!?! Although it was intended to interfere with the hearing of edges I have been informed that CYMS did not believe themselves hard done by with any decision.

I draw your attention to the Code of Behaviour...

1. No player, umpire, club official, club member or club representative shall at any time, engage in conduct unbecoming to the game of cricket, or act in any way that is detrimental to the game of cricket. '

More effective ways of ensuring you change the result would be spiking the away team's drinks, throwing projectiles at the away team, denying access to their changerooms, using a red sight screen for their innings or even rubbing sunscreen into the ball. My point is, once 'sharp practices' are tolerated where do we draw the line?

Yep I agree. I don't know Neil Greelish but Russell Pollock has been around for years and President of a club for many years and knows the difference shit from clay. If their was a concern he would have spoken to the club captains and if nescessary the Host Club ground manager whom in turn would have requested a cessation of the nonsence or security would be called. Failing that the Police. Why is it so? Simple, the host club has hired the ground from Council for the event and as such has the power to remove recalcitrants.

Hypothetically, what if the 'recalcitrants' were members of a club and the club thought it would be too much hassle and widely unpopular to discipline so many? All respect to Russell, but he has to be 60 years old. I'm sure he could hear the doof doof, but I don't know how he would hear comments made to players while they're entering or exiting the arena or comments made to players fielding near the boundary. Also, it must be intimidating for any 60 year old to be put in a position where he needs to confront a large section of a club community to ask for better behaviour. After all, it is only just over $100 a week. Its not worth getting abused or assaulted over. Too big a risk for most.

Geez Big Fish, how did you get to be a big Murray Cod? Are you of stout heart old son? Umpires that are awarded these matches are very capable of handling tough situations should they arise. Spotswood has been around for a long time and it's members are proud of their record in the v.t.c.a. They are a shining light of the association.

I accept that poor sportmanship should be discouraged. Fieldsmen should be tuned in sufficiently so as not to be effected by comments from the crowd. As far as missiles are concerned, that is ordinary. Spotswood should be thoroughly ashamed of themselves for such unruly behavior.

Unfortunately some clubs have aquired members (knuckle draggers) that have just swung down from out of the tree tops.

Geez Big Fish, how did you get to be a big Murray Cod? Are you of stout heart old son? Umpires that are awarded these matches are very capable of handling tough situations should they arise. Spotswood has been around for a long time and it's members are proud of their record in the v.t.c.a. They are a shining light of the association.

I accept that poor sportmanship should be discouraged. Fieldsmen should be tuned in sufficiently so as not to be effected by comments from the crowd. As far as missiles are concerned, that is ordinary. Spotswood should be thoroughly ashamed of themselves for such unruly behavior.

Unfortunately some clubs have aquired members (knuckle draggers) that have just swung down from out of the tree tops.

We are playing cricket boys. If all they are doing is playing music and sledging from the sidelines who cares. Think about what the top level players have to put up with. Personally I been at/played in games when there has been some drunk boys on the side giving us heaps and I loved it. To me the music adds a bit of atmosphere. Most of the umpires in my division dont hear the nick anyway so they wait to see movement lol

Let

Lets get 1 thing straight here, at no time did anyone throw "projectiles/missiles". Please...........

Not sure if its been posted yet but Doutta have picked up Aaron Mato from Essendon. Should go very well in that section.

Its sad to see someone with so much talent not make it any further. This post belongs more in the 'Anyone Know Of Any Moves Or Signings For The 2011/12 Season???' thread.

Let

Lets get 1 thing straight here, at no time did anyone throw "projectiles/missiles". Please...........

Last week I spotted the reports about the Spotty CY's game and had a little chuckle, but did not think it worthy of a reply. But it's starting to get out of hand....

I was there for a short time and actually had a chat to a few of the Spotty 2nds having their party, including TOBB. (I didn't stay long as I didn't much like being blamed for personally organising the local storms that flooded the Fearon and stopped the 2nds getting on.)

Yes it was loud, no I don't like the music a few of their guys do, but it was hardly "unsporting". They enjoy themselves their own way and good on them for that. Naturally they were also pretty happy that the Spotty 1's were giving our guys a hiding and that it was a short walk to the bar. Not worth the beat up it is getting here.

Gday
Last week I spotted the reports about the Spotty CY's game and had a little chuckle, but did not think it worthy of a reply. But it's starting to get out of hand....

I was there for a short time and actually had a chat to a few of the Spotty 2nds having their party, including TOBB. (I didn't stay long as I didn't much like being blamed for personally organising the local storms that flooded the Fearon and stopped the 2nds getting on.)

Yes it was loud, no I don't like the music a few of their guys do, but it was hardly "unsporting". They enjoy themselves their own way and good on them for that. Naturally they were also pretty happy that the Spotty 1's were giving our guys a hiding and that it was a short walk to the bar. Not worth the beat up it is getting here.
Jacko,

Great to see you are still around. I apologize if (on the day) I came across as blaming you for the storms. Not the intention of our chat at all.

ps I spanked Rhino by 10 shots last fri at Sanct Lakes....

If that is the case Guru , with which comp would the 2 clubs affiliate. Church comp?
I think boys the make up of the north divisions will be, North Division, North A, North & West B this year. As mentioned earlier 29 sides will make up the North A & North & West B, with 3 sides not being there it left the VTCA will little option.

I think boys the make up of the north divisions will be, North Division, North A, North & West B this year. As mentioned earlier 29 sides will make up the North A & North & West B, with 3 sides not being there it left the VTCA will little option.
Yep thats my mail also. Nth "B" and West "B" will be regarded as equivalent comps and the clubs that play in those comps will be entered on a geographical basis. Not too much travel. So it will be 4 down from Nth "A". Two to Nth"B" and two to West"B"
Four up to Nth"A", 2 finalists from each of Nth"B" and West"B". On surface looks like it can work. Time will tell.

Yep thats my mail also. Nth "B" and West "B" will be regarded as equivalent comps and the clubs that play in those comps will be entered on a geographical basis. Not too much travel. So it will be 4 down from Nth "A". Two to Nth"B" and two to West"B"
Four up to Nth"A", 2 finalists from each of Nth"B" and West"B". On surface looks like it can work. Time will tell.

The mail is pretty good at Avondale!! That's what I've heard on the grapvine. I would think that North A will be made of the the remaining North A sides excluding FU and Albion who look as though they have folded and add Flemington & Laverton which will bring the sides in that division to 10.

The mail is pretty good at Avondale!! That's what I've heard on the grapvine. I would think that North A will be made of the the remaining North A sides excluding FU and Albion who look as though they have folded and add Flemington & Laverton which will bring the sides in that division to 10.
It appears " Nth Div" will number 12, Nth"A" 10, Nth"B" 10 and West"B" 9.

Albion appears to have folded or are playing hard wicket elsewhere. Tragic that they are gone. That club had a long and proud history. In their heyday they were unbeatable. Certainly hope they can come back.
Another turf table may be lost to cricket.

Back