North A And B

Interesting in the West B games Altona Roosters captains A and B grade both won the toss and invited Avo to bat. Hmmmmmmmm very interesting.

Interesting! why's that?

Sorry haven't followed AH since their drop to B but have heard they have struggled to put up a score last couple of
years. Last 2 rnds much more competitive with the bat though.

Chasing 168 after putting the opposition in, reasonable call by Roach i would've thought. wouldn't u agree?

Aber Park Vs MValley on paper Valley look to be in the driving seat but wouldn't be surprised if Aber quicks
knock 'em over for a win.

St Albans + Laverton standouts in NTH A, will swallow be available for finals or is he flying back home.
Tulla import going home in my humble opinion cost 'em a flag last year.

Interesting! why's that?

Sorry haven't followed AH since their drop to B but have heard they have struggled to put up a score last couple of

Chasing 168 after putting the opposition in, reasonable call by Roach i would've thought. wouldn't u agree?

Aber Park Vs MValley on paper Valley look to be in the driving seat but wouldn't be surprised if Aber quicks

St Albans + Laverton standouts in NTH A, will swallow be available for finals or is he flying back home.
I'll respond to your first question after the week-end.

Re Tulla last year. Zarodni (the Z man) Taking the saturday off in the granny cost them the flag. In my humble opinion.
Nth A flag. Laverton favourites would you say?
Old man Emu chunk Albers. Do you think he will have recovered sufficiently to bowl or will he be still a bit wobbly at the knees?

Very true. Sick of 16yo's lolly popping a few down. Head goes back, swipe, top edge/bowled, out!

Don't know.. old age? bad eyes? Caribbean Voodoo curse? Few kangaroos loose in the top paddock?
HA HA HA HA. Had a good old laugh. Few Kangaroos loose in the top paddock. I see you're borrowing from my repartee and adding a few of your own. A little birdie named Nikos told me he's taken to wearing glasses now. I suggested that to him 3 years ago. Anyway it's good to see he's still interested in playing on which is good for cricket.

Very true. Sick of 16yo's lolly popping a few down. Head goes back, swipe, top edge/bowled, out!

Don't know.. old age? bad eyes? Caribbean Voodoo curse? Few kangaroos loose in the top paddock?
HA HA HA HA. Had a good old laugh. Few Kangaroos loose in the top paddock. I see you're borrowing from my repartee and adding a few of your own. A little birdie named Nikos told me he's taken to wearing glasses now. I suggested that to him 3 years ago. Anyway it's good to see he's still interested in playing on which is good for cricket.

I'll respond to your first question after the week-end.

Re Tulla last year. Zarodni (the Z man) Taking the saturday off in the granny cost them the flag. In my humble opinion.
Nth A flag. Laverton favourites would you say?
Old man Emu chunk Albers. Do you think he will have recovered sufficiently to bowl or will he be still a bit wobbly at the knees?

ST Albans for mine should take it this year. Know they have blown it last couple of years but its time for them to stand up in finals.
Bowlers win u games and batters save them, time the st albans bowlers Cluts, Dunn & co to do the business in
the big games, batting seems to more solid than in recent years. Lavo may have the edge in batting but St Albans
bowlers should back 'em selves to roll 'em.

Have seen chunck bowl over sides on one leg, so two wobbly should be no probs but we'll have to wait n see.

Pizaro has been so.so for St Albans this year with 6 wickets only since moving from Greenvale for big $$

Not surprised by that.

Played against Pizaro when they were last in NTH A and although he had good numbers that year, felt his bowling was on the decline.
Dont' know why ST Albans would spend big on him, but if his leadership helps them get the bikkies this year then i guess money was worth it.

for the cash this club seems to have they haven't always invested it wisely in recent years.

Interesting! why's that?

It never ceases to amaze me why captains after Xmas on a beautiful day for batting, win the toss and invite the opposition to have first use of the wicket. As was the case with Altona Roosters V Avondale Heights "A" and "B" grades. Especially as Both Avondale "A" and "B" grades had won their past two matches. As both the roosters teams are in the top 4 what on earth were they thinking. It seems to me both Roosters captains got ahead of themselves and were thinking of outright points instead of securing 6 points first. Needless to say Avo "A" and "B" grades are happy to make it three in a row. Avo "A" grade won by 12 runs and "B" grade won by 22 runs.

Roosters "A" Grade captain Roach, whats he been smoking? On the first day after winning the toss and sending Avo in, after 24 overs the Roosters had Avo 3 for 68. Roach immediately took the slip out and went defensive by setting a ring field and allowing the Avo bats to score one's and two' as they liked. He needs to hand back the money now. LOL.

is there any Aberfeldie players on here ? I heard yesterday that one of your blokes was on a hat-trick Saturday late in the game and the Jacana Captain walked out without any gear apart from a bat

this couldnt be true could it ?

anyone able to enlighten us on this

is there any Aberfeldie players on here ? I heard yesterday that one of your blokes was on a hat-trick Saturday late in the game and the Jacana Captain walked out without any gear apart from a bat

this couldnt be true could it ?

anyone able to enlighten us on this

Im not sure about the hat trick but I know they lost lost 3 quick wickets and didn't think he would b ready in time so just grabbed his bat and walked out or so i was told back at the club.

It never ceases to amaze me why captains after Xmas on a beautiful day for batting, win the toss and invite the opposition to have first use of the wicket. As was the case with Altona Roosters V Avondale Heights "A" and "B" grades. Especially as Both Avondale "A" and "B" grades had won their past two matches. As both the roosters teams are in the top 4 what on earth were they thinking. It seems to me both Roosters captains got ahead of themselves and were thinking of outright points instead of securing 6 points first. Needless to say Avo "A" and "B" grades are happy to make it three in a row. Avo "A" grade won by 12 runs and "B" grade won by 22 runs.

Roosters "A" Grade captain Roach, whats he been smoking? On the first day after winning the toss and sending Avo in, after 24 overs the Roosters had Avo 3 for 68. Roach immediately took the slip out and went defensive by setting a ring field and allowing the Avo bats to score one's and two' as they liked. He needs to hand back the money now. LOL.

All’s Well That Ends Well I suppose.
Congrats Dingo both 1s & 2s have climbed from bottom to be within a whisker of the top 4.
1s with narrow wins against the top 2 sides, on the ladder at least. Big game against Kingi this rnd, dunno this bloke Senad Levic but he’s on fire this year, big wicket for your mob. Gotta win all 3 to make the 4, kingi and Seddon two big games.Win those and what a fairytale revival this season. Good luck!
If Kingsville wins this then they would be hard to push outta the 4.

Moonee Valley where has this form been, Aber Park good bowling attack but since jump up to NTH A batters have let them down. East Kelor big movers albeit win was against struggling Wcentrals and EK bowling still a worry.

St Albans impressive.

Hi Pump yeah I had heard he was the one bowling
whats happening down at your club at the moment
seems to be a lot of new names this year and some recruiting done and youve won 1 game
Keiran Gray from D Stars hasnt made many runs it looks as though yoru Import made a 100 a while back but not much else
in danger of being relegated after the weekend loss

Having read a lot of this and about a few struggling clubs in north A next year,would seem to me to have the promise of a very even competition. If haig and pascoe vale end up coming up a grade they are 2 genuine teams that can make the 4 first year up. Not sure if many of you boys take much note of north B but haig would have one of the quickest bowlers in the whole of the VTCA. Pushing past 135 clicks would be the rough estimate. 9/40 and double hat trick in one game!

I have heard bout M Valley quickie!!!! Would give most of the bowlers look pedestrian, spoke to aberfeldie park boys and they said that he was the quickest they have faced, took 5 fa and a broken HELMET!!!!!!!!!!

Interesting results on weekend!!!!!!!!!!
It seems it has opened the ladder to a certain extent, any ideas, coming weekend games are very interesting

Any picks and final four predictions

St albans vs Laverton ( would finish top two irrelevant to result)

M valley vs Taylor Lakes ( match of the round I think WINNER would go long way playing finals)

Weribee vs Jacana

Aberfeldie vs Aber Park (a aberfeldie park win would certainly push Aberfeldie towards relegation)

East Keilor vs Flemington

Any thoughts!!!!????????
Your final four

Hi Pump yeah I had heard he was the one bowling
whats happening down at your club at the moment
seems to be a lot of new names this year and some recruiting done and youve won 1 game
Keiran Gray from D Stars hasnt made many runs it looks as though yoru Import made a 100 a while back but not much else
in danger of being relegated after the weekend loss

Yeah he hasn't made as much as he and we would've liked but been a bit unlucky with being run out a couple of times. The rain has not helped as well. We were in a good position against MV and washed out against Flem but against a couple of other sides the boys just haven't stood up when required but everyone is working hard and just need a couple of the boys to get going with the bat and we will b right. The import got 100 against St Albans and batted very well by all reports and is a ripper bloke to boot so he has been great for the club

Interesting results on weekend!!!!!!!!!!
It seems it has opened the ladder to a certain extent, any ideas, coming weekend games are very interesting

Any picks and final four predictions

St albans vs Laverton ( would finish top two irrelevant to result)

M valley vs Taylor Lakes ( match of the round I think WINNER would go long way playing finals)

Weribee vs Jacana

Aberfeldie vs Aber Park (a aberfeldie park win would certainly push Aberfeldie towards relegation)

East Keilor vs Flemington

Any thoughts!!!!????????
Your final four

my tips for this week would be
laverton (swallow to make a big score)
taylors lakes
werribee centrals (with edrich back id assume)
aberfeldie
east keilor

final four going by these results
laverton
st albans
taylors lakes
then you could raffle 4th spot between aberfeldie aberfeldie park east keilor

St Albans v Laverton
St Albans needs this, because if they lose then given their recent failures in finals, seeds of self doubt will be planted in their heads before IF/WHEN they cross paths in the finals. Lavo win may give them a great psychological edge.
Taylors Lakes v Moonee Valley
Pridham and Import will rip through TLakes.
Only doubt for mine, can weak MValley batting can muster enough runs to win.
i am guessing they can.
Werribee Centrals v Jacana
Jacana has one star bat + other blokes capable of sticking around with him.
Get the star out cheap then others can fold before you can blink.
Even if edrich plays Jacana shouldn’t drop points here.
Aberfeldie v Aberfeldie Park
Albers is Aberfeldie Park and Albers is old but still good.
McGowan + other quickie good seam attack but batters are NTH B at best.
Cullia tries to put up a fight and Albers is the great chunky hope, who has made too many
single digit scores last coupla years.
East Keilor v Flemington
If fair dinkum about making the 4, then EK have to roll Flem.

Back