North A And B

big results in North A 7 sides can now finish 3rd or 4th

Edrich on fire getting 99 after a 190 a week earlir he has just about caughht Swallow for runs

Obrien has the mpst wickrts with Shannahan and Clutton behind him is it a sign of the wickts being prepared that 2 spinners are leading the high wicket takers
ok 2 games to go in north a1 and the top two sides are well clear , are they the teams playing off in the big dance ? or is it just me but a few teams seem to be coming good at the right time just below them. e/k , m/v and abbers ...
do you guys think any of them could win a away semi ? with e/k if brodie makes runs they must be a fair chance of winning

ok 2 games to go in north a1 and the top two sides are well clear , are they the teams playing off in the big dance ? or is it just me but a few teams seem to be coming good at the right time just below them. e/k , m/v and abbers ...
do you guys think any of them could win a away semi ? with e/k if brodie makes runs they must be a fair chance of winning
I like MValley - batting not sure but their bowlers can win them the away semi, they've to make the four first though.
EK - brodie and couple of other batters OK but bowlers a bit of concern so at this stage probably not as confident about their
chances. But if a team is lucky enough to make the 2 day semi then should give 'emselves every chance to knock off the top 2 teams.

I like MValley - batting not sure but their bowlers can win them the away semi, they've to make the four first though.
EK - brodie and couple of other batters OK but bowlers a bit of concern so at this stage probably not as confident about their
chances. But if a team is lucky enough to make the 2 day semi then should give 'emselves every chance to knock off the top 2 teams.

looking over the games to play I think the teams left in the mix expect 1st and 2nd who are set

E Keilor

play Jacana at Jacana and then Aberfeldie Park at home
  1. should win the last game but I would go Jacana at Jacana
  2. A Park may be looking at relegation so the last game may be one they get up for to save themselves
  3. EK could possibly lose the next 2 games

Taylors Lakes

play Laverton at Laverton and then Jacana at home
  1. couldnt see them winning against Laverton
  2. last game against Jacana will be huge with Jacana beating E Keilor a week earlier opening their door to the finals with a win needed in this game
  3. most likely to either lose both games or win only 1 game
Moonee Valley

play W Centrals at home and then Aberfeldie at Abbers

1. could win outright against WC which would go close to assuring a final before the last round
  2. dont think they are assured a win against Abbers at home who seem to play there ground very well, think the last round match between MV and Abbers will be a ripper
  3. they will won 1 game outright and then lose the other I think they will finish 4th or 5th
Aberfeldie Park

play St Albans at St Albans and EK at EK

1. after losing outright against 2 ok bowling line-ups you would think against the best one in the comp that they will do so again agaisnt St Alb
  2. last game against EK is where they could salvage enough points to avoid relegation so that game will certainly have some major relevance on the ladder
  3. think they will win the last game to avoid relegation and in effect wrecking EK's chances
Aberfeldie

play Flemington at Flem and MV at Abbers

1. will beat Flemington and this could be another outright chance for them in the last 2 games they have taken 40 wickets looking at the results so there bowling line up is going well
  2. MV against Abbers is the match that shapes who plays in the finals, I'll go Abbers at home
  3. based on these 2 games Abers could finish as high as 3rd if they win both
Jacana

play EK at hime and Taylors Lakes at TL

1. as stated I think Jacana beat EK at home this round both teams have got good bats so will be a great game
  2. another huge last roundgame v TL which if Jac win the EK game they could win and make the finals as well
  3. I think they will win the last 2 games and it will then be up to wether MV or Abbers win outright against the 2 low level clubs they are playing this round and Jac can them catch them points wise even with 2 wins

looking over the games to play I think the teams left in the mix expect 1st and 2nd who are set

E Keilor

play Jacana at Jacana and then Aberfeldie Park at home
  1. should win the last game but I would go Jacana at Jacana
  2. A Park may be looking at relegation so the last game may be one they get up for to save themselves
  3. EK could possibly lose the next 2 games

Taylors Lakes

play Laverton at Laverton and then Jacana at home
  1. couldnt see them winning against Laverton
  2. last game against Jacana will be huge with Jacana beating E Keilor a week earlier opening their door to the finals with a win needed in this game
  3. most likely to either lose both games or win only 1 game
Moonee Valley

play W Centrals at home and then Aberfeldie at Abbers

1. could win outright against WC which would go close to assuring a final before the last round
  2. dont think they are assured a win against Abbers at home who seem to play there ground very well, think the last round match between MV and Abbers will be a ripper
  3. they will won 1 game outright and then lose the other I think they will finish 4th or 5th
Aberfeldie Park

play St Albans at St Albans and EK at EK

1. after losing outright against 2 ok bowling line-ups you would think against the best one in the comp that they will do so again agaisnt St Alb
  2. last game against EK is where they could salvage enough points to avoid relegation so that game will certainly have some major relevance on the ladder
  3. think they will win the last game to avoid relegation and in effect wrecking EK's chances
Aberfeldie

play Flemington at Flem and MV at Abbers

1. will beat Flemington and this could be another outright chance for them in the last 2 games they have taken 40 wickets looking at the results so there bowling line up is going well
  2. MV against Abbers is the match that shapes who plays in the finals, I'll go Abbers at home
  3. based on these 2 games Abers could finish as high as 3rd if they win both
Jacana

play EK at hime and Taylors Lakes at TL

1. as stated I think Jacana beat EK at home this round both teams have got good bats so will be a great game
  2. another huge last roundgame v TL which if Jac win the EK game they could win and make the finals as well
  3. I think they will win the last 2 games and it will then be up to wether MV or Abbers win outright against the 2 low level clubs they are playing this round and Jac can them catch them points wise even with 2 wins

u gone through all the permutations there. As always VTCA points system will give us a good final 2 rnd finish to the season,
with a number of clubs very hopeful of playing finals.

looks like u think Abers & Jacana may sneak into the 4.

Alot of make or break games coming up for a number of clubs.

My guess for 3rd & 4th possie MValley and winner of EK/Jacana this rnd.

i dont know about giving up seems a bit more sinister than that to me. they were 2 for 102 in the second inning to be 7 for 104 with 3 batsmen absent....

WEST B1 Tip for final 4.

Very open grade anyone who makes the 4 is a genuine chance to go all the way, no out n out
favourites for mine.

Altona Roosters
Kingsville
Barkly Street
Seddon/Avondale Heights in last rnd to take the 4th spot.
With AH losing outright with 3 absentees last week against Kingy Seddon have to
be the favs.

Sorry St Andrews coming off a good outright but think they'll miss out.

u gone through all the permutations there. As always VTCA points system will give us a good final 2 rnd finish to the season,
with a number of clubs very hopeful of playing finals.

looks like u think Abers & Jacana may sneak into the 4.

Alot of make or break games coming up for a number of clubs.

My guess for 3rd & 4th possie MValley and winner of EK/Jacana this rnd.
Sorry guys have to disagree!!
Abers Park couldn't beat anyone at the moment so they will lose both.
I reckon East keilor will beat Jacana like they did early in the season.
Agree with moonee Valley killing Centrals.
Taylors Lakes might surprise against laverton. Jonesy might make a big one!!

Sorry guys have to disagree!!
Abers Park couldn't beat anyone at the moment so they will lose both.
I reckon East keilor will beat Jacana like they did early in the season.
Agree with moonee Valley killing Centrals.
Taylors Lakes might surprise against laverton. Jonesy might make a big one!!
With wet weather forecasted for this wkend and then last round to be washed out completely, makes this round very important for teams placed from3 to 7. If there is any play in last round at best!!!!

My tip for semi based on this round results would be:
Laverton
St Albans
MV
JACANA

Jacana would would beat ek and go ahead FAR MUCH DEPTH IN THEIR BATTING WITH THREE LANKANS

i dont know about giving up seems a bit more sinister than that to me. they were 2 for 102 in the second inning to be 7 for 104 with 3 batsmen absent....
Very generous club Kingy Baps. Of the three absents, one sprained his ankle in his rush to pick up a new Taxi offered by Kingy Baps. The second tripped over his dick in the warm up and catscans revealed a broken ankle. The third was playing poker at Crown Cassino. Took home the female indian dealer. Woke the next morning, scratched the red dot off her foreheadand won a one-way ticket to Delhi,

Kingy Avo result very strange for sure.
Losing first innings is fair enough but having 3 blokes absent and gifting Kingy an outright.. what the?
Read on this forum that Avo were coming off 3 wins 5th on the ladder and Kingy 4th, with finals birth on line this result is a disaster, also heard that the previous week against Altona AH were one short in the 2nd week of that game, can anyone confirm that.
From an outsider looking in, shame to see a club once very competitive in NTH A now content with making up the
numbers in the lowest grade in VTCA, looks like they deliberately don't wanna make the 4, somehting very wrong at that joint.
Three clubs losing outright this late in the season (round nine) apart from raising alot of questions, it's not real flash for the competition. So I can understand the raised eyebrows. No doubt it's embarrasing to say the least for the clubs on the receiving end.

In our defence if I can call it that, we had a few mishaps all at once. First off S. Gill was urgently called back to India after the first Saturday. M. Singh rolled his ankle when on a run friday night before secong saturday. P.Dowling broke his ankle during warm-up on second saturday ( confirmed by catscan) and wait there's one more. L. Dowling also rolled his ankle but was able to take the field by standing in slips.

By now it would be fairly well known that Avo is struggling with the bat. Losing three bats through absenteeism is a handicap that is hard to come back from.

WEST B1 Tip for final 4.

Very open grade anyone who makes the 4 is a genuine chance to go all the way, no out n out
favourites for mine.

Altona Roosters
Kingsville
Barkly Street
Seddon/Avondale Heights in last rnd to take the 4th spot.
With AH losing outright with 3 absentees last week against Kingy Seddon have to
be the favs.

Sorry St Andrews coming off a good outright but think they'll miss out.
everyones entitled to their opinion roy. ;)

barkly street play kingsville this week so that makes the winner of us and seddon looking good to make the 4
also interesting we play kingy the week after so makes for a very interesting finish in the west b1.

and as for avondale heights making the finals thats a horrible call. the worst side i have played against in this competition would be extremely surprised to see them scrape in.

haven't seen kingy this year but played them twice last year and from all accounts its pretty much the same personal. there batting lacks depth at best and a side full of medium pacers.

our big test is this week. and if our batting continues like it has i think we'll be right.

watch this space ;)

With wet weather forecasted for this wkend and then last round to be washed out completely, makes this round very important for teams placed from3 to 7. If there is any play in last round at best!!!!

My tip for semi based on this round results would be:
Laverton
St Albans
MV
JACANA

Jacana would would beat ek and go ahead FAR MUCH DEPTH IN THEIR BATTING WITH THREE LANKANS
Yeah they might have the 3 Lankans but their bowling depth isn't good enough!! I still think Taylor's Lakes have something to offer and definately Moonee Valley if they can get the outright!!

Yeah they might have the 3 Lankans but their bowling depth isn't good enough!! I still think Taylor's Lakes have something to offer and definately Moonee Valley if they can get the outright!!

Jacana wont get past Aberfeldie (not Aberfeldie Park) should Aberfelide beat Flemington and then Moonee Valley MV might win outright this game but if they lost the last game they could still miss out this is why I thought Aberfeldie would go close to being in the 4 come the semi's

Jacana wont get past Aberfeldie (not Aberfeldie Park) should Aberfelide beat Flemington and then Moonee Valley MV might win outright this game but if they lost the last game they could still miss out this is why I thought Aberfeldie would go close to being in the 4 come the semi's
comes down to who can win both games really... m/v should just try to win not worry about out rights.. there record agaist bottom sides is not to flash.
lavo to win the flag.. end of

barkly street play kingsville this week so that makes the winner of us and seddon looking good to make the 4
also interesting we play kingy the week after so makes for a very interesting finish in the west b1.

and as for avondale heights making the finals thats a horrible call. the worst side i have played against in this competition would be extremely surprised to see them scrape in.

haven't seen kingy this year but played them twice last year and from all accounts its pretty much the same personal. there batting lacks depth at best and a side full of medium pacers.

our big test is this week. and if our batting continues like it has i think we'll be right.

watch this space ;)

That's a fair enough.But looking at their results since St Andrews played & absolutely humiliated 'em, they won 3 in a row against sides at the time on top half of the ladder. Last week against Kingy was a shocker for them, but dingo put it in context explaining why 3-4 players were missing.

I just looked at the remainig two fixtures of all the teams in contention to come up with my guesses.
i reckon these 3 sides should be pretty safe Altona Roosters , Kingsville ,Barkly Street,
Seddon would be favs for the 4th spot but if St Andrews win thier last 2 they are in but they have a
harder run home with seddon + Kingy & i reckon they'll drop 1 game atleast.
AH play bottom side seabrook, with 3 wins outta their last 4 games AH should hit back hard from last
rnds embarrassment, need an outright though as 1st innings win will do 'em no good & that leaves the last game against Seddon, Avo win that then they may just sneak in or miss out by 1/2 points. Having said all that, agree with you AH in 4 sounds like a ridiculous call. As expected if Seddon wins then they are safely in.

NTH A looks to be a much more intriguing finish than west B, agree with Dingo 3 outright results in west B doesn't say much about the standard of cricket being played there, speaking with ppl more familiar with B1 than urs truly any promoted teams unlike previous years would've to recruit well to be competitive in NTH A.

watch this space ;)

How good is west b1 going when the bloke from st. andrews comes on talking about the worst teams he's played? To see they've won a game let alone one outright speaks volumes on how shit the comp must be. Maybe next year the vtca can recruit some visiually impaired cricket teams aswell. I wonder what comp they'd stick them in... (IMO)

comes down to who can win both games really... m/v should just try to win not worry about out rights.. there record agaist bottom sides is not to flash.
lavo to win the flag.. end of
Shhhhhhhh I think ur smoking something mate, come out in real world!!!! Laverton has got out of jail in couple of games and their batting is heavily relied on two guys ( swallow n Logan ) and in semi no matter who they play against there would be pressure on those boys and failure means LAVERTON SEE U LATER!!!!
Laverton to lose semi my tip no matter who they play.

Both teams ( MVand aberfeldie) got two to three good spin playing players from sub-continent and I don't think laverton spinner would trouble them much. O'brien should hope that they don't play these two teams otherwise will go for plenty!!!!!!!!!!!!! he would be leaking runs.... Till the cows come home....... Good luck laverton!!!!!!

Shhhhhhhh I think ur smoking something mate come out in the real world!!!! Laverton have got out of jail in couple of games and their batting is heavily relied on two guys ( swallow n Logan ) and in semi no matter who they play against there would be pressure on those boys and failure means LAVERTON SEE U LATER!!!!
Laverton to lose semi my tip no matter who they play. Both teams ( MV, Taylor lakes and aberfeldie) got two to three good spin playing players and don't think laverton spinner would trouble them much. O'brien should hope that they don't play these three teams otherwise will go for plenty!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I find it strange that you can be critical of a team who haven't lost a game and of a bowler who has taken the most wickets in the comp!! ( I think he did last year aswell!!)
St Albans are the suspect team with their batting line up.
You also failed to mention East Keilor who seem to be coming good at the right time.

I find it strange that you can be critical of a team who haven't lost a game and of a bowler who has taken the most wickets in the comp!! ( I think he did last year aswell!!)
St Albans are the suspect team with their batting line up.
You also failed to mention East Keilor who seem to be coming good at the right time.

looking back through the games Laverton have played Obrien seems to mop up the bottom order in nearly every team he plays against, he got 8fa against East Keilor a top return but across all other games he doesnt get many top order (top 5/6) bats out with approx 1 per batch of wickets he gets his figures are great when bowling batsman from 7to11

no pot on him but it proabbly says more about the weakness of lower order bats to face legspin more than anything ?

obrian played northb1 last year and was the fourth highest wicket taker

How good is west b1 going when the bloke from st. andrews comes on talking about the worst teams he's played? To see they've won a game let alone one outright speaks volumes on how shit the comp must be. Maybe next year the vtca can recruit some visiually impaired cricket teams aswell. I wonder what comp they'd stick them in... (IMO)
dont know where your from big dog care to enlighten us? i think youll find we have made more runs than any other side in the competition comfortably and have been at half strength all year.

Well it does show that without homework comes stupidity, but thats alrite. Ur from what club mate? If u do look at our team, there are a few changes for the better since last season. Yes, west B1 is an even competition i think, and prolly not the hardest competition but thats where we are. Consistency has killed us over the years but our recruitment is getting better, and we r gaining more depth which is good (some of the games last year we had guys filling in for the 1s).

I think you should get off ur high horse mate and just play cricket because I am sure ur not that far away from us in competitions. Remember we drew against Lavo, who are on top of A1. We werent humiliated by them last year like most and they dont have Wellsy this year.

So again I ask, what club u from?

Back