North A And B

Well it does show that without homework comes stupidity, but thats alrite. Ur from what club mate? If u do look at our team, there are a few changes for the better since last season. Yes, west B1 is an even competition i think, and prolly not the hardest competition but thats where we are. Consistency has killed us over the years but our recruitment is getting better, and we r gaining more depth which is good (some of the games last year we had guys filling in for the 1s).

I think you should get off ur high horse mate and just play cricket because I am sure ur not that far away from us in competitions. Remember we drew against Lavo, who are on top of A1. We werent humiliated by them last year like most and they dont have Wellsy this year.

So again I ask, what club u from?

I think St. Andrews were humiliated by Laverton mate. We scored over 270 odd against you guys, you were lucky to get away with a draw because day 2 was washed out!!!

I think St Andrews are a Danger side there batting has been good on the back of Pipsak, Armo and Buttigieg.
I think they are a big show against Seddon and Kingy should be a cracking game.

I think St. Andrews were humiliated by Laverton mate. We scored over 270 odd against you guys, you were lucky to get away with a draw because day 2 was washed out!!!
hardly humiliated 270 on a flat deck with outfield like lightning. we also only had 4 first eleven players playing that game. which clearly showed as hodgart bowled a number of overs which is likely to never happen again lol. anyway im all for the now our batting has been quite strong of late and we have for the first time in the last 2 years got our full side in. happy with we are at whether you guys think so or not.

looking back through the games Laverton have played Obrien seems to mop up the bottom order in nearly every team he plays against, he got 8fa against East Keilor a top return but across all other games he doesnt get many top order (top 5/6) bats out with approx 1 per batch of wickets he gets his figures are great when bowling batsman from 7to11

no pot on him but it proabbly says more about the weakness of lower order bats to face legspin more than anything ?

Well you still have to get them and he just seems to keep getting them!!
Have you heard if swallow is going home before the finals??
That would put a big dent in there flag hopes?

Have you heard the rumour that jonesy punched a moonee valley player last week all be it a love tap but definate punch??

East Keilor starting to look like a threat if they can get over Jacana!!
Who is this Ruberto bloke who has come from nowhere??
And Dhar took 7fa. Could be a big smokey for the flag!!!!
obrian played northb1 last year and was the fourth highest wicket taker

[/quote
there were a few words said about a run out that the feilding side thought was out but given not out. the 2 captains were have words about the square leg umpire and when a mv player went to get in the middle of the 2 to seperate them jones dhit himself and pushed or punched the player. I would be very embarrased to call it a punch. the situation just seemed to fire up mv and they went on to win.

Aberfeldie Park just disgraceful!!
3rd match in a row where they've lost on the 1st day. West B1 is waiting for them!!
Laverton maybe just showing signs of fragility or are they just waiting for the big dance to start? I believe jonesy left the field with a torn calf muscle so maybe 150 might be enough if he is restricted.
Untimely washout for mooney valley. There goes any chance of an outright and maximum points.
Does a one dayer suit jacana or east keilor???

3rd match in a row where they've lost on the 1st day. West B1 is waiting for them!!
Laverton maybe just showing signs of fragility or are they just waiting for the big dance to start? I believe jonesy left the field with a torn calf muscle so maybe 150 might be enough if he is restricted.
Untimely washout for mooney valley. There goes any chance of an outright and maximum points.

Is anyone here surprised by that performance - look at the score they made against the same opposition
last season. Just to think they were in the 4 before the end of round 9. How about 62 from Matty Albers, still got it.
If relegated, it would be interesting to witness the transformation from the blokes who haven't fired a shot with the bat in NTH A strut around like world beaters in West B.

MValley bad luck, how bad will the day 1 washout hurt their finals push?
Jacana v EK big game again shame there was no play on day 1, EK may be better suited in a one dayer with batting being their strength but a hard one to pick for me as posted before winner will make the 4 so good luck lads.

Yeah he might still have it but why is he batting at 6 or 7 every week when his top order is so fragile??
Doesn't make sense!!
Yeah stiff for moonee valley but should get the points easily this week.
Do you think Taylor's lakes will get it done from there against laverton?? Surely 150 odd isn't enough??
East keilor certainties now I think and probably guarentee themselves a finals spot with the win!!

Yeah he might still have it but why is he batting at 6 or 7 every week when his top order is so fragile??
Doesn't make sense!!
Do you think Taylor's lakes will get it done from there against laverton?? Surely 150 odd isn't enough??
East keilor certainties now I think and probably guarentee themselves a finals spot with the win!!

Laverton still 5 overs to bat this Week then well see how taylors go. We should post 170-175, it should be about par. We will need to bowl well on Saturday though!!

He did, done his calf running in to bowl the last ball of his 4th over, stayed on the field until tea then didnt return to the field after that.

Great effort by the other 3 bowlers to keep going all day, they bowled very well, fielding was quite good, but dropped a couple of chances

Doesn't make sense!!

Yes, has been a criticism of chunk for years now ever since he came across to VTCA. a few bowling sides used to get
stuck into him for coming in so late at 6. Understand if he bowled alot of overs the same day but number 4 seems a good
slot to come in for him.

Brne,jones, Vistrani, Gangodawila,withanage, markham what a terrific opportunity, should be very disaappointed if they don't make the runs here. I didn't see this results coming, so good on TLakes, with a coupla clubs on their heels for finals berth, they've to win this one, always good to see an upset so go TLakes.

Don't think Markham is playing but still plenty of batting there!! Surely the wicket will be a little greener this week though??

Surely if Abers Park get relegated then they will struggle to keep Albers?
Someone will snap him up quick smart!!

Albers is gone regardless, was told last week that he has announced his retirement. Big loss to Aber Park and the VTCA in general. The club will stuggle to stay afloat with him and other rumoured unhappy players jumping ship..

Albers is gone regardless, was told last week that he has announced his retirement. Big loss to Aber Park and the VTCA in general. The club will stuggle to stay afloat with him and other rumoured unhappy players jumping ship..
i think you will find he is staying.
might still coach just not play.
they are a great group of blokes and they will stick it out

Tells us who else may be looking elsewhere?

pascu has had a mate look for him. they did talk to another club, not sure who tho,and early in the season. all depended on if they went down, but something fishy.. why would you talk to other clubs early in the season? they must have known something? correct me if im wrong!!

what are clubs grounds looking like for the weekend?

Pascu?? He has been at the club for years, to me seems like a loyal bloke and on recent performances he isnt the player he once was.. Is your source reliable big junior?
I have heard alot of the blokes are unhappy not just him, that does happen after 3 outright losses in a row :)

I doubt another club would chase Pascu he definately seems well past his best. Bowling way too short!! Maybe a friend and him together might be appealing but it doesn't seem abers park don't have anyone of value except Albers.

Anyone know how bad Jonesy's injury is??

Also can anyone confirm if swallow is going home before the finals??

Back