North A And B

Re: North A and B 2010/11

Guru14;408740 said:
Chee, you obviously gest!! Their seconds finished top of the table last year and I would consider that it would not be the ideal situation for players pushing up to go from North B to Senior division. It was an interesting situation when Hoppers were there and those sides who played them twice were heavily advantaged to those who played them once. It will be interesting to see what happens!

Just going off what i've been told from people around the traps mate. Someone else has mentioned Greenvale's 2nd XI are considering the same thing and they play Senior Div.

There wouldn't be much difference in standard from Nth B1 to Senior Seconds would there?

CheeQuee;408775 said:
Just going off what i've been told from people around the traps mate. Someone else has mentioned Greenvale's 2nd XI are considering the same thing and they play Senior Div.

There wouldn't be much difference in standard from Nth B1 to Senior Seconds would there?

Chee, I would agree there. Having watched Greenvale twos play and the inclusion of some bigger names into the their ones I would think they would put together quiet a good side. I think they have played finals for probably the last 5 years moving through the grades. My question was more along the lines of twos players pushing for selection in the ones would the jump be too great from North B to Senior division?? Would much prefer to play cricket than have a bye no doubt about that.

hey guru. have u guys recruited well for this season. as in any big names or just a bunch of kids.
i saw that use had 6 kids under 21 in your grand final side last year. great effort

battler17;408789 said:
hey guru. have u guys recruited well for this season. as in any big names or just a bunch of kids.
i saw that use had 6 kids under 21 in your grand final side last year. great effort

Battler our focus has been recruiting kids, as they're the future of the club. Our kids were great last year and when you consider we finished on top it says a lot for the standard of kids we've got. How are you going mate, fitting into the new club ok??

Craigieburns ground being dug out at end of october and they cant get back onto it untill Feb, so been told they will only try to get a pitch up if they get a home final. They will finish top 2 with a couple of handy inclusions.

CheeQuee;408775 said:

Great call Chee, apparently Greenvale 2nds will make up the tenth side in B1, the seconds(B2) will then play the senior 2nds side who is scheduled to have the bye on that grade. In other words our first could be playing Greenvale and our seconds could be playing for example Yarraville 2nds.

HOW ARE EVERYONE'S TRACK'S GOING ? Any chance will get on for round 1 ??? Im tipping will at least miss the 1st week and maybe the 1st round if our track is anything to go by !!!

Guru14;408865 said:
Great call Chee, apparently Greenvale 2nds will make up the tenth side in B1, the seconds(B2) will then play the senior 2nds side who is scheduled to have the bye on that grade. In other words our first could be playing Greenvale and our seconds could be playing for example Yarraville 2nds.

That will make things very interesting then, im glad that if craigieburns ground is being dug up, wont have to play on a mine field of an outfield, but then again i dont know wats worse that or greenvale with the rabbit holes and kangaroo droppings everywhere unless thats all been fixed up. :p

Docta;408870 said:
That will make things very interesting then, im glad that if craigieburns ground is being dug up, wont have to play on a mine field of an outfield, but then again i dont know wats worse that or greenvale with the rabbit holes and kangaroo droppings everywhere unless thats all been fixed up. :p
abers deck will struggle to be ready had a few problems with the rain so far

Guru14;408865 said:

Guru, a club in taking up the bye is a good thing. If in fact it is Greenvale, well an good. The advantage for Greenvale would be it enables them to get three sides on turf. I presume they would enter their seconds in B1 and their third turf side in senior 2nds.

Further, I doubt that their seconds playing in B1 would be world beaters as I don't think there is alot of difference between all the 2nds teams. Regardless of which level they are playing in. Infact I am almost certain their thirds team playing in senior 2nds would finish last.

On the other hand, if they were to recruit and pay certain players in the 2nds team playing in B1 then that would be something else altogether. That would really set the cat among the pidgeons.:eek:

Its crunch time;408869 said:
HOW ARE EVERYONE'S TRACK'S GOING ? Any chance will get on for round 1 ??? Im tipping will at least miss the 1st week and maybe the 1st round if our track is anything to go by !!!

Heard a rumour that first sat 2nd and 2nd sat9th will more than likely be called off. So that is round one gone. Also some clubs grounds are so bad that some clubs won't get a start on 3rd sat 16th. Remember that 60% of grounds must be ready for play for the first sat of a round not to be called off.

So make sure your covers don't leak. Incidently who are the main culprits for leaky covers?; Feel free to put forward your nominations.;)

sledger1976;408849 said:
Craigieburns ground being dug out at end of october and they cant get back onto it untill Feb, so been told they will only try to get a pitch up if they get a home final. They will finish top 2 with a couple of handy inclusions.

So who are the inclusions and In what area are they handy?

BigCoq;408737 said:
Greenvales 2nds will fill in B1 fix up the bye.
I would have prefered Altona North.
All good now no bye.

why is that big coq....??

surely a 2nd's team that didnt lose a game last season and that from looking at the results vault has won 5 flags on the trot would be better competition for B1 would it not?

Blue Division;408929 said:
why is that big coq....??

surely a 2nd's team that didnt lose a game last season and that from looking at the results vault has won 5 flags on the trot would be better competition for B1 would it not?

As the Buggun is an Altona Boy i would think he was talking more about the travel than anything else!!

Greenvale's 2nds will win more than they lose in Nth B1 i think. There could be some thrashings when B2 sides play Senior 2nds teams however. It's effectively a 3 division jump.

CheeQuee;408935 said:
Greenvale's 2nds will win more than they lose in Nth B1 i think. There could be some thrashings when B2 sides play Senior 2nds teams however. It's effectively a 3 division jump.

Not to mention the travel out to McKinnon /Sth Caulfield / Bentleigh 2s, or are they home games for North B2?

I liked the suggestion about Yarraville having to bat left handed.

Morning Gents fixtures are up now, good to see no bye, and also good to see the season starting 02/10 and with only one one day game, cant wait to get blind tonight and tomorrow and then pump up for round one. Good luck guys

BigCoq;408722 said:
I wouldnt worry about a bloke or club thats in b grade willy comp or is that A2im confused....

Hey big Coq we have you first up!! Looking forward to it, get your first look at Moreland moonee Valley council wickets:eek:

Back