North A And B

I think St A's has tickets on himself !!! Dont think anyone is worried your bowler's , Otoole is the sole hope for ya's ! And having AP on toast? 5 fa 50 odd chasing 110 on a soft deck with Otoole already out ,hardly call it on tost !

As I do not keep much track of who is who, which club do you come from Legs? If you follwed us throughout the season we were only a little bit away from winning a few games. Hopefully we can come up against you during the season. Will be a totally different story to last year.

As I do not keep much track of who is who, which club do you come from Legs? If you follwed us throughout the season we were only a little bit away from winning a few games. Hopefully we can come up against you during the season. Will be a totally different story to last year.

Im from a club that played u last year ;) thats good to hear good bunch of blokes ! If your Kuno u wouldnt have anyone bothered his a hack and even had cheek have a crack at me after i despatched him all over the ground

Very observant there Guru. As an "A" Grade player in the Nth "A" comp you would have to say that he has been a failure, although he has made some competent scores. Has three failings. Collapses his back leg when going for a front foot drive, More often than not picks the wrong ball to score off and thirdly he is impatient. Won't build an innings. On the positive side he loves his cricket and can score at a rapid rate when he gets his eye in. Hopefully the great man Chunk (Albers) can rescue his career.

If he gets a start in their "A" Grade I think he would do quite well batting at six. Top four positions have passed him bye.

I certainly wouldn't call him a gun bat

Very observant there Guru. As an "A" Grade player in the Nth "A" comp you would have to say that he has been a failure, although he has made some competent scores. Has three failings. Collapses his back leg when going for a front foot drive, More often than not picks the wrong ball to score off and thirdly he is impatient. Won't build an innings. On the positive side he loves his cricket and can score at a rapid rate when he gets his eye in. Hopefully the great man Chunk (Albers) can rescue his career.

If he gets a start in their "A" Grade I think he would do quite well batting at six. Top four positions have passed him bye.

Certainly won't bat at six, the position is locked up tighter than Fort Knox!! I would think his back leg collapsing is not his issue, I would think his impatience and obviously choosing the wrong ball is the key to his lack of success. I would think he could not have asked for a better deck at canning and the deck at AP has been a little more bowler friendly from all reports than it has been in previous years. It will be interesting to see how he goes. I think AP's biggest problems will stem from their batting in North A, their bowlers will bowl any side out it's just the run chase that I would be concerned about.

Ever scored 60 off three overs Legs?

In the long run could prove to be a handy pickup for AP. Good fella, for his sake he does well.

Certainly from all who played with him say he has under achieved for the natural talent he possess.
Made some useful scores in pressure situation for avo though.
Very impatient, repeatedly throws his wicket away playing some ridiculous shots, sadly from my perspective father time has passed him by and he could end up being seen as one of those guys with wasted talent.

One of his former teammates once jokingly described him as "Looks like a gun but never makes any runs". this was funny because a lot of truth in that.

On other recruitment news Patel for St Albans, is it true he is a contracted county player in UK. Is Dunn still playing for St A, must be an aussie by now, been there for a while.

Other new looks like good inclusions for Albion in Brne ,Shaughnessy + import gangodawila. should be a much better side with these ins.

Jacana overseas bloke any info about him.

Funited have their import back. will help their pace bowling stocks.
Taylors lakes, Tulla + seddon also have some new faces - any news on their recruits.
Achillies for Tulla could be a good pick up.

has Aberfeldie recruited anyone with their rise back to Nth A ? :confused:

having checked the VTCA page it appears not, which you would assume is fraught with danger if they were hoping to win some games :eek:

was told a few weeks back that one of the Proclaimers who bowls for them is out for an extended period with an injury

anyone able to add anything to this ?

Certainly won't bat at six, the position is locked up tighter than Fort Knox!! I would think his back leg collapsing is not his issue, I would think his impatience and obviously choosing the wrong ball is the key to his lack of success. I would think he could not have asked for a better deck at canning and the deck at AP has been a little more bowler friendly from all reports than it has been in previous years. It will be interesting to see how he goes. I think AP's biggest problems will stem from their batting in North A, their bowlers will bowl any side out it's just the run chase that I would be concerned about.

Locked up tighter than fort knox. Are you talking Italliano or Albers. I see Albers batted at 5 in the Granny. As far as his back leg collapsing, that causes his body weight to be left behind when going for a front foot drive when the ball is up, when his body weight should infact be forward. By leaving his body weight behind, he mis-cues the ball and is often out caught by skying the ball. No doubt AP will need some bats. If it was'nt for Albers scoring 145 n.o. in the granny you would have to say the rest were disgraceful.

Locked up tighter than fort knox. Are you talking Italliano or Albers. I see Albers batted at 5 in the Granny. As far as his back leg collapsing, that causes his body weight to be left behind when going for a front foot drive when the ball is up, when his body weight should infact be forward. By leaving his body weight behind, he mis-cues the ball and is often out caught by skying the ball. No doubt AP will need some bats. If it was'nt for Albers scoring 145 n.o. in the granny you would have to say the rest were disgraceful.

Don't Albers batted at 6 all that often from memory?? Riggio will need to have another good season, hoping they get Leon T-Booth on the park and fingers crossed maybe their import comes back from 2 years ago. Dingo I would sugget that his decision making and patience are the key regardless of technical issues.... His is brother at Avondale?

Don't Albers batted at 6 all that often from memory?? Riggio will need to have another good season, hoping they get Leon T-Booth on the park and fingers crossed maybe their import comes back from 2 years ago. Dingo I would sugget that his decision making and patience are the key regardless of technical issues.... His is brother at Avondale?

Yep Rahil at avo. His other brother, Zaheer plays with Essendon 2's and 3's. Your right of course re decision making and patience, I was just pointing out a technical flaw when commencing the stroke. As can be seen by the Fatmans post, it was all a bit tongue in cheek.

whats the odds of this week being called off? greater than 50% i think, roosters v seabrook already been changed to seabrooks ground, wdca have called off first 3 grades already as well!

whats the odds of this week being called off? greater than 50% i think, roosters v seabrook already been changed to seabrooks ground, wdca have called off first 3 grades already as well!

it will be called off tomorrow, we cant get our pitch up Kingy also cant, might as well give it a one dayer next week. Another drinking session for me down at the thirds I think.

Back