North A And B

Weapons, any truth in the rumour you have signed with a club in the Vtca........????

And, when will the Vtca shed some light, as to who the 8 new clubs that are looking to come into the comp...

Weapons, any truth in the rumour you have signed with a club in the Vtca........????

And, when will the Vtca shed some light, as to who the 8 new clubs that are looking to come into the comp...
They're coming from the Moreland Moonee Valley comp. There's going to be a new grade for them, north west? Just like they want to do with the sides from the Williamstown comp who will be in a western grade.

Have merlynstone hadfield been the trailblazers, and shown they can hold there own, in a better competition.? Will be interesting to see how promotion relegation will go, and the new structures of the competion.

Laverton have shown that they can more than hold their own & are on their way to North A1next season. Other ex Williamstown comp sides have moved up thru the grades, CYMS & Werribee Centrals are examples of that, only Seabrook have struggled.Any other sides that cross over from the Williamstown comp next season will be competitive.

Preview for this weeks semis

United v jacana

The battle of the lankans this week, pace v spin
This will be an interesting game as both are yet to play each other.
United will go in to the game as heavy faves but do don’t discount the lads from jacana, footscray have demonstrated through out the year that they have struggled against the slower bowlers and jacana have more than couple handy options that will be more than a handful for TJ’s men.
Key is to expose the middle order early and your on… tho they have bats all the way down to the lankan bowlers.

Preecie has confirmed what I have already known from his performance last week against tulla showing he only makes runs against garbage opposition but on a good deck at homedon;t count him out this week.

Jacana just made the finals getting that 4th spot on % how ever I put them close to favourites, if they win this game and they potentially could play st Albans in the GF who they will have a psychological edge on.

Peris at the top will be the key for me, big responsibily to occupie the crease throught he new ball

St Albans v tulla

No doubt this will be a nice and hard deck down at kingspark and If tulla can endure through the new pill it should be a very good game.
Zhrod will have to play a massive part in that along with winge…zhrod is a finals player and I stated early this yr he will be the man that would hv to perform for them to go all the way.
All rest on you big z

st Albans weakness has clearly been there batting all year putting too much pressure on the poms, I think its about time the skipper stepped up rather than parading like he owns the park.
I was just checkn out great man;s stats and I tell you what he must be one heck of a skippa to be on the coin he is on for what he has produced...
The saints are better of booting him out developing the local talent at their disposal with the likes of marshal etc not washed up hacks like thrush.

Hey boys are you waiting for selection, or do you have an opinion on how the semi's will be played out.

Interesting that F/U went down to Tulla last game. Whilst not anything to panic about, Momentum going into finals would have been ideal. F/U have some very experienced cricketers in Preece, Ainge, Jeffrey, O'Reilly and McLellan, all of whom have played finals cricket and are seasoned campaigners having played in "A" Grade premierships.

Undoubtedly F/U have the most balanced bowling attack in the comp.Leg spin in Jeffrey who is on fire-Off spin in O'Reilly if fit-
And three quality pace bowlers in McLellan, De-Silva and Silva. De-Silva is earning his loot and McLellan although a little off his usual standard, I'm sure will find that extra yard and stand up as it may well be his last "A" Grade finals campaign due to I suspect niggling injuries he's been carrying for several seasons.

Obviously Preece and Jeffrey are the stand out bats, both of whom are averaging 30 runs plus. O'Reilly as always can be relied upon to find another level during finals and I expect he will make 30 plus. He won't give his wicket up easily. I was wrong about Ainge. He's lost some kilo's and is fitter and seems to be making a determined effort in the opening spot he now occupies. Which is good to see as he began his career as an opener and was quite capable. Hard to remove.

If F/U can knock up 200 plus, I feel their bowling attack will prevail and it will be game over for Jacana. F/U to win.

In the other game I expect ST.Albans to account for Tulla. Tulla's big Z can't do it on his own. I expect the "Goat Herders to clean up.

In Nth B1 I expect Laverton to easily account for Greenvale as Lavertons bowling and batting is far superior.

In the other game I think it will be a closer tussle. Altona Roosters certainly earnt their 2nd spot on the ladder and because of that I expect they will prevail over Flemington. I'm not sure that Flem are traveling that well.

Preview for this weeks semis

United v jacana

The battle of the lankans this week, pace v spin
This will be an interesting game as both are yet to play each other.
United will go in to the game as heavy faves but do don’t discount the lads from jacana, footscray have demonstrated through out the year that they have struggled against the slower bowlers and jacana have more than couple handy options that will be more than a handful for TJ’s men.
Key is to expose the middle order early and your on… tho they have bats all the way down to the lankan bowlers.

Preecie has confirmed what I have already known from his performance last week against tulla showing he only makes runs against garbage opposition but on a good deck at homedon;t count him out this week.

Jacana just made the finals getting that 4th spot on % how ever I put them close to favourites, if they win this game and they potentially could play st Albans in the GF who they will have a psychological edge on.

Peris at the top will be the key for me, big responsibily to occupie the crease throught he new ball

St Albans v tulla

No doubt this will be a nice and hard deck down at kingspark and If tulla can endure through the new pill it should be a very good game.
Zhrod will have to play a massive part in that along with winge…zhrod is a finals player and I stated early this yr he will be the man that would hv to perform for them to go all the way.
All rest on you big z

st Albans weakness has clearly been there batting all year putting too much pressure on the poms, I think its about time the skipper stepped up rather than parading like he owns the park.
I was just checkn out great man;s stats and I tell you what he must be one heck of a skippa to be on the coin he is on for what he has produced...
The saints are better of booting him out developing the local talent at their disposal with the likes of marshal etc not washed up hacks like thrush.

The Zhrod as you call him never fired a shot in the last Nth"A" semi-final he played in. He went missing that day. Good Players usually come up with some excellent performances in the home and away games. The great players perform in finals.

Laverton have shown that they can more than hold their own & are on their way to North A1next season. Other ex Williamstown comp sides have moved up thru the grades, CYMS & Werribee Centrals are examples of that, only Seabrook have struggled.Any other sides that cross over from the Williamstown comp next season will be competitive.

Interesting comments there "Fairgo" I've always felt that a measure of how strong another comp is whether the clubs that do come over can be immediately competitive in the Nth"A" comp.

Interesting comments there "Fairgo" I've always felt that a measure of how strong another comp is whether the clubs that do come over can be immediately competitive in the Nth"A" comp.
How can a new side be immediately successful in Nth"A"if all new sides start in North"B"? CYMS have come thru North"B"& A"Senior"A" to Senior in 5 seasons. That's competitive! The test of your measuring of strength will come when we see how Laverton go in Nth"A" next season.

yeah this is true but he is tullas best hope for them to progress through, keep in mind he single handedly got them to north a1 with a big 100 and a big bag....but on a good deck against better batsman he may struggle....

Foots certainly have well balanced line up but if there is weakness its prob there fielding that can let them down...too many old blokes lumbering if the opposition just occupy the crease they might get exposed in the GF with the longer version of the game....
sure would be an exciting 2 semi's, not sure where to go.

Just wanted to touch on Ainge, the bloke has made one 50 in the last 5 years and stil in that team…fair enough if he was a kid but the bloke is over 30…he only has two gears, slog over cow or dead bat...looks that his role now is to occupy the crease and let everyone bat around him but that just puts pressure on other bats

The Zhrod as you call him never fired a shot in the last Nth"A" semi-final he played in. He went missing that day. Good Players usually come up with some excellent performances in the home and away games. The great players perform in finals.
The 2 final games both look interesting , footscray to bounce back against jacana in a close fought game with both clubs having multiple matchwinners , with foots having the edge in the bowling department .

St Albans and Tulla , Tulla gave st albans a fair touch up during the season with a big score and interesting to see mccammond now opening the bowling instead of first change , game will depend on first 20 overs and whether st albans speedsters can break thru tulla line up . Elstone best bat in the comp this season class player and will look forward to a hard pitch and fast outfield for a change and battle between him and patel crucial.

St Albans just .

and dingo , you criticise zorros finals record ?

maybe have a look back a few yrs when he made 185 and took 8 for 35 off 43 overs in a grand final ! haha funniest thing i have read!! He must always get you out!!

How can a new side be immediately successful in Nth"A"if all new sides start in North"B"? CYMS have come thru North"B"& A"Senior"A" to Senior in 5 seasons. That's competitive! The test of your measuring of strength will come when we see how Laverton go in Nth"A" next season.[/quot

Where is it written that all clubs when joining the V.T.C.A. must begin in the Nth"B" comp. Albion, Sunshine United, Sunshine Druids and Footscray United all began in the Nth"A" comp.

Cyms & Centrals to their credit have done well since joining. However there was a period when they were easy beats in the Nth"A" comp. Cyms through a change of management and the ability to raise annually some serious coin has enabled them to recruit some quality players resulting in the club doing well in the senior comp. On the other hand Centrals looks like being relegated back to Nth"A". I should imagine they will be competitive next season depending on if they can hang on to their players.

Having said that, I don't offer my protestations as a criticism, simply as an observation.

yeah this is true but he is tullas best hope for them to progress through, keep in mind he single handedly got them to north a1 with a big 100 and a big bag....but on a good deck against better batsman he may struggle....

Foots certainly have well balanced line up but if there is weakness its prob there fielding that can let them down...too many old blokes lumbering if the opposition just occupy the crease they might get exposed in the GF with the longer version of the game....
sure would be an exciting 2 semi's, not sure where to go.

Just wanted to touch on Ainge, the bloke has made one 50 in the last 5 years and stil in that team…fair enough if he was a kid but the bloke is over 30…he only has two gears, slog over cow or dead bat...looks that his role now is to occupy the crease and let everyone bat around him but that just puts pressure on other bats

Yep, your right Ainge's stats don't stack up. In his defence he was carrying some injuries and had a couple of operations to rectify them. He had also been in a good paddock for too long which did'nt help matters. However he's overcome his injuries, got himself fit and shows a new determination. Occupying the crease and turning over the strike picking up one's and two's as you go does'nt put pressure on the other bats. It does the opposite. Puts pressure on the bowlers.

The 2 final games both look interesting , footscray to bounce back against jacana in a close fought game with both clubs having multiple matchwinners , with foots having the edge in the bowling department .

St Albans and Tulla , Tulla gave st albans a fair touch up during the season with a big score and interesting to see mccammond now opening the bowling instead of first change , game will depend on first 20 overs and whether st albans speedsters can break thru tulla line up . Elstone best bat in the comp this season class player and will look forward to a hard pitch and fast outfield for a change and battle between him and patel crucial.

St Albans just .

and dingo , you criticise zorros finals record ?

maybe have a look back a few yrs when he made 185 and took 8 for 35 off 43 overs in a grand final ! haha funniest thing i have read!! He must always get you out!!

HaHa, HaHa, HaHa. Nth"B" comp was it? I'm a fan of the "Z" Man. I think he is an exceptional cricketer. But show me where he"s taken a Nth"A" wicket in a finals match.

Z man bowls diddly doddly poop. Get him on a good deck and he is fodder...
He can slog a bit tho....
I think Tulla will win it. Just desserts for a great bunch of blokes. Especially Junior Scott. Top bloke

Z man bowls diddly doddly poop. Get him on a good deck and he is fodder...
He can slog a bit tho....
I think Tulla will win it. Just desserts for a great bunch of blokes. Especially Junior Scott. Top bloke

Whilst not saying he's a world beater saying he can't get wickets is utter rubbish. That B1 final was against Greenvale and half that side still play Senior Dev. Hardly easy wickets or cheap runs there. He was the difference that match no doubt about it.

Whilst not saying he's a world beater saying he can't get wickets is utter rubbish. That B1 final was against Greenvale and half that side still play Senior Dev. Hardly easy wickets or cheap runs there. He was the difference that match no doubt about it.

So it was only 5. The 1/2 must have been a half wit.

Roy-G-Biv where are you? You have been conspicuous by your absence. What are you up to old timer? In saying that the Guru has gone quiet also. Lets hear some of your protestations O wise one.

Back