North A And B

GurU14
Hey thanks for the reply pal. Didint bag me i thought i was gonna cop it ,well from st andrews man i thought his gonna give to me never mind.Went to granny on saturday for few hours i agree ur bowlers looked very flat baistow didnt look 100% and ur capt nathan i think very good bowler he didnt bowl a lot of overs when i was their i rate those 2 as ur best bowlers. Lomas had front fut problem which would of hurt cause his quality spinner.Yes i see u did have them 2/14 but when win send a side in you had to bowl them out cheaply and they are very good batting side i thought was silly to do. Last week u guys where looking good with openers i would just continued batting runs on board in finals are gold. It showed in game nxt to b2 craigieburn all out 92 and lavo where 2/50 and past score 9 down just show you very hard chasing runs. But i guess no real right answer on what he should done just wish both sides all best.But hope lavo win just thought ur club went over top on the radio last week when they should of.

Mate you are a terrible speller are you sure st andrews man can even understand what you wrote? It took me a good 5 minute stint to work out some of the lines written there

Roy I picked Tulla myself, just thought they maybe would have the edge against Footscray. Having said that, 6 from Walters was a great return without Zahorodni bowling. Young Achilles needs to stand up in this game, I heard some good things about him when he was playing at North but really hasn't delivered as yet, saturday needs to be his stage where he makes a statement. Chand still in must be also good news for Tulla nad with Zahorodni batting lower due to not being available will help in the long run. As you with 160 overs to be bowled there is still a long way to go in this game and I wouldn't be surprised if it's still not a 2nd innings result.

Yep long way to go.

Only less than 80 to get but need much more to shut united outta game. Chand,Achilles,Zahorodni,Kajac all have it in their hands, many don't get this opportunity in grannies.
United will do anything to claw their way back in the game so first hour or so will be great finals cricket.

FUnited good bunch of lads (Many would have rightly had 'em as favs going in) but had this hunch about Tulla - a couple of blokes in Tulla have been bad sports in recent years at
times but sounds like they have pulled themsleves inline somewhat as there haven't been many complaints about bad sportmaship from them this season, atleast not as much as their previous 2 outings in NTH A.

Yep long way to go.

Only less than 80 to get but need much more to shut united outta game. Chand,Achilles,Zahorodni,Kajac all have it in their hands, many don't get this opportunity in grannies.
United will do anything to claw their way back in the game so first hour or so will be great finals cricket.

FUnited good bunch of lads (Many would have rightly had 'em as favs going in) but had this hunch about Tulla - a couple of blokes in Tulla have been bad sports in recent years at
times but sounds like they have pulled themsleves inline somewhat as there haven't been many complaints about bad sportmaship from them this season, atleast not as much as their previous 2 outings in NTH A.
Foots Utd are still favourite for me.. The bats that you have mentioned have not done anything all season except for Chand who has made a couple of scores... I predict the Sri Lankans along with TJ to roll through Tulla who will be all out for 100!!
Don't think I have ever seen Zajac make a score and Zhrod had 1 lucky innings in his career and seems to be living off that still which happened about 5 years ago.
The big question is whether it will rain on the Sunday therefore this result could only be decided on first innings..
ROY I agree the Tulla blokes are a lot better than they have been in previous years and credit to them because they used to be like a bunch of 8 year old carrying on.

I'm aware of 1 Flag for preece - Dingo can you name clubs where he was part of a flag.
Funited would be 1 i reckon, where did he win the other?

Shagga - years back (for atleast 2 seasons maybe) he was the best bat in a strong NTH A comp, technically very correct and thus great to watch. i dunno how old he is but i guess age catches up to all of us eventually and i suspect this is what has happened to O'Rielly, because for few years now he has been well below the standards he used to have with the bat. Decline in batting form is strange though because he is playing park cricket and blokes with batting ability he once demonstrated still continue to churn out the runs well into their late 30's in such cricket. Preece is an example - wouldn't think Shannon is any older than preece?

I am not sure about that call roy, is he really in the same boat as albers and thrush...compare the stats of the 3 and more importantly i doubt he is on any sort of coin down there at scovel...

He wil be needed next year especially now that i heard that preecie has retired, o' rielly wil be needed for the younger blokes to bat around and a good back up spinner, seams to be jeffries right hand man..the result all depends on the wicket this week...

speaking of thrush so where to now for st albans....

Foots Utd are still favourite for me.. The bats that you have mentioned have not done anything all season except for Chand who has made a couple of scores... I predict the Sri Lankans along with TJ to roll through Tulla who will be all out for 100!!
Don't think I have ever seen Zajac make a score and Zhrod had 1 lucky innings in his career and seems to be living off that still which happened about 5 years ago.
The big question is whether it will rain on the Sunday therefore this result could only be decided on first innings..
ROY I agree the Tulla blokes are a lot better than they have been in previous years and credit to them because they used to be like a bunch of 8 year old carrying on.

Nothing has changed from what i heard from a spectator at the game, scott carrying on afte being dismissed...

I am not sure about that call roy, is he really in the same boat as albers and thrush...compare the stats of the 3 and more importantly i doubt he is on any sort of coin down there at scovel...

He wil be needed next year especially now that i heard that preecie has retired, o' rielly wil be needed for the younger blokes to bat around and a good back up spinner, seams to be jeffries right hand man..the result all depends on the wicket this week...

speaking of thrush so where to now for st albans....

i reckon there has been some misunderstanding here or maybe not.

But long before Albers joined VTCA ranks for a year or 2 O'rielly was right up there as a bat.
Saw him at his best and it was pretty impressive (although only for a season or two other times he looked good but didn't cash in). Time period would be late 1990's and early 2000's.

Last 5 or so years he has been on a steady decline, but i agree with those who say that he's got plenty to
offer he's still 33 atleast 3-5 more seasons if desire is still there.

Albers we all know his pedigree, thrush some albion blokes speak highly of his prime but unfortunately/fortunatley
every time we played against him he was nothing outta d ordinary. But then i didn't see him every week?

Preecy won a flag at Strathmore too...

Shan 33. Only been dismissed 2 or 3 times this year, still very good bat, just playing different role these days !

good luck big fella all the best for the granny......shans a sh!t bloke.......hahahaha nah good ol weapo and him go way back!!!top bloke

cheers

Yeah preecie has been a great player n bloke..NTH A1's best over the last decade, speaking off which...
Team of the decade for nth a1....
Thoughts...critiria: minimum 4 years in the league

Warren suares
Daniel popov
Hahaha.. good one.

I'll have a crack. Kids are at daycare.
Batting order.

M Dodds
S Patel
R Silence (*)
C Osborne
T Jeffrey
G Lambeth
M Albers
B Bainbridge
S McKay (+)
I Bastow
C Greenidge
12th man - S Pietsch

Roger Silence (St Bernards) 8-7 years ago. Saw him bat side on in 2nd dig chasing 70 odd from 4 overs to win outright.
He was up there for quickest I've faced too. Ball was making noises as it went past (ability to turn "whites" into "browns" in the blink of an eye.
C Osborne (St.Bernards))- More medals than a WWII hero. I reckon his bowling was shite though.
Benny Bainbridge (Capt from Parkville Districts) Good bloke, naturally talented bat/bowl
S Pietsch (Parkville) or whatever the his name is (fast bowler/cow corner batter)
Chunk (Avondale/MPCC) (good bat, destroy opposition if he got in, bowls on a 20 cent coin 5/6 balls an over)(good to keep to)
M Dodds (Avondale)(firecracker true, but tonnes of ability)(had talent as offie too)
C Greenidge (Albion)(never faced him, heard a lottttttt about him)
I Bastow (Flemington)(Bruce Reid wannabe - he was intimidating at times)
T Jeffrey (Avondale/OEGCC/FUCC)(Don't make 196* in semi's and have no talent)(can bowl too)
Samit Patel (Goatherders)(fat little turd that he was/is)(Could bat - couldn't bowl for shite)
G Lambeth (Westmeadows)(good cricketer - good bloke too)
S McKay (Can bat (he busted my bat one year by trying to bang his way to China (tap tap) good keeper)(thinks he's lightning quick when he bowls - all keepers do :p)

On another note - Does that big headed dude from St Bernards still play ? He used to freak me out...Last name Garth.

Hahaha.. good one.

Batting order.

M Dodds
S Patel
R Silence (*)
C Osborne
T Jeffrey
G Lambeth
M Albers
B Bainbridge
S McKay (+)
I Bastow
C Greenidge
12th man - S Pietsch

Roger Silence (St Bernards) 8-7 years ago. Saw him bat side on in 2nd dig chasing 70 odd from 4 overs to win outright.
He was up there for quickest I've faced too. Ball was making noises as it went past (ability to turn "whites" into "browns" in the blink of an eye.
C Osborne (St.Bernards))- More medals than a WWII hero. I reckon his bowling was shite though.
Benny Bainbridge (Capt from Parkville Districts) Good bloke, naturally talented bat/bowl
S Pietsch (Parkville) or whatever the his name is (fast bowler/cow corner batter)
Chunk (Avondale/MPCC) (good bat, destroy opposition if he got in, bowls on a 20 cent coin 5/6 balls an over)(good to keep to)
M Dodds (Avondale)(firecracker true, but tonnes of ability)(had talent as offie too)
T Jeffrey (Avondale/OEGCC/FUCC)(Don't make 196* in semi's and have no talent)(can bowl too)
Samit Patel (Goatherders)(fat little turd that he was/is)(Could bat - couldn't bowl for shite)
S McKay (Can bat (he busted my bat one year by trying to bang his way to China (tap tap) good keeper)(thinks he's lightning quick when he bowls - all keepers do :p)

On another note - Does that big headed dude from St Bernards still play ? He used to freak me out...Last name Garth.
Not a bad side.
Silence played at East Keilor for 2 years only so not sure if he would have played enough games.

Same for Greenidge.

One player i would have from East Keilor is John Bell

its that time of the year again. any early player movements? (Cant wait to here some of the sh!@ that normally gets put on)

you would think footscray would need to pick up 2 bats min otherwise they will be out of nth division quicker then qantas out of tokyo.

Hahaha.. good one.

Batting order.

M Dodds
S Patel
R Silence (*)
C Osborne
T Jeffrey
G Lambeth
M Albers
B Bainbridge
S McKay (+)
I Bastow
C Greenidge
12th man - S Pietsch

According to last years Leading Edge G Jones has won 5 x North A1 best player in the comp awards....I would have thought he'd be first picked

According to last years Leading Edge G Jones has won 5 x North A1 best player in the comp awards....I would have thought he'd be first picked

Make that 6 after this year. He would be first picked in the VTCA team of the decade, and also first picked in any other team of the decade he has been associated with.

hackney, Roach, manning...all consistant
greenidge patel only played few seasons at best...can;t be considered, then you'd put popov too...he made something like 750 at sedon one yr

Interesting thoughts on Zhrod, i think over the past years he has 1 or 2 good hits per season.... don't think he's made many runs this year.... maybe this will be his 1 good innings for the year? i think there are still a couple of sooks down at tulla, but i don't know that theyre quite as personal towards the opposition as they once were.
Interesting to see Achiles batting at 5, he's been much lower down the order all year. i don't know a lot about him, is he some sort of big hope that i am unaware of?

No no, Dingo, I wasn't having a crack. I actually rate both of them, Preece more than you would know. I was merely answering the question of would a bat fear a bowler. I was merely stating Preece has been struck twice by McCammond and hurt both times so Preeces heart would beat a little quicker when McCammond was running in. I'll never doubt or put him down. The bloke is a gun on and off the ground. With O'Rielly, I've played with him too, a fair bit actually and just think that when push comes to shove in big games he has a tendancy to go missing. Not doubting his ability either, he was one of the best bats in the comp 7 or 8 years ago. Good luck to both sides over the next four days. Wish we'd have won last week so I was having a bat tomorrow. Best two sides in my opinion are playing off though.

Fair enough Canary. Preece and O'Reilly began their careers as open bats. Whatsmore they played on uncovered wickets. In those early days prior to covered wkts coming into vogue, when conditions for batting were poor, top order bats were expected(and most did) to wear a few. When the going got willing. It was a case of "when the going gets tough the tough get going.)

I've seen batsmen with 15 to 20 bruises all over there body because they chose to stand theIr ground by dropping their hands rather than use their bat as a defensive shield. Preece was one such batsman. He would wear them if he had to.

And no, where McCammond is concerned I don't think Preece's heart would beat faster.

I'm aware of 1 Flag for preece - Dingo can you name clubs where he was part of a flag.
Funited would be 1 i reckon, where did he win the other?

Shagga - years back (for atleast 2 seasons maybe) he was the best bat in a strong NTH A comp, technically very correct and thus great to watch. i dunno how old he is but i guess age catches up to all of us eventually and i suspect this is what has happened to O'Rielly, because for few years now he has been well below the standards he used to have with the bat. Decline in batting form is strange though because he is playing park cricket and blokes with batting ability he once demonstrated still continue to churn out the runs well into their late 30's in such cricket. Preece is an example - wouldn't think Shannon is any older than preece?

Roy, as "On the lookout" correctly pointed out, Preece played in a Premiership at Strathmore. He was later recruited to Footscray United for huge dollars (almost broke the bank) and played in an "A" Grade premiership with O'Reilly in 98/99 in the now defunct S.C.A.
I did say O'Reilly was entering the twilight of his career and Preece was well and truly in it. My own yard stick gained from many years of observations is that batsmen are at their best between 25 and 35 yrs. Their are exceptions of course. If they are still making runs beyond 35 that is a bonus. Take O'Keefe for example.

You mentioned O'Reilly had dropped off these past couple of seasons. He was lugging an extra person around in that body of his. He's since trimmed down and looks a million dollars and will be all the better for it. Watch this space.

Back