North A And B

The council have been told all year not to water the ground Thursday to Sunday but I can tell you at least 5 times during the season they watered it on a Friday night. So get off your high horse dingo and if u watched the game batsmen got themselves out and most scores in the VTCA were low after the first day. I’m sick of people bagging us on this site when they have absolutely no idea about what’s going on. Take a look at the semi dingo 500 runs scored not a bad deck if you ask me. Have a good break boys see you all next season.

I'm not bagging the deck. I've even stated it was a plum deck at times. True most batsmen got themselve out through bad application. What I,m bagging is the preparation. Their was no rain around yet water got on the track via apparently the sprinklers. You confirmed that 5 times during the season the council got it wrong. Armed with this knowledge why didn't some responsible person from the host club go by and check on friday evening the likelyhood that the sprinklers may again come on? Elementary I would have thought.

I heard on Sunday that FU don’t want to go up anyway. They can’t afford anymore players and don’t think they will be competitive

A few seasons back when Albion won the Nth "A" premiership they put in a request not to go up and it was granted. Proved to be a good call. Recently Avondale when runners-up in Nth"A" were granted a request to stay. Also a good call as they are now in Nth "B". Appears V.T.C.A. executive can be sympathetic when clubs mount a genuine case.

I'm not bagging the deck. I've even stated it was a plum deck at times. True most batsmen got themselve out through bad application. What I,m bagging is the preparation. Their was no rain around yet water got on the track via apparently the sprinklers. You confirmed that 5 times during the season the council got it wrong. Armed with this knowledge why didn't some responsible person from the host club go by and check on friday evening the likelyhood that the sprinklers may again come on? Elementary I would have thought.

what would going up there on a fri/sat night do. All you can do is put in a request and when some moron who sits on a computer all day gets an update from his computer on the other side of the city that the ground needs to be watered and turns them on. If you saw the pitch on the sat morn it had seam marks on it from where the water leaked through them. Apparently the same thing happened to ek as well. Nothing we can do about that. The curator was up there at 7am each day preparing the pitch.

A few seasons back when Albion won the Nth "A" premiership they put in a request not to go up and it was granted. Proved to be a good call. Recently Avondale when runners-up in Nth"A" were granted a request to stay. Also a good call as they are now in Nth "B". Appears V.T.C.A. executive can be sympathetic when clubs mount a genuine case.

It would make sense not to send them up if they loose tj as well as preecey who has retired. He dumped his spikes in the bin at abers on sun night but who knows wat will happen over the winter

what would going up there on a fri/sat night do. All you can do is put in a request and when some moron who sits on a computer all day gets an update from his computer on the other side of the city that the ground needs to be watered and turns them on. If you saw the pitch on the sat morn it had seam marks on it from where the water leaked through them. Apparently the same thing happened to ek as well. Nothing we can do about that. The curator was up there at 7am each day preparing the pitch.

I can understand your frustration. Avondale Heights same municipality has a standing arrangement during summer. Automatic sprinklers last water thursday night then off till Sunday night. Week in week out.

It would make sense not to send them up if they loose tj as well as preecey who has retired. He dumped his spikes in the bin at abers on sun night but who knows wat will happen over the winter

I think he is fair dinkum. He could still do the job but he"s had enough of being sore for 3 or 4 days each week after a game. Still, your a long time retired.

Well done to all clubs another season over.......

Yarraville just freaks!
Hoppers finally shake of the Bridesmaid tag well done.
FU well done may need a bit of work to be competitive next season.
Congrats to Laverton the best team all year. Great Win!
With your new recruit next year should give North A a real shake...

Before I forget, congrats to Jim and the Laverton boys. A very comprehensive win in the grand final and confrimed they were eaily the best side in north b this year, well done. I thought laverton was very impressive in the granny, their bowlers took a couple early and then they just had Mitch Smith strolling in as their 2nd change bowler. He bowled with some good heat and i thought any chance Flemington had disappeared when they lost their openers early. Not sure of a couple of early LBW decision, Baker's looked plumb but the first 3, yes the first 3 were close but maybe the batsmen could have given the benefit, IMO. Regardless they batted for 2 and a half days and came out firing with the ball, Flemington were always going to find it hard.

The merger/takeover of the MMVCA is growing legs each day with many of the clubs seeing this as maybe their only and best option. The belief is it will be a better avenue for the clubs to take than continue as they are. We thought the comp was in a little trouble last year and decided it was better to get a year in the VTCA before the we were confronted with the decision the MMVCA clubs appear now to have to make.

Guru you lost a couple of players from the season before last when you were Runners-up. Who were they and was that because your club decided to move to the V.T.C.A? Had they stayed, do you think they would have made a difference to your position on the ladder this season? What holes in your side do you need to fill to become a top 4 side in Nth "B" next season.

Guru you lost a couple of players from the season before last when you were Runners-up. Who were they and was that because your club decided to move to the V.T.C.A? Had they stayed, do you think they would have made a difference to your position on the ladder this season? What holes in your side do you need to fill to become a top 4 side in Nth "B" next season.

we had 2 boys go to district level, our opening bowler headed back to india our keeper and number 4 bat(who played district ones at north) had some personal issues this year. And we had another who took a year off to concentrate on his cricket. I think that's all if them, add to that our youngest bowler who I thought would come through also went to district. Having said all of that I still thought we had enough left to be successful. 3 wins wad certainly not the result we were after. We need to find an opening bowler with some wheels, and as evert side wishlist would have a couple of quality recruits in the 23-26 range that's what we miss the most. Drawing board stuff in the next 1 month or so but it won't take much for us to be very competitive next year.

we had 2 boys go to district level, our opening bowler headed back to india our keeper and number 4 bat(who played district ones at north) had some personal issues this year. And we had another who took a year off to concentrate on his cricket. I think that's all if them, add to that our youngest bowler who I thought would come through also went to district. Having said all of that I still thought we had enough left to be successful. 3 wins wad certainly not the result we were after. We need to find an opening bowler with some wheels, and as evert side wishlist would have a couple of quality recruits in the 23-26 range that's what we miss the most. Drawing board stuff in the next 1 month or so but it won't take much for us to be very competitive next year.
You have my sympathy. A bit hard covering the loss of 4 or 5 players in one season. Still your club would now have a good feel for the competition your up against. Avondale is in much the same boat having taken their eye off the ball some years back in terms of letting their Junior Squad run down. Some 6 to 7 years ago our juniors were resurrected and as a cosequence we now have a few talented players coming through. It's just a matter of waiting for them to metamorphosise, which should happen in the next 2 seasons.

We need a strike bowler( We're talking to one at the moment) and 2 quality top 4 bats. All it takes is money, which we don't have a lot of.

Interesting you mentioned recruits in the 23-26 age group. That age bracket is very important to a side that is ageing. Good luck in your recruiting endeavours.

St.Andrews man your a joke just like your club, havin a go at us (the roosters) about spending money and how crap we are, look at your crap club wow you finally won a game this year way to go, lucky you cant go down to c1 where you belong. Maybe its back to churches on the mats next year where you might make the finals in a 4 team comp hahaha. Dont worry about us buddy we showed massive improvement on and off the field unlike you guys, still relying on O'Toole and Draper that'll get you far.
o'toole and draper? have a look at the stats champ and i think you will find neither were dominant players in our 1st eleven this year. but look out next year when theyre both fully fit coz jimmy will be bowling facemelters and tooley smashing tons

You have my sympathy. A bit hard covering the loss of 4 or 5 players in one season. Still your club would now have a good feel for the competition your up against. Avondale is in much the same boat having taken their eye off the ball some years back in terms of letting their Junior Squad run down. Some 6 to 7 years ago our juniors were resurrected and as a cosequence we now have a few talented players coming through. It's just a matter of waiting for them to metamorphosise, which should happen in the next 2 seasons.

We need a strike bowler( We're talking to one at the moment) and 2 quality top 4 bats. All it takes is money, which we don't have a lot of.

Interesting you mentioned recruits in the 23-26 age group. That age bracket is very important to a side that is ageing. Good luck in your recruiting endeavours.

whats the go colonel you lost your wallet, Avondale Heights have struggled over the years and have had a high turnover of players because of people relocating to outer suburbs like taylers lakes and hillside, similar story to East Keilor. In the last 5-7 years Avondale Heights have got a soccer team and alot of those kids have taken up soccer rather than cricket which is unfortunate but it's reality so with no juniors coming threw it is always going to be difficult. Having played against the Heights over many years it is ashame to see orignal vjca/vtca clubs struggle, so good luck in your recruiting and hope to play you guys sooner rather than later.

whats the go colonel you lost your wallet, Avondale Heights have struggled over the years and have had a high turnover of players because of people relocating to outer suburbs like taylers lakes and hillside, similar story to East Keilor. In the last 5-7 years Avondale Heights have got a soccer team and alot of those kids have taken up soccer rather than cricket which is unfortunate but it's reality so with no juniors coming threw it is always going to be difficult. Having played against the Heights over many years it is ashame to see orignal vjca/vtca clubs struggle, so good luck in your recruiting and hope to play you guys sooner rather than later.

New

AH struggled last 2 seasons, before that they were up there challenging for NTH A flags for 5-6 years.
played in a couple of grannies. But you are correct, exodus of experinced cricketers and lack of new blood has hurt 'em bad... like many other inner suburban clubs.

Throwing money around would be a short term fix, they need to encourage juniors and if possible try
to get get some ex 1X1 players who are still playing elsewhere back on board. NTH B is the best place to rebuild n do all that. Alot less pressure! From what iam hearing think it may be a while before we seen 'em moving up a grade or two? But who knows?​

You can only go to the well so many times. The last time I looked my wallet had moth holes.
Can't see how soccer is a worry. 2xmilo,1x10,1x12,1x14,and 1x16 at the moment. Big improvement from just 6 kids a few years back.

New

AH struggled last 2 seasons, before that they were up there challenging for NTH A flags for 5-6 years.​
played in a couple of grannies. But you are correct, exodus of experinced cricketers and lack of new blood has hurt 'em bad... like many other inner suburban clubs.​

Throwing money around would be a short term fix, they need to encourage juniors and if possible try​
to get get some ex 1X1 players who are still playing elsewhere back on board. NTH B is the best place to rebuild n do all that. Alot less pressure! From what iam hearing think it may be a while before we seen 'em moving up a grade or two? But who knows?​

Your right Roy. Coundn't have said it better myself. Nth"B" is an excellent level from which to re-build your team. When a side slides as Avo has and gets to the point where it has to recruit 5 or 6 players from with-out in order to be competitive it gets a bit expensive. No club is a YCCC.

Right now first on the list is a coach. Either playing or non playing. You may be interested. Perhaps.

Dingo - I'm moving down the highway to Mirboo Nth for season 11/12.
They have lost their young keeper/bat to a eastern suburbs district team and are very keen to sign me.
Their capt/coach called me 30 minutes after losing semi final to Moe.
Being fat, old, experienced, whatever you wanna call it... it'll suit me to a tea.
Hard wickets as well, so atleast I'll be playing on a true bouncing pitch every 2nd game.
I had a purple patch after Xmas this year... scored 300 runs in last 6 games (400 for year)
My keeping is only getting better with age (maybe fatness too) ... 12 catches and 9 stumpings for season 10/11.
I'd love to play again in the big smoke (VTCA) ... but the travel is the only stumbling block.

Your right Roy. Coundn't have said it better myself. Nth"B" is an excellent level from which to re-build your team. When a side slides as Avo has and gets to the point where it has to recruit 5 or 6 players from with-out in order to be competitive it gets a bit expensive. No club is a YCCC.

Right now first on the list is a coach. Either playing or non playing. You may be interested. Perhaps.

Good start would be to sign a bloke who is willing to stick around and guide your mob through these tough times certainly a palying coach would be preferable. Overseas pro would have to wait for a year atleast till you have enough local talent to push for a promotion.

I reckon Avo CC won't be the worst gig going around. Was very impressed with them in 2008/09 (especially some of the lesser likes in that side ).In 2009/10 when i last saw your lads competing in NTH A despite all the departures was very surprised to see yous relegated - becasue there were 3-4 experienced good talented cricketers still around all of whom had solid-good seasons a year before in the GF year and had the perfect opportunity to take the next step. But from memory feedback was not good from other sides which competted against Avo- Common problems were the general attitude - personally the game i saw there were blokes turning up either minutes before and atleast 1 fella half an hour after the game had started with very care free demeanour - you could see couple of experienced lads including the captain shaking helplessly their heads - that was ealry in the season & one could tell it was going to be a miserable old time.

But good to see you old fellas doing some thing off the field to get the club moving up the grades.

You can only go to the well so many times. The last time I looked my wallet had moth holes.
Can't see how soccer is a worry. 2xmilo,1x10,1x12,1x14,and 1x16 at the moment. Big improvement from just 6 kids a few years back.

l was going down the line of avondale heights being a very big italian community that most kids in the area would most likely be guided towards soccer rather than cricket and that could affect numbers in the junior ranks but if you are rebuilding then that is a positive for the club.
would you get roy g biv back to coach again our do they only get one crack at coaching down there?

Back