North A And B

Pump, any truth to the rumour one of your major recruites to Aberfeldie has already left the club after only a few months there ?

sounds like he wasnt happy with himself not being the club leader if from what I heard on the weekend at the pub is true

seeing this bloke was closing in on 50 you would think he was taking the mickey

Round 1
8 Oct(1:00 PM) St Albans v Aberfeldie Park Kings Park Reserve View
8 Oct(1:00 PM) Taylors Lakes v Laverton Lionheart Reserve View
8 Oct(1:00 PM) Werribee Centrals v Moonee Valley Galvin Park - Oval 1 View
8 Oct(1:00 PM) Aberfeldie v Flemington Clifton Park View
8 Oct(1:00 PM) East Keilor v Jacana Overland Reserve View

St.Albans to strong for Aberfeldie Park.
Laverton to def TL, (Lavo may be the team in North A).
Centrals V MV interesting game, MV have lost a lot of talent but Centrals have truggled with the bat for the last year or two, Centrals in a close one.
Aberfeldie to DEF Flemington.
Jacana's attack to good for EK.

NORTH B

Round 1
8 Oct(1:00 PM) Pascoe Vale Sports Club v St Andrews Pascoe Vale Raeburn Reserve View
8 Oct(1:00 PM) Craigieburn v St Francis de Sales DS Aitken Reserve View
8 Oct(1:00 PM) Merlynston Hadfield v West Coburg Hallam Reserve View
8 Oct(1:00 PM) Glenroy v Maribyrnong Park St Marys Sewell Reserve View
8 Oct(1:00 PM) East Coburg v Haig Fawkner Brearley Reserve View

St.Andrews to DEF Pascoe Vale.
Craigieburn to DEF St.Francis.
West Coburg to DEF Merlo.
Glenroy to DEF MPSM
Haig to DEF East Coburg.

lenny, would have to agree with you there. we(taylors) will go a bit better then people think. west b tips?

Seddon v St Andrews Hanmer Reserve View
Sunshine YCW v Altona Roosters Kinder Smith Reserve View
Kingsville Baptists v Barkly Street Uniting Angliss Reserve View
Sunshine Heights v BYE View
Seabrook v Avondale Heights Bruce Comben Reserve View

seddon easily, should be the stand out team in the grade
anltona roosters there, not sure ycw will be up to this standard of cricket, have struggled in the vtca previously
kingy v barkly, toss of the coin.... so kingy
seabrook avondale, toss of the coin again.... so seabrook?

lenny, would have to agree with you there. we(taylors) will go a bit better then people think. west b tips?

Seddon v St Andrews Hanmer Reserve View
Sunshine YCW v Altona Roosters Kinder Smith Reserve View
Kingsville Baptists v Barkly Street Uniting Angliss Reserve View
Sunshine Heights v BYE View
Seabrook v Avondale Heights Bruce Comben Reserve View

anltona roosters there, not sure ycw will be up to this standard of cricket, have struggled in the vtca previously
I agree with you on the first three, but to pick Seabrook over Avondale Heights is a big call.
If you go by last season, Avondale Heights just missed the four & Seabrook were wooden spooners by a mile.
So unless Seabrook have recruited well or Avondale Heights have lost players,or both, Avondale should win easily.

And sunshine ycw aren't as bad as what they were in the vtca they lost players because they didn't want to travel they are a decent bunch of guys and have some good cricketers...

I haven't bothered to look at north b results from last season. but, after playing against Avondale when they where in north a, they where a joke. So beyond altona and seddon, what other teams will be pushing for a finals berth?

isnt it a bit insulting that u guys dont even know any of the teams u have tipped against just going with the previous vtca clubs if u dont know the oppistion should u really comment

I haven't bothered to look at north b results from last season. but, after playing against Avondale when they where in north a, they where a joke. So beyond altona and seddon, what other teams will be pushing for a finals berth?

Yep Avondale were an uncompetitive disunited rabble in 2009/10 NTH A season, but which team wouldn't be after losing 6-8 of their 1X1 players.

Look at Albion won a flag in 2007/08, lost players and where is the club now- GONE. Avo are al least
alive and (admit barely) kicking but where's life there's hope.

Last year in NTH B at least they had a crack just missing d finals and their young kids had some good results.

BTW Avondale were in NTH A for a long time, did you play against 'em prior to 09/10 - if you did then i bet they would've made u look like a joke! had a decent/top side from 2003-2008/09 season.

Agree with you that they don't appear to be a danger to the so called frontrunners (Seddon struggled in A for at least 3 years before the drop), simply because they haven't recruited any 1s players and have struggled to attract a CC in recent years.

Yep Avondale were an uncompetitive disunited rabble in 2009/10 NTH A season, but which team wouldn't be after losing 6-8 of their 1X1 players.

Look at Albion won a flag in 2007/08, lost players and where is the club now- GONE. Avo are al least
alive and (admit barely) kicking but where's life there's hope.

Last year in NTH B at least they had a crack just missing d finals and their young kids had some good results.

BTW Avondale were in NTH A for a long time, did you play against 'em prior to 09/10 - if you did then i bet they would've made u look like a joke! had a decent/top side from 2003-2008/09 season.

Agree with you that they don't appear to be a danger to the so called frontrunners (Seddon struggled in A for at least 3 years before the drop), simply because they haven't recruited any 1s players and have struggled to attract a CC in recent years.

roy

from what i have seen, as an outsider looking in, the difference between avondale/albion and seddon, is there is a club culture. there players hang around and have a beer ith you, win/lose/draw. albion, all there players take off and do there own thing, and same with avondale.

avondale and albion had the chance to go up, and refused. if potential players kept seeing the team in the same grade, would you go there? my first qs would be, why are they not taking the chance to go up?

i watched seddon in a practice match a few weeks ago, not sure who they played, but they looked solid, batting and bowling. and after playing against them last season, and seing the 2s the next day, could see they where looking out for the team playing finals.

roy

from what i have seen, as an outsider looking in, the difference between avondale/albion and seddon, is there is a club culture. there players hang around and have a beer ith you, win/lose/draw. albion, all there players take off and do there own thing, and same with avondale.

avondale and albion had the chance to go up, and refused. if potential players kept seeing the team in the same grade, would you go there? my first qs would be, why are they not taking the chance to go up?

i watched seddon in a practice match a few weeks ago, not sure who they played, but they looked solid, batting and bowling. and after playing against them last season, and seing the 2s the next day, could see they where looking out for the team playing finals.
Well good news so far, rd 1 is going ahead now we just need the weather to hold off til tonight so we can all get our covers down

roy

Fair points - can't argue with much here.

As ppl 've pointed out here before, everyone is allowed to have an opinion and no probs with that.

i disaggreed with your previous post but all good mate, we all have a differnt way of looking @ things.

PS - No you're correct i wouldn't (and many competitive Cricketers same) go to a club refusing to go up a grade but happy to go down - in Avo's defence struggling with $$'s that's explains their position and
beauty of VTCA clubs can do that, get their house in order in lower grades and when ready jump up.

And sunshine ycw aren't as bad as what they were in the vtca they lost players because they didn't want to travel they are a decent bunch of guys and have some good cricketers...

Sunshine YCW lost outright in a one day game. Made 48 in first inninsg and 35 in second innings Altona Rooster 5/97.
Sunshine YCW gave walkover in there seconds.

Sunshine YCW lost outright in a one day game. Made 48 in first inninsg and 35 in second innings Altona Rooster 5/97.
Sunshine YCW gave walkover in there seconds.
Yeah I saw that I played with them a few years back... They weren't that bad but obviously have lost all of there better players

so round 1 is complete, and some interesting results, and round of events

altona roosters v sunshine ycw........ ycw are just not up to this level of cricket.
seabrook v avondaale a toss of the coin decision, and we ended with a tie.
seddon v st andrews. closer then first thought. wheres st a's bloke, would like to know what happened, read a seddon players post on facebook, and they where disgusted in the behaviour, you interested in commenting from a st andrews perspective?

I just spoke to a guy from ycw and asked what happened on the weekend and one of the guys had his bucks Saturday so 9 of the 1s players didn't play, so they should make a better account of themselves this week...

Back