North A And B

so round 1 is complete, and some interesting results, and round of events

altona roosters v sunshine ycw........ ycw are just not up to this level of cricket.
seabrook v avondaale a toss of the coin decision, and we ended with a tie.
seddon v st andrews. closer then first thought. wheres st a's bloke, would like to know what happened, read a seddon players post on facebook, and they where disgusted in the behaviour, you interested in commenting from a st andrews perspective?

They can say whatever they like. Didnt help the umpire was over the game halfway through or else the keeper from Seddon would hav been reported from the abuse coming from his mouth. Seddon captain had to apologise for the keeper's behaviour. Prolly sounded worse because we had the support on the boundary line whereas Seddon did not (i think they were in the rooms across the road)
Lookin at the favourites for the flag, there recruits had a really off day with the bat, the srl lankan aint much of a bowler. Unless they are missing a few, would not hav won north B last season, we should hav won on the weekend, hit over sqaure leg guy made 60 and their slow bowlers really restricted us. All in all, we werent far away from them.

They can say whatever they like. Didnt help the umpire was over the game halfway through or else the keeper from Seddon would hav been reported from the abuse coming from his mouth. Seddon captain had to apologise for the keeper's behaviour. Prolly sounded worse because we had the support on the boundary line whereas Seddon did not (i think they were in the rooms across the road)
Lookin at the favourites for the flag, there recruits had a really off day with the bat, the srl lankan aint much of a bowler. Unless they are missing a few, would not hav won north B last season, we should hav won on the weekend, hit over sqaure leg guy made 60 and their slow bowlers really restricted us. All in all, we werent far away from them.

what a load of rubbish!! you caused the problem to get worse, by giving blokes send offs, and then blatantly cheated. have you not been told, that if u charge a slow bowler and still out of ur crease, its called being stumped! and do you call support, abusing the fieldsmen as they go field the ball? what about ur own actions when you where asked to get off the field from ur "oh so wondefull square leg umpiring" refusing to go, then wanting to punch on. i also remember hodgart telling you, and all ur supporters that you are just disgracing urself and the club with the way you all acted..

Having played in the match myself. I didn't think the supporting was that bad. I have played in worse
Sure the guy was out stumped, but you get over it and move on, just makes the square leg umpire look like a fool.
Had a chat to some of the St.Andrews blokes after the match and a beer. Was all forgotten about

I have played against both Seddon and St Andrews teams previously and both give as good as they can take i reckon.
if it's the same Seddon wicket Keeper from the last couple of years then it does not surprise me he was in the thick of the action. big mouth little ability.

NORTH A1 SELECTIONS:

Round 2
15 Oct, 22 Oct(1:00 PM) Moonee Valley v Aberfeldie Ormond Park View
15 Oct, 22 Oct(1:00 PM) Aberfeldie Park v East Keilor Aberfeldie Park(East) View
15 Oct, 22 Oct(1:00 PM) Flemington v St Albans Walter Street Reserve View
15 Oct, 22 Oct(1:00 PM) Jacana v Taylors Lakes Jacana Reserve View
15 Oct, 22 Oct(1:00 PM) Laverton v Werribee Centrals Laverton Park View

MV at home should account for Aberfeldie. Im told MV's imports will be available after this round so if they are 2 from 2 without there 2 imports thats a good start to the year for them.

EK to beat Aberfeldie Park.

St Albans to beat Flemington. With Clutton now the main man at St Albans he may take plenty this season.

Jacana V TL, could go either way.

Laverton to smash Centrals. It looks like Centrals batting has not improved.

lenny

NORTH B1

Round 2
15 Oct, 22 Oct(1:00 PM) Glenroy v West Coburg Sewell Reserve View
15 Oct, 22 Oct(1:00 PM) East Coburg v St Andrews Pascoe Vale Brearley Reserve View
15 Oct, 22 Oct(1:00 PM) Pascoe Vale Sports Club v Maribyrnong Park St Marys De Chene Reserve View
15 Oct, 22 Oct(1:00 PM) Craigieburn v Haig Fawkner DS Aitken Reserve View
15 Oct, 22 Oct(1:00 PM) Merlynston Hadfield v St Francis de Sales Hallam Reserve View

Glenroy to beat West

St Andrews to beat East

MPSM to beat PV

Craigieburn to beat Haig

St Francis to beat Merlo

Lenny

WEST B1

Round 2
15 Oct, 22 Oct(1:00 PM) Barkly Street Uniting v Sunshine Heights Maribynong Reserve View
15 Oct, 22 Oct(1:00 PM) St Andrews v Seabrook Pennell Reserve View
15 Oct, 22 Oct(1:00 PM) Avondale Heights v Sunshine YCW Canning Street Res... View
15 Oct, 22 Oct(1:00 PM) Altona Roosters v Kingsville Baptists Altona Meadows Res... View
15 Oct, 22 Oct(1:00 PM) BYE v Seddon View

Barkly St to def Heights

St Andrews to smash Seabrook

AH to def Sunshine YCW

Roosters to def Kingy Bapts

Lenny

I just spoke to a guy from ycw and asked what happened on the weekend and one of the guys had his bucks Saturday so 9 of the 1s players didn't play, so they should make a better account of themselves this week...
1st of all , is that why thief pitch didn't come up because they had players away & they thought they''d get a make up game? Hmm. Then there was a small rain delay , and NOT 1 of Them wanted to try to get a game up. Either way- their make up side was bowled out in 24 overs to start with- batted horrendously. Then after our stand in skipper made an awesome declaration, it left them 17 overs (or 50 runs to make to get in front) to try to bat out to save an enormous embarrassing situation- where u get ur pants pulled down & lose outright in a rain reduced 55 game! The way those guys batted in the 2nd innings ( apart from the last wicket pair who played straight for the last 6overs fighting) was disgusting! No pride in thier team/club/own performance . They swung at EVERYTHING with 17 overs left defending outright. UFB

haha sounds about right! they have already won first innings points in this weekends game so there is obviously a massive difference between there first 11 players and the rest??

It's irreverent about talent between the 1s and the. 2s players. How pride & determination , from not embarrassing yourself 1st of all. Forget about being outclassed, if I was one of their teamates I would of been disgusted with their effort- appalling. 4 seasons ago our 2's were put up in the churches 1's comp because they only had 5teams. Every1 said we would finsh dead last and lose outright every week. Well were outclassed every single game, still won 2games finshed 5th for the year and NEVER put on an effort or performance like that. It was staggering. bowled out in 24overs is a terrible day, to lose your 2innings all out in 17 overs .... Well I'm lost for words

what a load of rubbish!! you caused the problem to get worse, by giving blokes send offs, and then blatantly cheated. have you not been told, that if u charge a slow bowler and still out of ur crease, its called being stumped! and do you call support, abusing the fieldsmen as they go field the ball? what about ur own actions when you where asked to get off the field from ur "oh so wondefull square leg umpiring" refusing to go, then wanting to punch on. i also remember hodgart telling you, and all ur supporters that you are just disgracing urself and the club with the way you all acted..
your a d***head. you blokes thought you were certainties and when you were challenged you's dirtied up. with our opening bowler and 1st change bowler and 2 batsmen out lot of talk pre season still got alot to prove

so round 1 is complete, and some interesting results, and round of events

altona roosters v sunshine ycw........ ycw are just not up to this level of cricket.
seabrook v avondaale a toss of the coin decision, and we ended with a tie.
seddon v st andrews. closer then first thought. wheres st a's bloke, would like to know what happened, read a seddon players post on facebook, and they where disgusted in the behaviour, you interested in commenting from a st andrews perspective?
Had seddon on toast but just couldnt close out there innings. They had 1 batsmen van something that had a very lucky 60 odd that probably won them the game. Imports were poor with the bat on the day but look like they can play, had 2 spinners that bowled well and restricted us from scoring. Not as strong as everyone first thought

been a bit quiet here lately, how did all the games go today in north a and b?

I watched East Keilor vs Laverton today at Overland Reserve. Great batting display by the Laverton middle and lower order in recovering from 5/29 to be all out for 287 with Swallow making 124 with some help by Brown, Logan, O'Brien and R Baker to guide them to victory after O'Briens 8/82 last week. Arrowsmith for East Keilor is quite a lively type and is quite a good bowler in this grade.

Can answer your question re Haig. They are the real deal, have picked up a stack of good players including the opening bowler, quickest bowler ive faced in 25 years of playing senior cricket and a couple of gun bats. I always rated Parker the best bat in the comp the last few years but Haigs number 3 is better and going to make some big scores when he gets used to our decks. Both those blokes should be playing Senior VTCA so they will dominate North B1

Pacco are also real deal. If you look at last weeks scorecard you'll see alot of new names and that only 5 batted and they all made 20+ runs! How often does that happen? Shame I chose this year to take a break...

Back