North A And B

lettuce head illiterate.

pardon ?

this year not even in the 4, last year finished out of the 4 in North B behind a 2nd XI side for Greenvale who were in the same grade the year before they finished a long last in North A winning 1 game for the year

facts are facts, compared to what is a fair while ago now Av Heights are going bad

pardon ?

this year not even in the 4, last year finished out of the 4 in North B behind a 2nd XI side for Greenvale who were in the same grade the year before they finished a long last in North A winning 1 game for the year

facts are facts, compared to what is a fair while ago now Av Heights are going bad

Which just goes to prove, whoever spends the most $$$'s wins. Cashed up AH a few years ago playing finals , money runs out and there goes Jeffries,Albers and co....
Keeps going around in circles, the clubs that are up and about now are the one's spending $$$'s, I'll bet my left knacker these clubs will be struggling in 5-8 years time. Seddon classic example.

pardon ?

LOL. Observant young fellow. Hey what?

Which just goes to prove, whoever spends the most $$$'s wins. Cashed up AH a few years ago playing finals , money runs out and there goes Jeffries,Albers and co....
Keeps going around in circles, the clubs that are up and about now are the one's spending $$$'s, I'll bet my left knacker these clubs will be struggling in 5-8 years time. Seddon classic example.
Gee we didn't know that. So teach your grand mother how to suck eggs.

True $ matters, but with AH ONLY Albers + Jeffrey left because of $$'s. Although both may chose to differ.

Others left because of retirement/getting on in years and lack of quality juniors to replace 'em.

Sadly some of their talented young fellas are going around in Subbies and district ranks.

I am not knocking AH here, only stating facts. Right now take Albers out of Aber Park and Jeffries out of FU and both those teams would not win a game. So taking both out of 1 team is devastating.
Take the best player out of any team in the VTCA, don't replace them and that team will struggle - That is Fact.
Unfortunately Cricket has gone down the footy path, Loyalty and playing for the Club(enjoyment) in the 1's is a rare commodity these days. At lease AH have juniors and 4 senior teams still going, so they are doing very well compared to a lot of other clubs

great responses Dingo, lettuce heads and sucking eggs

thanks for your learned contributions
pardon ?

Dunno what's going on there but they have been in the doldrums since the NTH A 2008/09 granny loss to Keilor Park.

Got relegated the next year and in a weak NTH B and now even weaker West B light years away from looking like
going up. Hope they fare better than Albion CC, both refused promotion to NTH Division after winning a flag and runners up respectively. Albion no longer exist and AH barely registering a pulse.

Standard of cricket in NTH A isn't that great either aprat from Laverton and St Albans (except their batters).
M.Albers Park sitting 3rd & TLakes 4th both average lineups at best but looks like will contest the finals!

FUNited and Tulla front runners from last year struggling somewhat in a higher grade,even with spending $$'s, illustrates the weakening standard in NTH A as well.

In past promoted NTH A sides in senior A used to contest 4 finals almost straight away.

I am not knocking AH here, only stating facts. Right now take Albers out of Aber Park and Jeffries out of FU and both those teams would not win a game. So taking both out of 1 team is devastating.
Take the best player out of any team in the VTCA, don't replace them and that team will struggle - That is Fact.
Unfortunately Cricket has gone down the footy path, Loyalty and playing for the Club(enjoyment) in the 1's is a rare commodity these days. At lease AH have juniors and 4 senior teams still going, so they are doing very well compared to a lot of other clubs

Spot on!

Avo lost their top 4 players in two years, M dodds and their import being the other two.
Don't replace 'em and you end up in west B doing well to keep ur head above water Capiche!

Yep youv'e nailed it. Nine years ago Avo was down to just one junior team, 2 senior teams A grade and B grade in Nth A comp and they trained on thursdays. For most training consisted of having a bat and a bowl, then heading off to the bar for an ale or two. No fielding.
Since then we have re built our juniors and currently have around 60 registered seniors all of whom are enjoying there cricket.
Whilst we are not very competitive all our sides are winning some games enough to keep the players interested.

With no juniors coming through and 15 senior retirements in the space of 2 years devastated the club. Which nobody expected.
The club was forced to recruit seniors from without. Suares. Jeffries, Albers and Kamburugamawa all came as professionals and as such moved on when better offers presented themselves. They were always professionals. Excellent cricketers who commanded serious dollars for there services. No hard feelings when they moved on.

In the meantime, we'll keep rebuilding the club.

Avo - the Colonel is 86.5 years old and still opening the bowling (2nd XI) ! Talk about committed to cricket/his club
:D
Hi there Fatman. Who's that gorgeous little chicken in your avatar. Re my age, reverse the 6 and the 8 please , then deduct 2. My bowling has gone to the pack and my batting is even worse. Can't seem to take a wicket these days. I think I can hear the grim reaper approaching.Hows your batting?

True $ matters, but with AH ONLY Albers + Jeffrey left because of $$'s. Although both may chose to differ.

Others left because of retirement/getting on in years and lack of quality juniors to replace 'em.

Sadly some of their talented young fellas are going around in Subbies and district ranks.
Five of our juniors whom we expected to play in our A grade have moved on to subbies and premier which is fair enough. Another has put himself out to pasture and four others are playing football and no cricket. Ten in all. O well thems the breaks. They'll be back one day.

That's my youngest Dingo.
I'm captain coach this year and has been very challenging to say the least. Like one of my friends says "You can't polish a turd". We dropped out of A Grade (due to lack of quality) and have been struggling of late (lost last 5 games in a row). I didn't keep the last game before Xmas and decided to tweak a few down, took 4 and did my knee (ligament). I'm still playing but really shouldn't be, have to have a MRI soon to see extent of damage. My batting is woeful this year. Runs 100, top score 38 and averaging only 11 whereas last year I made over 400 in A Grade. What can I say - shit gets wickets.

Has anyone heard of MV new quickie apprantly very sharp miles quicker than edrich and clutton!!!!!!
Didn't get wicket against east keilor but keilor boys were telling ball was flying of edges, east keilor batsman had no idea and neither the slips as edges went through slips and keeper was struggling to catch it aswell, i think he dropped couple too and he was standing more than 25 yards back!!!! Let's see how he goes!!!
I hear that he bowled very well on the weekend and took 5 wickets, and was on a hat trick. Is it true that he bowled a bouncer and hit the guy breaking his helmet?

I hear that he bowled very well on the weekend and took 5 wickets, and was on a hat trick. Is it true that he bowled a bouncer and hit the guy breaking his helmet?

So he should in NTH A!
is he the 20 year old left armer with half a dozen first class games (is that right?) to his name, if so then he should be ripping sides apart in VTCA.
No wickets against East Keilor not an ideal start.

Hows chunk, did he retire hurt because of the hit on the head, surely the old timer didn't expect to cop this sorta stuff
in NTH A. Wouldn't wanna face a young first classs quickie on a doggy deck.

So he should in NTH A!
is he the 20 year old left armer with half a dozen first class games (is that right?) to his name, if so then he should be ripping sides apart in VTCA.

Hows chunk, did he retire hurt because of the hit on the head, surely the old timer didn't expect to cop this sorta stuff
i'm only going off what i heard roy and that in mind he is not the only quick in the nth A comp. I think its great to have a quality play in that comp as every club in nth A is trying to achieve a goal of playing senior div. I would love to have him in my side like i am sure most would

That's my youngest Dingo.
I'm captain coach this year and has been very challenging to say the least. Like one of my friends says "You can't polish a turd". We dropped out of A Grade (due to lack of quality) and have been struggling of late (lost last 5 games in a row). I didn't keep the last game before Xmas and decided to tweak a few down, took 4 and did my knee (ligament). I'm still playing but really shouldn't be, have to have a MRI soon to see extent of damage. My batting is woeful this year. Runs 100, top score 38 and averaging only 11 whereas last year I made over 400 in A Grade. What can I say - shit gets wickets.
Good to see you've taken up coaching. With your wide experience in cricket I'm sure you'll have lots of tips to pass on to the young fellas. Sorry to hear your not amongst the runs this year.Perhaps playing in a lower grade there's less respect for the bowling. As I recall you were a pretty handy leg spinner. Hope things turn around soon for you.

Whats happened to Radar at footscray United. His batting seems to have slipped, Whats going on there?

So he should in NTH A!

I notice Chunk didn't bowl any of the 25 overs left in the day. Maybe he had one king size head ache. LOL.

Back