North A And B

interesting spray there....having been one of those supposed "chockers" until very recently I think your comments are a bit unjust there NUDE NUT...there will be enough pressure on all these new recruits along with the people that have decided to go down the path of recruiting them without the above comments needing to be made...they'll live or die by these decisions and good luck to them...

certainly look forward to playing them thru the year

anyone got any movements for West B? Coaches moving on, players moving around? Point Cook and ANA in the comp? I assume they and Werribee Centrals come to our section.

anyone got any movements for West B? Coaches moving on, players moving around? Point Cook and ANA in the comp? I assume they and Werribee Centrals come to our section.
Flemington come down to West B as well, two up, two down. West Newport supposedly crossing from Willy comp as well, making a 12 team comp, unless North sides are sent over to South to cover clubs leaving over there.

Flemington come down to West B as well, two up, two down. West Newport supposedly crossing from Willy comp as well, making a 12 team comp, unless North sides are sent over to South to cover clubs leaving over there.

re West Newport........not what ive heard

Talk around the VTCA sides in the west is that they were crossing back. Though you'd think West would want to play higher than West B, they'd be much better than the sides playing down there.

wont happen this year but soon enough the WDCA will be all in Vtca & will all start at the bottom

welcome back phil

WERRIBEE Centrals have gone 'back to the future' to find their new coach in the Victorian Turf Cricket Association.
The Centurions cut short their experiment with an overseas coach last summer and held discussions with former player-coach Phil Crea about a return to Shaws Road.
Centurions president Alan Harper said he could not happier with the appointment.
"When he was at the club, it was a good place to be," he said. "He's a good coach, demands respect and he's not shy to tell you how it is.

welcome back phil

WERRIBEE Centrals have gone 'back to the future' to find their new coach in the Victorian Turf Cricket Association.
The Centurions cut short their experiment with an overseas coach last summer and held discussions with former player-coach Phil Crea about a return to Shaws Road.
Centurions president Alan Harper said he could not happier with the appointment.
"When he was at the club, it was a good place to be," he said. "He's a good coach, demands respect and he's not shy to tell you how it is.
If he comes back to Canning Street again, he would want to keep his mouth shut. There's a couple of blokes there who want to take him out and thats before he even makes it on to the ground. He's not the only one with a bit of mongrel.

Talk around the VTCA sides in the west is that they were crossing back. Though you'd think West would want to play higher than West B, they'd be much better than the sides playing down there.
The vtca exec would be quite open to any proposal that west may put forward as to which grade they would enter. However there are a few scenarios to consider first.

Just looked at the 2012-13 fixtures for North A1, what are East Keilor still doing there? Are they after back to back premierships? Surely they would have wanted to play in the North section after their two big wins in last years finals.
Just looked at my rule book and it says in rule E2.6 that, " The grand finalists of North A1 shall be promoted to the next highest senior section." It doesn't say that only the runner up gets promoted.

I feel bad for them but plenty of clubs have won flags and had players leave as theyve achieved what they needed to. If they come out and win again then it is definetly "not in the spirit" as our association is defined by relegation & promotion as one of our key pillars.

Anyway lets hope they sort it all out and can have a successful season.

I've seen Footy teams that only have a " payroll" of 30-50k max" win a flag in div 2 , that don't want to go up cause they just can't compete with the average team, let alone top teams 150-250k. But is there seriouly that much diff in north div from north a? Either way I don't care, u win a flag , then go u and get smashed every game , so be it. 1 great season, u take the crap season & move on. & yes if they even make finals in north A , then it's a disgrace

I've seen Footy teams that only have a " payroll" of 30-50k max" win a flag in div 2 , that don't want to go up cause they just can't compete with the average team, let alone top teams 150-250k. But is there seriouly that much diff in north div from north a? Either way I don't care, u win a flag , then go u and get smashed every game , so be it. 1 great season, u take the crap season & move on. & yes if they even make finals in north A , then it's a disgrace
You may well be right Pots, however the conundrum the vtca exec are faced with is do they exceed to the clubs wishes to stay down due to the mass exodus causing there weakness or do the exec enforce the rule to go up. Knowing full well that most clubs that play them in a 2 dayer would more than likely pick up outright points at the expence of those clubs unfortunate enough to get them in a one-dayer.

I hear you dingo, & it's a great point. I just think if there's not a hard & fast rule, it can be opened to manipulation. Who knows, even with good players gone, u may just find some Players step up.

I hear you dingo, & it's a great point. I just think if there's not a hard & fast rule, it can be opened to manipulation. Who knows, even with good players gone, u may just find some Players step up.

Pots why isnt your avatar a Pot of Beer.
I agree if a commitee can pull out all stops and put together a premiership side then they should be able to back up with a decent side less a gun or two. You never know were the next club legend will come from. I am sure they have a decent junior program.Lots of people have risen when in the face of adversity.

sad news about St Albans opening bat Matt Montebello passing away this week
the kid could certainly bat and had untapped ability

Its always sad when someone dies, let alone in the circumstances surrounding him. He must have been a severely depressed man. I pass on my condolences to the St Albans CC and to his family

Back