North A & B

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: North A & B

Selma Bouvier;314694 said:
Fizzer we're all still waiting to hear which club your from champ?

G'Day Selma, i am still waiting for you u tell us all how many of ur first 11 did u pay to bring to ur club G$$nval$.

i just believe it's not a level playing field for other clubs.

Cover_Drive;314877 said:
I reckon MV rely way too heavily on Arosha and for mine, Aber Park and Werribee would be the Faves. They are more even and less reliant on certain blokes.

To this week. My picks are:

Craigieburn[/B] v Seabrook - Craigieburn in a closer than expected contest

Flemington v Aberfeldie Park - Aber Park easy

Hoppers Crossing v Werribee Centrals - Werribee in an outright that could end in the 1 day if they bowl 1st

Moonee Valley v Jacana - Valley in a canter at the Valley

Pretty good round of cricket actually
I hope hoppers picked that guy E.X.Tras...he top scored in both innings last time the two sides met!

ROY G BIV;314882 said:
G'Day Selma, i am still waiting for you u tell us all how many of ur first 11 did u pay to bring to ur club G$$nval$.

i just believe it's not a level playing field for other clubs.

two and youve had the facts on the rest from previous posts. Feel free to let us all know now

Son of a Gun;314463 said:
This should definitely change. Our rules should always follow what's happening at the international / domestic level.

Do you want to add power plays as well Son of a Gun?

How big is the Aberfeldie result given the likelyhood of playing this weekend looking remote with the weather forecasters tipping 40 on Saturday. The result if there is no play this week will surely see Abers finish in North B next, well deserved I might add. You can't win 3 games in 3 years and expect to stay in the grade you are playing. It might be what the club needs, get back to basics get rid of what the problems have been and move on and try and build a side and club that earns a bot of respect!

News Breaker;314731 said:
Hello Gents

Some breaking news for you all. Have heard around the traps that Kingsville Cricket Club could be looking to come back into North B1 & B2 next year, as alot of the boys miss playing in the VTCA, which was a well organised comp.

Also reports are Kingsville had built up good respect and friendships with quite a few clubs in B1 & B2.

We shall see what transpires next year, when more news comes my way.

Until then good cricket to you all.

Turn it up,they just left the VTCA + they've won 2 games in the weakest comp in Melbourne so far this year WTF????????:confused:

Guru14;316206 said:
How big is the Aberfeldie result given the likelyhood of playing this weekend looking remote with the weather forecasters tipping 40 on Saturday. The result if there is no play this week will surely see Abers finish in North B next, well deserved I might add. You can't win 3 games in 3 years and expect to stay in the grade you are playing. It might be what the club needs, get back to basics get rid of what the problems have been and move on and try and build a side and club that earns a bot of respect!

Guru I couldnt agree with you more re them going to Nth B but how do you work out there result has any effect ?

they play Seddon and Albion in the last 2 rounds so if no games this week due to heat then its going to be those 2 teams that suffer and not Aberfeldie as both of them are in semi-winning positions

play goes on and Aberfedie are shut out, play is called off and they actually have caught up some points this week to a few of the others

if Im not seeing it correctly please outline it for me ??

He who knows best;316229 said:
Guru I couldnt agree with you more re them going to Nth B but how do you work out there result has any effect ?

they play Seddon and Albion in the last 2 rounds so if no games this week due to heat then its going to be those 2 teams that suffer and not Aberfeldie as both of them are in semi-winning positions

play goes on and Aberfedie are shut out, play is called off and they actually have caught up some points this week to a few of the others

if Im not seeing it correctly please outline it for me ??

Correct me if I'm wrong but don't they get bonus points plus 3 for the draw where Abers having already lost on first innings will get bonus points only. That would mean the other clubs will be 3 better than Abers. All in the balance with the weather though. Albion have found a new lease on life with the smell of relegation in the air, great effort against a side every one has in their top four

Guru14;316329 said:
Correct me if I'm wrong but don't they get bonus points plus 3 for the draw where Abers having already lost on first innings will get bonus points only. That would mean the other clubs will be 3 better than Abers. All in the balance with the weather though. Albion have found a new lease on life with the smell of relegation in the air, great effort against a side every one has in their top four

Guru in my time playing i cannot recall a complete days paly being called off due to extreme heat rule.

If that happens this week than it will be the first. Cutt Off is 37 or 38 Celsius and predicted this sat is 40C.

What are the odds of this sat being called off if temps are 40C? District and subbbies get called off too or different rules apply.

Rule is that when the temp hits 38' in Melbourne city, you walk off the field untill such time that it falls back under. So if its under 38 at 1:00 then play starts and continues untill it gets to 38', then you walk off. I cant see the whole day being called off when it might only be a period of time that it is actually over 38'.

What in the blazers;316399 said:
Rule is that when the temp hits 38' in Melbourne city, you walk off the field untill such time that it falls back under. So if its under 38 at 1:00 then play starts and continues untill it gets to 38', then you walk off. I cant see the whole day being called off when it might only be a period of time that it is actually over 38'.

Yep that's what i would've thought will happen.

So was a bit surprised to read the whole days play may be in danger- on this thread.

Tipping not many would be turning up to train today and thursday evening.

Yeah its a better rule than say MMVCA have, I think their policy is if the forcast temp is X then all play is called off for the day, even if the temp might only get to 25' because a cool change came through early. Our rule see us only lose the amount of time the temp is above 38'.

ROY G BIV;316396 said:
Guru in my time playing i cannot recall a complete days paly being called off due to extreme heat rule.

If that happens this week than it will be the first. Cutt Off is 37 or 38 Celsius and predicted this sat is 40C.

What are the odds of this sat being called off if temps are 40C? District and
subbbies get called off too or different rules apply.

THERE IS NO HEAT RULE IN DISTRICT OR SUBBIES.........thats how it should be,cricket is a summer sport+ heat rules are a disgrace...........Why do we have them all of sudden??? If people cant handle the heat,retire and go to a cool pubtab!!!!:mad:

Looks like a very long day saturday sitting around waiting for the temp to drop below 38 without having a beer :mad:

7/564;316914 said:
Looks like a very long day saturday sitting around waiting for the temp to drop below 38 without having a beer :mad:

I don't why guys won't accept that a whole days play could be lost on Saturday given the forecast. Even of there was 3 hours lost due to the temp being over 38 there would be very few games that would achieve a result. I don't understand this excessive heat rule, why play cricket in summer if we are worried when it gets too hot. If the correct procedure is set in place ie drinks, sunscreen etc, surely cricket should be played regardless of the temp. I'm sure there would be plenty of blokes around each club who played when there was no such thing as a heat rule and they're still around. If there was an issue with someone's health then he/she has not prepared in the right way with plenty of fluids etc.

Next there will be a minimum temp rule for football so no one catches a cold..... give me a break

Guru14;317001 said:
I don't why guys won't accept that a whole days play could be lost on Saturday given the forecast. Even of there was 3 hours lost due to the temp being over 38 there would be very few games that would achieve a result. I don't understand this excessive heat rule, why play cricket in summer if we are worried when it gets too hot. If the correct procedure is set in place ie drinks, sunscreen etc, surely cricket should be played regardless of the temp. I'm sure there would be plenty of blokes around each club who played when there was no such thing as a heat rule and they're still around. If there was an issue with someone's health then he/she has not prepared in the right way with plenty of fluids etc.

Next there will be a minimum temp rule for football so no one catches a cold..... give me a break

lol....read my mind there guru.
I had the same thought cross my mind, what if footy was off lets say unless the temp was above 5 Celcius.

Don't get me worng extreme heat can have detrimental affect on ones health, so i am not making fun of the whole rule/situation but it's same for everyone...it's seems nowadays folks just want excuses not to get on the park and play little bit of sports.

Albion V St Bernards Granny there was some controversy when play i think 2nd half of the day was called off due to heat rule...now that was silly...but it happened. But i think we'll get on this week, how long depends on the participants and the umpires ofcourse. good luck to everone in the field.

ROY G BIV;317036 said:
lol....read my mind there guru.
I had the same thought cross my mind, what if footy was off lets say unless the temp was above 5 Celcius.

Don't get me worng extreme heat can have detrimental affect on ones health, so i am not making fun of the whole rule/situation but it's same for everyone...it's seems nowadays folks just want excuses not to get on the park and play little bit of sports.

Albion V St Bernards Granny there was some controversy when play i think 2nd half of the day was called off due to heat rule...now that was silly...but it happened. But i think we'll get on this week, how long depends on the participants and the umpires ofcourse. good luck to everone in the field.
Forecast now only 35 degrees...so stop whinging.

Forecast for Saturday
Sunny. Light winds tending southwesterly up to 30 km/h during the afternoon.

CitySunny day.Min24 Max35

Red Ink No.8;317110 said:
Forecast now only 35 degrees...so stop whinging.

Forecast for Saturday
Sunny. Light winds tending southwesterly up to 30 km/h during the afternoon.

CitySunny day.Min24 Max35

wooooooooooooooooooohhhhhoooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

some mammoth results over the weekend

Parkville beat AV heights and put them out of the 4 for the first time all year

Albion look like getting away from the relegation race with an OUTRIGHT over GREENVALE

Less than 1 point seperates 4th/5th/6th

Abers 100% to be relegated now after the Albion result while anyone from East Keilor/Albion/Seddon could still somehow manage to find themselves saying bye bye to North B

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back