North A & B

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: North A & B

demon;333606 said:
ROY G BIV;333582 said:
So are gr$$navl$, Kp and AH.

Agree Tulla as club has done well since joining VTCA.
BUt you hvae to rember the likes of werribe centrals, aberfeldie aslo had reasonable success as clubs in NTH B but didn't fire a shot in A.

Parkville also won flags in B but only ocassinally (maybe once)made finals in A and at times had ordinary seasons so you can't rest on your laurels in Nth B.

Tulla coimng into finals with bad losses to Gr$$$$$ and unfortunate EastKeilor who finished 3rd last and may be in NTH b next year.

So pal your biggest conern should be not ending the season with 3 losses,
and as far as you playing in the finals do u think Tulla would've made the finals without u?[/
QUOTE]

did i say i played for tulla, sorry where did i say that, all i said was Im playing finals this week, U just assumed i was from tulla.
Do u call sitting on top of the ladder not firing a shot. Finals only count right ??? well you have to be able to win during the year to play finals. So id say they fired a few shots. Only shooting blanks in the last 2 rounds
So yeah they would of and did make the finals without me cause i dont even play there, i just reckon you and 2time and all the other people on here, love bagging them becasue you probably got smashed by them, and it hurts when a side beats you on the park and in the head. They seem to win quite regularly, from what Ive seen on mycricket. they had a down year last year, Ill give you that. But this year they look the goods again.

re: "didn't fire a shot"..i was refering to werribee and abers+ couple of others.

Didn't say tulla didn't fire a shot this year.

For a bloke who says he is playing finals and is competing against Tulla u seem to be very defensive of them. The reason ppl don't have any respect for tulla is their pathetic onfield behaviour, as oppose to Gr$$nval$ who play hard on the field and win more often than Tulla in recent years but most palyers who represent them are able to gain the respect of their opponents by the way they conduct temselves on/off the field.

demon;333593 said:
1st , and i havent seen my name in here once so i must be one of the nice blokes. Or quiet ones. hahaha if you only knew.
it will be interesting to see what happens if it rains tonight and early 2morrow, what to do if you win the toss. ??? Being the lower of the 2 teams on the ladder, do u bat first and declare ???

Depends on how bad the deck is i suppose. Depends on your strengths, if you bowl well & the decks got a bit in it have a crack & chase down 160 odd. If you bat well tough it out for the first 20 odd, put a good score on the board & bowl to a plan. If you bat second & the deck has been chopped up a bit you could be in strife. You could loose the toss & it won't matter but if she's wet there could be some trouble. Blanchet & the AH import could be a bit hairy, Pizza on a wet one could be worse due to his accuracy. The bats are going to have to work hard early... If you finish lower i would send them in & take a punt on the deck being a bit dicey early & hopefully by 4ish a bit better to bat on.

7/564;333598 said:
I would be bowling first.

If no play on sat its a one day game on Sunday.

Then its anyones game

is that 7fa because someone on here told me it can't be a one day game- just a division of overs played?

Guru14;333632 said:
is that 7fa because someone on here told me it can't be a one day game- just a division of overs played?

If the sat is washed out its def a one day game on Sunday.

I no a few years ago it got washed out after we had battered for 60 overs on the sat.

we had to bat on the Sunday for 10 overs to make it a 70 over game not sure if this rule still applies.

But the one day part is correct its stated in the semi-final rule

Guru14;333632 said:

Same thing Guru - if one day is washed out, you divide the remaining 80 and get 40 each....

Originally Posted by demon
1st , and i havent seen my name in here once so i must be one of the nice blokes. Or quiet ones. hahaha if you only knew.
it will be interesting to see what happens if it rains tonight and early 2morrow, what to do if you win the toss. ??? Being the lower of the 2 teams on the ladder, do u bat first and declare ???

That sounds to me like you play for Tulla lol...

Explain how batting and declaring could possibly be better than bowling first ? Bizarre idea ?

7/564;333634 said:
If the sat is washed out its def a one day game on Sunday.

I no a few years ago it got washed out after we had battered for 60 overs on the sat.

we had to bat on the Sunday for 10 overs to make it a 70 over game not sure if this rule still applies.

But the one day part is correct its stated in the semi-final rule

I did think that

OK who do u reckon will be in th GF.

I made my tips after Rnd 10 i think and am sticking with them.

Both cracking games. GFinalist could be any combo of 4 not often u can say that.

Tulla V AH
Tulla should go in as Favs despite 2 consecutive losses. But i reckon AH will win.I tipped them after rnd 3 to be the wildcard this year and i reckon if they get past Tulla this could be their season. They have been written off most games this year so given that i respect what they have achieved.
Tulla deservingly finished top with their consistency, said this b4, Windrige has been the difference between last and this season look at his efforts agianst KP and AH both match winning innings + couple of other scores which helped Tulla wins during the season. It's not a coincidence that Tulla lost the last 2 games when Windy missed out.
Tull favs but underdogs Ah will get up. AH best chance should be to bat first even if overcast and make tulla chase anything from 190+, Tulla are capaable with WIndy,scott,Zahoro,roach, Zajac but AH bowler are better than Ek attack which rolled tulla fo 80+.

Kp V Gr$$nval$
i reckon overcast conditions here suit KP or atlest give Blanc + other bowlers more of a sniff against Gr$$nval$ top 4 bats. Despite the ability of big 4 they have more than once failed this year. Gr$$ favs

For KP to win i guess one scenario could be that they bat first and get a good score, bowling first there is a danger Gr$$ could simply bat u outta the game as they did Tulla n Kp in last 2 games. Bat first make around 200-250 & big wicket asap for as less damage as possible.

On the Edrich Vs Baker contest.............there is no contest. Edrich hands down. I wouldnt be surprised if Craigieburn get rolled very cheaply against WC with Edrich doing damage from both ends. Those surviving him will just go after the guy at the other end and most likey get out anyway.

The discussion on Tulla and Greenvales rise in Nth A brings out a salient point I believe- there isn't a hell of a alot between doing well in Nth B and doing well in Nth A. 1 or 2 quality cricketers is all that is needed to make the jump to competing for a Nth A finals spot. Look at Windridge at Tulla and then Pizaro and Innes at Greenvale. They are the additions to a Top Nth B team and now they are competing at the top of Nth A. Unfortunatley I think the times of clubs competing with homegrown talent or no paid players are gone as this just shows how much a difference a couple of quality players make to a teams status.

Predictions - I have a terrible feeling the weather may have a strong say in who gets through but :Nth A: Tulla over AH as I just think Tulla have better depth when it counts, Greenvale over KP probably for a similar reason but also KP seems to not be able to land that killer blow historically in finals.
Nth B: Werribee over Craigieburn with Craigieburn's strength, its batting capitulating out at Werribee. Aber Pk over MV as I doubt MV believe they can do it. Have also lacked the killer punch when it comes to finals and I don't think they have enough stars other than Perera to overcome Albers and co.

ROY G BIV;333628 said:
demon;333606 said:
re: "didn't fire a shot"..i was refering to werribee and abers+ couple of others.

Didn't say tulla didn't fire a shot this year.

For a bloke who says he is playing finals and is competing against Tulla u seem to be very defensive of them. The reason ppl don't have any respect for tulla is their pathetic onfield behaviour, as oppose to Gr$$nval$ who play hard on the field and win more often than Tulla in recent years but most palyers who represent them are able to gain the respect of their opponents by the way they conduct temselves on/off the field.

Mate when did i say i was competing against them, are you on the wacky tobaccy ???? Will you be playing for gr$$nval$ next year. Cause you seem to be in love with them. Or are you already there. where do you play, i bet its a bottom side. isnt it.

Guru14;333573 said:
Demon and others how about this rain! What effect will it have on the games and who is favoured now or has the rain changed your thinking in both a& b. Had a look at Moonee Valley yesterday while spider was rolling it in the rain:eek: and it looked greeeeeeeeeen!

Drove past it 20 mins ago. Looked like rolled mud.. amid from 100m away.

demon;333685 said:
Mate when did i say i was competing against them, are you on the wacky tobaccy ???? Will you be playing for gr$$nval$ next year. Cause you seem to be in love with them. Or are you already there. where do you play, i bet its a bottom side. isnt it.

your tips 4 d SF.

Tulla V Gr$$ with Tulla to win i hazard to preempt.

ROY G BIV;333649 said:
Tulla V AH
Tulla are capaable with WIndy,scott,Zahoro,roach, Zajac but AH bowler are better than Ek attack which rolled tulla fo 80+.

I thought it was Jayzac ;)

Linardon from EK took 8/29 against Tulla last week and I believe all those blokes listed were scalps of his. No doubting the AH attack is better but from what I've seen of Tulla they just have to be a bit more patient in the middle and try to get Nick to play straight in the opening overs to help them get off to a decent start.

What are your thoughts on Nick Zajac demon?

OnTheLookout;333643 said:
Originally Posted by demon

That sounds to me like you play for Tulla lol...

Explain how batting and declaring could possibly be better than bowling first ? Bizarre idea
?

hahaha you may be right, who knows.

If only 40-50 overs are played on saturday cause of rain would it be better to go for the hit and get 200 - 230, then declare at the end of the first day and give yourself 80 overs to bowl the other side out. or better to bat the extra 10 - 15 overs on sunday. When i think the higher side just has to bat the overs out to win. I dont know if thats the case, i was just putting it out there for comment.

Snagglepuss;333657 said:
The discussion on Tulla and Greenvales rise in Nth A brings out a salient point I believe- there isn't a hell of a alot between doing well in Nth B and doing well in Nth A. 1 or 2 quality cricketers is all that is needed to make the jump to competing for a Nth A finals spot. Look at Windridge at Tulla and then Pizaro and Innes at Greenvale. They are the additions to a Top Nth B team and now they are competing at the top of Nth A. Unfortunatley I think the times of clubs competing with homegrown talent or no paid players are gone as this just shows how much a difference a couple of quality players make to a teams status.

If you look at Tulla and GV since they have came up, Tulla have added Neilson, Windridge and Roach who are all quality cricketers with great skill while Greenvale have added Skidda Innes and Pizaro as well as having a few kids coming through and stepping up (Jones, Ranno).

Last year without GV's inclusions, they still romped home winning the GF on the first 2 days or early on the 3rd I believe and won outright by 10 wickets after being undefeated all season.

That being said, I think the gap is slightly wider than you think.

beached as;333696 said:
I thought it was Jayzac ;)

Linardon from EK took 8/29 against Tulla last week and I believe all those blokes listed were scalps of his. No doubting the AH attack is better but from what I've seen of Tulla they just have to be a bit more patient in the middle and try to get Nick to play straight in the opening overs to help them get off to a decent start.

What are your thoughts on Nick Zajac demon?

He made a 70 odd against greenvale a couple of weeks back, He needs to bat more like that if tulla are gonna go onto next week. As an opener, he needs to knuckle down for the first 10 -15 -20 overs to get himself really in, if he does that tulla are looking at a big score. Even though he did that against greenvale, the task was to big that day.

demon;333709 said:
He made a 70 odd against greenvale a couple of weeks back, He needs to bat more like that if tulla are gonna go onto next week. As an opener, he needs to knuckle down for the first 10 -15 -20 overs to get himself really in, if he does that tulla are looking at a big score. Even though he did that against greenvale, the task was to big that day.

I think your assessment is spot on demon. If he and Scott can step up in the finals then that will go a long way to bidding for a successful finals campaign.

so its a Keilor Park v Avondale grand final !!!

Greenvale's big guns all misfired chasing 130 - North A will be at least a 2 year incvoneneince for them as they chase world domination...

Tulla's late season meltdown continued - Irfan batted very well for Avo, whilst Scott covered himself in more shame, always entertaining for the neutral supporter !

Should be a good grand final - good luck to both sides, 2 teams of nice blokes !! I'll tip Avo on a hunch.. whichever imported quick fires will see his team home though.

ROY G BIV;333555 said:
G$$nvale the favs with their 4 bats, I reckon they would have maybe missed out on finals this year had they not Coaxed J kent back. Didn't play the first few games heard he was unhappy not captaing again and needed some convincing to play again?

Ha ha these comment top of an absolute belter of a yr fizzer for you. Congats this pearler has offically given you the Big Cricket Washing Machine award for spinning the most shyte in one season. It's kinda hard to play when you have a broken foot!!!! As I like to back my statements with facts feel free to wonder down to EDFL head quarters and pick up a copy of the GF where he limped off. We are all still waiting Fiz for your answer.

On a cricket note. Well done to KP. I think they will go all the way if the can get 180. Blanchett bowled 2 loose balls in 2 days. Home semi is a must next yr

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back