North A & B

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: North A & B

Guru14;356767 said:
If you take St Andrews, Kingy and Roosters out of the equation which appears to be the case, lets see:

Aberfeldie- Everyone knows what I think about their gifted run over the years
Aberfeldie Park- Could make it but I don't think they are ready. No juniors a huge problem.
Craigieburn- Moved in the right direction last year, need to consolidate in B
Jacana- Played in grand Final 2 years ago but lost (I think) every game after Christmas to miss the finals.
Flemington- Went backwards at a million miles last year, would be a waste of time with current cattle
Taylors Lakes- As Big Coq put it 'need to walk before they take all before them.

Will be very interesting to see which way the executive go it may be a very long season for a club who might not be ready for the jump. Let some of these sides earn the right to play higher, not just to have a 10 side comp cause it works better.

I am certain that Taylors Lakes have not played on turf before. Positive move by them to play in North B1. Applying for a spot in A1 is a big call since they have not played on turf before. The change from matting to turf is a big step. Its good for them to prove their worth before they consider about A1. Good luck to the TL guys if they are accepted into A1.

Most people around MV know who Guru is and I can tell you that he has no official link to MV. The numbers quoted by Wild Panda is just that, Wild. MV are recruting in area's where they feel they may have been a little short last year and will help them sucure a top 4 finish. Nobody has a crystal ball and only time will tell if we are successful or not. The best place to get official info on our club is via our website wich is updated all the time. MV were last year officialy named the largest cricket club in Victoria, we are going from strength to strength, have big plans that will hopefully come through in the next couple of years for big new rooms, and as somebody just said, who wouldnt want to play on our deck every second week. And we have one of the best junior programs around. There is a lot to look forward to.

ROY G BIV;356879 said:
OK that's fair enough.

In that case my first guess would've been Abers as well, manily b/c they need atleast 14 pages to justify why they should be saved from relegation the upteenth time(having sadi that i reckon with green on board they'll do OK if they remain in the much weakened NTH A). But since u r confident it wasn't then then my 2nd guess would be Taylors Lakes (is that the new club with 2/3 flags in NWCA matting) they seem to have a high opinion of themselves already, especially given they've not even faced a delivery in VTCA.

Abers have Clint Stuart as well don't forget

Massive get for the club :eek:

What in the blazers;357100 said:
Most people around MV know who Guru is and I can tell you that he has no official link to MV. The numbers quoted by Wild Panda is just that, Wild. MV are recruting in area's where they feel they may have been a little short last year and will help them sucure a top 4 finish. Nobody has a crystal ball and only time will tell if we are successful or not. The best place to get official info on our club is via our website wich is updated all the time. MV were last year officialy named the largest cricket club in Victoria, we are going from strength to strength, have big plans that will hopefully come through in the next couple of years for big new rooms, and as somebody just said, who wouldnt want to play on our deck every second week. And we have one of the best junior programs around. There is a lot to look forward to.

Apologies blazers just trying to see if guru had any idea what he was on about and threw him some out of control figures of payments to see what he was on about. Anybody who thinks the valley are anywhere near any figures quoted is quite simply an idiot.

With the way Moonee Valley are going youcould probably understand that people would want to denigrate the club and speak in rumours and half truths. Blazers is correct the best place to find official information about any club is from their website.

In fact looking at the moonee valley website I notice both lou raffale and mark gauci have been re-appointed to their respective roles. Which is a far cry from guru's previous ascertations that their was unrest at the club due their relationship.

Seems for some reason guru has a problem with the valley, and that's his right to have but his continual comment on the inner workings of the MVCC are not only tiresome they are for the most part completely baseless and rarely resemble any statement of fact.

At the VTCA meeting on Tues night, delegates were told that of the 5 that applied to go up to Nth A, they varied in styles from a 14 page powerpoint presentation to a 4 line letter. But they didnt mention who any of them were.

I agree that Nth A will be weaker than previous years simply because of the dilution of clubs having to move up. So I don't think Nth B clubs should be so worried about being able to compete up there. At the very least it would be a great learning experience.

Lastly I personally believe the aura around being able to compete when moving to turf from matting is a little overhyped. There are a number of good quality country leagues that play half season on matting, half on turf and even others that play on turf and matting each week because some clubs have turf and some don't. Don't get me wrong, there is an obvious difference when playing on the 2 but if you are a half decent cricketer you can adapt to both.
I think Moonee Valley played off in a GF in their first year on turf from memory.

Pump;357030 said:
hey guys was at local footy today and heard D.portou is going to craigieburn and G.Chappel is a chance to go as well. Very handy pick ups for them. Also who is our money on to go up to Nth A?

Thought it was about time Portou moved on! Almost 5 years at one club would have made him start to feel a bit stale!!! Good bloke, good bat, but where's he gonna call home after the show's over?

Believe it when you see it with Chapple. He was going to go to another club every year for a while there, but never did. Now maybe his star is fading and there are dollars elsewhere, he may go before he is cast aside.

As for who is going up to Nth A? Whoever they can get! Guru's suggestion for just 8 sides in that grade makes so much sense in every way it's bound to be ignored.

Too Old Body Broke;356749 said:
Gday Big C,

I have followed your input from the show run by "muppets" and I would first like to say I admire your passion for your club. However, I recalled seeing a post from you as follows:
Quote:
Originally Posted by West Riff Raff
Pop Gun with what you have recruited why not nominate for A Turf? I believe there could be an openning this season. Wouldn't it be better to test yourselves to find out where you are at than get a false sense of security by playing against sides second elevens.

Surely this squad is too good for b turf raise the bare be brave go to A turf. fortune favours the brave. No Guts no Glory !!!

I do wish you all the very best and welcome to the Vtca. I played in the WSUCCA a few years ago now, you can be safe in the knowledge that the VTCA is streets ahead in its Executive, standard, grounds etc. So enjoy...

Lets put those comment in context TOBB.
I have never spuiked about our ability once & we got this bloke or that look out blah blah blah.I will make 600 runs take 20 wickets it sound like he( Top Gun) will carry the side to a premiership and his recruiting gunns allegedly (Beast?) first failure. Isnt the weapon a district player?
We dont have any of those but 4 of our ex juniors are currently playing for Yarraville First X1 & seconds so maybe when the time is right they will be back.
I feel we as a club should set realist achievable goals.
If we won 3 premierships in a row maybe we could argue starting in NthA for sure.I still think there a good cricketers in all grades of cricket regardless of the comp.
We are entering a higher standard of cricket than we are accustomed too.
i'll i know is in the Willy comp currently is 10 ATurf teams and 15 BTurf teams
do the comp a favour and step up help balance out the fixture if you are that confident moving forward.

i can tell you ports is at craigieburn and chapple , courts and pridham are on the move.. pridham is on his way to moonee valley i am told he has mates there and needed a change.. roach could be playing with courts also at moonee valley. how and why would they go there ?:cool:

shhhhhhhhhhh;357200 said:
i can tell you ports is at craigieburn and chapple , courts and pridham are on the move.. pridham is on his way to moonee valley i am told he has mates there and needed a change.. roach could be playing with courts also at moonee valley. how and why would they go there ?:cool:

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$, and plenty of it

Just to back up WITB, never said nor have I intermated I was involved with MV. Know a couple of guys there, played against them and think there are some good guys there. Wish them all the best in North A, if Budda courts is heading there well they have strcuk Gold. He is what they need and you will see are vast improvement if he is going there. Just a question for all concerned, is there the prospect of more dollars given the new points system or is it a bit of hype?

ROY G BIV;355602 said:
Agree Abers will be competitve with the above inclusions.
But they are a very lucky club considering they keep getting relegated year after year to NTH B but keep getting a reprieve from VTCA..lucky Bast#$%s but good on 'em for recruiting strongly. If they play in NTH B they will be amongst the top 3 teams i would guess and if they undeservingly find themselves back in NTH A then i still believe they could finish anywhere from 4th to 10th.Will be harder to beat in NTH A than oh ,,,,,,can't remember when they were hard to beat.

So what's the rnd up on recuitment front. St Albans have done better than anyone in that sense, Foot united snared a very big fish in a small pond TJ from Avondale + they may again have an overseas Srilankan bloke from last year, so wait n see how they go, Abers have as we've spoken done well. But what's a go with others, Keilor Park,Tulla,Albion, Seddon, EK, Avondale etc. Avondale read a story about them in local paper, by the sounds of it they almost folded every one has left or retired when the money/good times dried up. Where is that club at, been up there the last 5 or so years. Last year folks on this thread tipped them to be relegated & they were in the Granny.
Feeling is not many will rate 'em again this year.

One can only hope people don't rate avondale, the club will field a competive side, always will. We have lost TJ for obvious reasons and two retirements from last year. It all creates oppurtunity for others to shine.

Uncle Windows;356968 said:
One can only hope people don't rate avondale, the club will field a competive side, always will. We have lost TJ for obvious reasons and two retirements from last year. It all creates oppurtunity for others to shine.

Who are u repalcing ur 2 best palyers with. Any new recruits @ Avo to replace those 2 + who retired? u still pulling on the whites this season.

Some very strong recruting at other NTH A clubs it seems MV as u can see from this thread +st albans + others so u need replacements to compete/challenge for the finals don't u agree?Nothing opersonal mate... i hope u blokes do well, i was one of the few here who backed u last year thought u had the talent to upset KP in GF, but u were hammered. anyhow good luck.

ROY G BIV;345040 said:
Apparently they expressed interest in him when they played AH this year twice, if they come up with the cash that the import wants then he's theirs.

Looks like AH definately don't have the $$$'s to keep him & import wants a few grand more + improved $incentives per wicket/runs etc. All that is outta AH spending leauge.

Imports agent is banding around 8.5-10k $figure, DO u blokes rekon he's worth that?

AH Definately don't have the dollars - you goose! How would you know! maybe we found some at the end of your rainbow.

i am with you there guru, courts has played there before i think he played 6 or 7 years there and is really good mates with gauci. he is a class act on and off the ground. the points have opened up the comp and players are getting good cash for now i think things will settle down when the points start to drop:cool:

Guru14;356924 said:
Never been a shortage of coin at MV

Guru, Just wondering how much you think Moonee Valley throw around each year mate.

Surely their Sri Lankan import must cost them tons and the bowler batsman bloke cant come cheap either.

You think they are pushing 60-70K per season?

You seem "in the know" about The Valley so I thought I would ask.

Cheers

Guru14;357204 said:
Just to back up WITB, never said nor have I intermated I was involved with MV. Know a couple of guys there, played against them and think there are some good guys there. Wish them all the best in North A, if Budda courts is heading there well they have strcuk Gold. He is what they need and you will see are vast improvement if he is going there. Just a question for all concerned, is there the prospect of more dollars given the new points system or is it a bit of hype?[/QUOTE]

In my opinion, clubs will only ever pay what they can afford to pay. The points system now stops those clubs who have heaps of cash from going out and buying an entire team. Now they can still go out and pay but they too must still meet the points as we all do. Money has been an issue every year but now who cares what somebody is paying as long as they meet the ponts. I cant see how there would be more dollars now the system has changed, its just made it more transperant.

hey guys was at local footy today and heard D.portou is going to craigieburn and G.Chappel is a chance to go as well. Very handy pick ups for them. Also who is our money on to go up to Nth A?

ROY G BIV;356878 said:
LOL..i find that hard to believe.

where would he bat in Gr$$vale batting line up, NO:9 or will he cc the 2nd x1,

he struggled last year didn't he? a copule of scores against ordinary attacks helped him, but ordinay year for a bloke getting $$'s to play.

not sure where you play roy i have played against roachy for along time now and always makes runs against as alway makes them against the better sides and the big games and batts in the top 4 and would in any side. blokes i no from other clubs all say the same thing big mouth but can back it up just had a look at my cricket he made 400 last year same as windy not bad for a ordinary year and top score in s/f last year and made runs against k/park who one the g/f last year i think he also top scored in the na1 g/f 2 years ago .if any one nos his number my club still has some money left for a good bat..i would say there will be a few clubs after him.can anyone give me his number we have money left for a good bat he would be great for our club.he plays the game very hard which is what my club needs.we also have some money for a bowler.why has he left tulla.maybe m/v should give him a ring GURU if wild panda is wright that your in the no at the valley

Ok lets get some perspective here...

1) All clubs are in the recruiting process at this time of year so singling out Moonee Valley as the only club "throwing the cash" around is naive.
2) In response to the person who said "why would they want to go there?" My answer to that is Why wouldnt they!!! We are a succesful, proud club with a history of success. we have an outstanding junior program, have 10 mens and 2 womens teams, provide a home for players with disabilities to play a game of cricket and interact with others in a friendly environment.
we have 17 junior teams and play cricket on our ground every Friday night,Saturday and Sunday. We have a side dedicated to fathers/Sons to play together and the social aspect of our club is phenomenal.
3) In regards to cash for players, as the current recruiting manager i can assure you that we have a budget that would be half of those that some other clubs have access to. We like to think that we use what we have well, hence our "targetting" of certain types of player.
4) As soon as we finalise our playing list for the upcoming season I will be the first to let everyone know through this site.

Until then Im sure facts wont get in the way of a good story/gossip!!!

But thats what we love about this time of year hey!!!:rolleyes:

Uncle Windows;356970 said:
AH Definately don't have the dollars - you goose! How would you know! maybe we found some at the end of your rainbow.

:) Godd stuff Uncle.

Your import & his agent told certain clubs that AH didn't have the $'s to keep import,while u were trying to play in the finals ur import & folk oin his behalf were shopping around for a better deal.
That's how i know?

As far as ur current budget ofcourse i wouldn't know, but i did read an article in the local paper that ur president was stepping down & u lost TJ anD Import due to money drying up.

Maybe since then u have found another goose @ avo who lays a golden egg

Apologies blazers just trying to see if guru had any idea what he was on about and threw him some out of control figures of payments to see what he was on about. Anybody who thinks the valley are anywhere near any figures quoted is quite simply an idiot.

With the way Moonee Valley are going youcould probably understand that people would want to denigrate the club and speak in rumours and half truths. Blazers is correct the best place to find official information about any club is from their website.

In fact looking at the moonee valley website I notice both lou raffale and mark gauci have been re-appointed to their respective roles. Which is a far cry from guru's previous ascertations that their was unrest at the club due their relationship.

Seems for some reason guru has a problem with the valley, and that's his right to have but his continual comment on the inner workings of the MVCC are not only tiresome they are for the most part completely baseless and rarely resemble any statement of fact.

Taylors lakes and Craigieburn are the new clubs to come up 2 North A.

i would still profur that it stayed 8 teams play each other in a one day and a two day.

So it will be interesting to see the make up of the fixture.

Good luck to Craigieburn and Taylors Lakes

Pump;357030 said:

Thought it was about time Portou moved on! Almost 5 years at one club would have made him start to feel a bit stale!!! Good bloke, good bat, but where's he gonna call home after the show's over?

Believe it when you see it with Chapple. He was going to go to another club every year for a while there, but never did. Now maybe his star is fading and there are dollars elsewhere, he may go before he is cast aside.

As for who is going up to Nth A? Whoever they can get! Guru's suggestion for just 8 sides in that grade makes so much sense in every way it's bound to be ignored.

7/564;357445 said:

i would still profur that it stayed 8 teams play each other in a one day and a two day.

Aberfeldie finally miss the gravy train :eek:

wonder how their new recruits will react to that

He who knows best;357447 said:
Aberfeldie finally miss the gravy train :eek:

wonder how their new recruits will react to that

Pretty sure there new recruits new they were in North B when they signed up

shhhhhhhhhhh;357200 said:

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$, and plenty of it

7/564;357445 said:

Gob smacked! How could the executive give the go ahead to an unknown quanity and a side that has been ordinary in its results for a long time. Last year was the first year in a few that they were competitive. As Pauline would say, 'please explain'.

Just to back up WITB, never said nor have I intermated I was involved with MV. Know a couple of guys there, played against them and think there are some good guys there. Wish them all the best in North A, if Budda courts is heading there well they have strcuk Gold. He is what they need and you will see are vast improvement if he is going there. Just a question for all concerned, is there the prospect of more dollars given the new points system or is it a bit of hype?

Guru14;357451 said:
Gob smacked! How could the executive give the go ahead to an unknown quanity and a side that has been ordinary in its results for a long time. Last year was the first year in a few that they were competitive. As Pauline would say, 'please explain'.

Gotta agree with you there Guru. I can sort of see where they are coming from but it seems to go against everything VTCA usually follow. 2 of the biggest growing areas would be the reason but that doesnt mean they will automatically have competitive players. TL is an unknown quatity so i can't comment there but Craigieburn have had a poor record and last year only came with a rush at the end on the back of some big scores. Heard the rumour of Portou going there but its not bats they need. Their bowling is terrible. One would hope they pick up at least 3 bowlers otherwise they are going to be chasing alot of runs! Imlach ok but must be getting on and thats it. Dunno if Woodgate is back or if they get Robinson back playing but they would need those in addition to a top front liner.
I see the AH international is being shopped around so maybe he's the answer!!!

Uncle Windows;356968 said:

Who are u repalcing ur 2 best palyers with. Any new recruits @ Avo to replace those 2 + who retired? u still pulling on the whites this season.

Some very strong recruting at other NTH A clubs it seems MV as u can see from this thread +st albans + others so u need replacements to compete/challenge for the finals don't u agree?Nothing opersonal mate... i hope u blokes do well, i was one of the few here who backed u last year thought u had the talent to upset KP in GF, but u were hammered. anyhow good luck.

The bottom line is that no matter which clubs went up, there would be comments that the wrong teams had been moved up (ie. plenty written on Abers to this point).

Obviously without knowing the criteria, and what the clubs put in their presentations all you can do from the sidelines is guess.

If these clubs got it wrong, then they can always look forward to North B in 2010/11.

i am with you there guru, courts has played there before i think he played 6 or 7 years there and is really good mates with gauci. he is a class act on and off the ground. the points have opened up the comp and players are getting good cash for now i think things will settle down when the points start to drop:cool:

Snagglepuss;357481 said:
Gotta agree with you there Guru. I can sort of see where they are coming from but it seems to go against everything VTCA usually follow. 2 of the biggest growing areas would be the reason but that doesnt mean they will automatically have competitive players. TL is an unknown quatity so i can't comment there but Craigieburn have had a poor record and last year only came with a rush at the end on the back of some big scores. Heard the rumour of Portou going there but its not bats they need. Their bowling is terrible. One would hope they pick up at least 3 bowlers otherwise they are going to be chasing alot of runs! Imlach ok but must be getting on and thats it. Dunno if Woodgate is back or if they get Robinson back playing but they would need those in addition to a top front liner.
I see the AH international is being shopped around so maybe he's the answer!!!

Is ur import from last year signed on for this year?
Are u blokes expecting ti lose anyone from last year.

Guru14;357204 said:
Just to back up WITB, never said nor have I intermated I was involved with MV. Know a couple of guys there, played against them and think there are some good guys there. Wish them all the best in North A, if Budda courts is heading there well they have strcuk Gold. He is what they need and you will see are vast improvement if he is going there. Just a question for all concerned, is there the prospect of more dollars given the new points system or is it a bit of hype?[/QUOTE]

In my opinion, clubs will only ever pay what they can afford to pay. The points system now stops those clubs who have heaps of cash from going out and buying an entire team. Now they can still go out and pay but they too must still meet the points as we all do. Money has been an issue every year but now who cares what somebody is paying as long as they meet the ponts. I cant see how there would be more dollars now the system has changed, its just made it more transperant.

Guru14;357451 said:

it wont matter guru i have heard moonee valley have got roach on that deck will make plenty and the A/H import will take 70 wickets in that comp so it wont matter whos in that comp it will be m/v and st.albans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back