North A & B

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: North A & B

202 n.o;358199 said:
anyone who thinks na1 will be even are kidding them self st.albans with who they have got & who they have picked up will win it by that far its a joke the will bowl side out for under 100 ever game there batting will just make them.

ur putting to much stock in names and reputations. Age deminishes talent
big deal if they blow every one away they go up thats the beaty of this comp. This year will be a massive learning curve for all teams new and old.
only takes a slight error for a shot to be a six or an edge.
If they were that good any way they would have went up and presented a compeling case as did T.L.
How Old are there gun recruits anyway. The might be cashing in before the steam runs out. Slightly sceptical.

It's wrong of a club or player to change parts of an agreement once they've been nutted out. How many times has a player told a club he's in definately in 100 % committed & then after a phone call or meeting with another club you get the story too good an offer to say no to...or some other crap. Ask St Albans & Asif. I've heard Tulla changed the deal on Roach as well which isn't right or fair but i've also heard he was shopping himself around to every other club as well during the same period. He'll play @ the Valley this year, be serviceable & move on next year for an extra $100 if he can.

ROY G BIV;358063 said:
If posts about Courts to MV and Portou to Cragieburn are true.Anyone know who will be their replacements at Gr$$nVal$, surely they won't be promoting a local lad whos has been performing in the 2's or in juniors in recent years.

Haven' heard much about who the following clubs are targetting as paid players. Any new from them.

Seddon,EK, Avondale,Albion,parkville,westmeadows,KP etc

Avo have no money Roy :D

2time;358643 said:
It's wrong of a club or player to change parts of an agreement once they've been nutted out. How many times has a player told a club he's in definately in 100 % committed & then after a phone call or meeting with another club you get the story too good an offer to say no to...or some other crap. Ask St Albans & Asif. I've heard Tulla changed the deal on Roach as well which isn't right or fair but i've also heard he was shopping himself around to every other club as well during the same period. He'll play @ the Valley this year, be serviceable & move on next year for an extra $100 if he can.

i no roachy played with him before great bloke plays it very hard on the field but will have a beer with anyone expect maybe s.b of albion.i rang him when i heard he had left and he told me what had happened. he was up front with tulla about having a look around at other clubs because tulla cut his wage by a lot tulla were happy with that.he resigned with tulla about 2 months ago then 2 weeks ago the new v.p came in and tryed to change his agreement 6 weeks after he resigned i dont blame him at all i asked him back to our club he would be the difference at our club his signed with moonee valley all the best roachy.good luck tulla he turnedyour club around and good luck at trying to recruit if thats how you do deals.

BigCoq;358205 said:
ur putting to much stock in names and reputations. Age deminishes talent
big deal if they blow every one away they go up thats the beaty of this comp. This year will be a massive learning curve for all teams new and old.
only takes a slight error for a shot to be a six or an edge.
If they were that good any way they would have went up and presented a compeling case as did T.L.
How Old are there gun recruits anyway. The might be cashing in before the steam runs out. Slightly sceptical.

Funny Game Cricket $$$$$ CC and Tulla could nt make the GF

my Abers contact said they have not sealed the deal with Green
also recruited an Ex Northcote player named Imran Khan
anyone heard of him ?

If its the same Imran Khan that played at Rupertswood 2 years ago he is a dud.

ROY G BIV;358063 said:
If posts about Courts to MV and Portou to Cragieburn are true.Anyone know who will be their replacements at Gr$$nVal$, surely they won't be promoting a local lad whos has been performing in the 2's or in juniors in recent years.

Haven' heard much about who the following clubs are targetting as paid players. Any new from them.

Avondale Heights have resigned Satpath Kelum - refreshing to see loyalty still counts for something but this would undersell what a terrific young man Sati is. He loves playing for our club and is keen to show what he is made off. Look out for a great season with the bat.

slow medium;358176 said:
I wonder how many clubs train on synthetic wickets ? I know ours does yet we all play on turf.
Would think it wouldn't make that much difference
Most clubs would now be training on synthetic wickets due to the water restrictions. Our club used to have a couple of turf wickets but now we've replaced them with synthetic wickets. It's a shame that I myself can't train on turf wickets because it's hard to adapt from synthetic to turf. I've always wondered though why we can't train on one of the turf blocks out on the square? It's not like it'd be hard to do.

Uncle Windows;358673 said:
Avondale Heights have resigned Satpath Kelum - refreshing to see loyalty still counts for something but this would undersell what a terrific young man Sati is. He loves playing for our club and is keen to show what he is made off. Look out for a great season with the bat.

Great signing. It is good to see he has stayed with you guys and hopefully he teaches all the aspiring quicks down there all he knows.

English pro cricketer looking for a club this summer in Australia.
Has 1700 runs @ 81 & 37 wickets @ 12 in 3 years in the DDCA
England u/19 Representative currently with a County contract playing 1stx1 cricket untill inj this year.
26 years old.

After

Part time job
Air fares
Accomadation
& some renumeration

Great pick up for anyone on the verge of finals or just off the mark to winning that elusive premiership.
Contact Brett baernst35@hotmail.com

He who knows best;358304 said:
fit right in then

lol...Good on:eek:
i know aber's are a cellar dweller cricket club & most on this forum are happy to oblige when it comes to hanging Sh** on 'em. I wonder y that is?
Most ppl like to have a crack @ silver spooners but in VTCA Abers are an exception. Funny stuff though!!!

Great news for Avondale well done.

Guess the email that got sent out didn't get much interest. Was after a fair bit of money.

once again well done and good luck for the season

There might be a few big mouths down there at abers but i will give them credit because they always come in for a beer and a chat after the game

202 n.o;358667 said:
i no roachy played with him before great bloke plays it very hard on the field but will have a beer with anyone expect maybe s.b of albion.i rang him when i heard he had left and he told me what had happened. he was up front with tulla about having a look around at other clubs because tulla cut his wage by a lot tulla were happy with that.he resigned with tulla about 2 months ago then 2 weeks ago the new v.p came in and tryed to change his agreement 6 weeks after he resigned i dont blame him at all i asked him back to our club he would be the difference at our club his signed with moonee valley all the best roachy.good luck tulla he turnedyour club around and good luck at trying to recruit if thats how you do deals.

Why wouldn't Roach have a beer with Steve Brne, another bloke who plays it hard & probaly in the same bracket of bloke. Both good blokes off the field in my opinion, played against both. It's not Brnes fault if he's a better a cricketer than David. I thought it was supposed to be left on the ground.... with all that spirit of cricket stuff.

He who knows best;358196 said:
my Abers contact said they have not sealed the deal with Green
also recruited an Ex Northcote player named Imran Khan
anyone heard of him ?

Hopefully there is no money changing hands!

U smelly goose, so u did have some money?
Surprised but well done to u blokes, if he came back because of loyalty then all the respect to him, if no one could match his pay hike than well done to Avo for enticing him back. Will make u a competitive side if u put some runs on board. Great signing nonetheless.

recent member to the forum....really enjoy the commentary!
just to add to the rumour file had a few beers at the glady last night and a few of the tulla boys informed me of the following:

d.roach was sacked at tulla......apparently he had a huge spat with the vice president and both parties decided to go the other way. this is after the club and roach parted in early may because roach rejected a reduced offer from the club.roach went to the market could not find a gig as no club was prepared to pay him full rate as he can only train once a week and wanted the club to find a 'practice captain' to take all the training session. came back to tulla for a reduced figure. the club then put some conditions surrounding roach dodgy hammy and incentives around some of the junior players performing this year...roach did not accept this....then told the VP that club kids are not that good....Good bye roach!

tulla have not recruited....windy will captain/coach and loss of zahorodni, could struggle in Senior A???

IntoThe Wind;358620 said:
i heard a slightly different version. Roach agreed to terms with the Tulla Prez, but then a new committee came in and decided to review the terms of the agreed upon deal. When they stated to add in stipulations about training, performance etc, Roach walked. It's terrible form by a club to agreed with a player and then change their mind. You just can't do that and, if totally true, then I hope they have trouble recruiting in the future.

But the original deal Roach was on was stupid to begin with. He's a good to very good bat, but is past his peak, has dodgy hammies and can't train.

I agree, the money roach wants is ridiculous for someone who only bats. It is not like he plunders 100s every 2nd or 3rd week. There are heaps of guys in the different comps who would be on a third of what he is on and they would dominate. Osborne from St.Bernards for example. He makes 500 and takes 35 every year and i bet he gets stuff all. Roach isa dead set mercenary

i heard a slightly different version. Roach agreed to terms with the Tulla Prez, but then a new committee came in and decided to review the terms of the agreed upon deal. When they stated to add in stipulations about training, performance etc, Roach walked. It's terrible form by a club to agreed with a player and then change their mind. You just can't do that and, if totally true, then I hope they have trouble recruiting in the future.

But the original deal Roach was on was stupid to begin with. He's a good to very good bat, but is past his peak, has dodgy hammies and can't train.

2time;358740 said:
Why wouldn't Roach have a beer with Steve Brne, another bloke who plays it hard & probaly in the same bracket of bloke. Both good blokes off the field in my opinion, played against both. It's not Brnes fault if he's a better a cricketer than David. I thought it was supposed to be left on the ground.... with all that spirit of cricket stuff.

having played with roachy and agaisnt steve one big difference being roachy plays for his team always steve plays for himself always.roachy is a very good capt and leader and if you look on bigcricket makes 500 most years and always plays finals which is what its all about.like i said he can came back to my club anytime.and i say good luck to him if he can make some coin out of cricket i wish i could it sounds like sum people are a bit jealous of him.

2time;358643 said:

pups_magic;358751 said:
nick zajac from tulla, i have heard whisperings about him, flying in preseason. any thoughts on the kid?

Nick Zajac will be required to make plenty of runs this year. With departures of Roach and Zahrodini, Zajac and the likes of Scott, Neilson with have to stand up along with Windridge if they are to push for a top 4 spot.

Heard a bit of a rumour that Strathmore have been recruiting to improve there depth in the lower grades. Tim Stephans has recently signed and from what i hear will be a great addition with loads of experience to lead the 3s or 4s this year.

Wish Strathmore the best of luck for the up coming season

milk gone bad;358758 said:
Nick Zajac will be required to make plenty of runs this year. With departures of Roach and Zahrodini, Zajac and the likes of Scott, Neilson with have to stand up along with Windridge if they are to push for a top 4 spot.

Heard a bit of a rumour that Strathmore have been recruiting to improve there depth in the lower grades. Tim Stephans has recently signed and from what i hear will be a great addition with loads of experience to lead the 3s or 4s this year.

Wish Strathmore the best of luck for the up coming season

Is there any chance that Zajac can be pursuaded to the red rooster end of mascoma street? a big hitter in the middle order may be just what the doctor ordered down at lebanon reserve. As an avid griffin follower I am hoping that they follow up on the hard hitting Zajac to elevate them to senior level.

Havent heard of any lower grade signings, but am sure that Stephens could take the 3's to their next premiership since his old man hung up the boots

ROY G BIV;358063 said:

202 n.o;358752 said:
having played with roachy and agaisnt steve one big difference being roachy plays for his team always steve plays for himself always.roachy is a very good capt and leader and if you look on bigcricket makes 500 most years and always plays finals which is what its all about.like i said he can came back to my club anytime.and i say good luck to him if he can make some coin out of cricket i wish i could it sounds like sum people are a bit jealous of him.

Which club can he come back to? I don't necessarily agree with your view on Steve but it's your opinion. Why did Roach leave St Albans when he was on good coin, just played a Semi against Albion (which they probaly should of won) a granny the year before (which they probaly should of won) then leaves to go to a mob that no one rates or enjoys playing against for a year, then his out the next year.... I reckon Roachy might have the "what about me's" as well mate. You can say the same about Steve i suppose but i know who i'ld be picking first to play in my side.

Great signing. It is good to see he has stayed with you guys and hopefully he teaches all the aspiring quicks down there all he knows.

pups_magic;358751 said:
nick zajac from tulla, i have heard whisperings about him, flying in preseason. any thoughts on the kid?

Is that the big bloke who opens the batting, fields @gully / point & has a fair bit to say?

English pro cricketer looking for a club this summer in Australia.
Has 1700 runs @ 81 & 37 wickets @ 12 in 3 years in the DDCA
England u/19 Representative currently with a County contract playing 1stx1 cricket untill inj this year.
26 years old.

After

Part time job
Air fares
Accomadation
& some renumeration

Great pick up for anyone on the verge of finals or just off the mark to winning that elusive premiership.
Contact Brett baernst35@hotmail.com

pups_magic;358759 said:
Is there any chance that Zajac can be pursuaded to the red rooster end of mascoma street? a big hitter in the middle order may be just what the doctor ordered down at lebanon reserve. As an avid griffin follower I am hoping that they follow up on the hard hitting Zajac to elevate them to senior level.

Havent heard of any lower grade signings, but am sure that Stephens could take the 3's to their next premiership since his old man hung up the boots

I have played a fair bit of cricket against Zajac and from the looks of him he does like the odd feed of Red Rooster.
Not too sure if he would leave tulla, they seem to be a very close knit bunch on and off the field. I have heard a new bloke at Strathmore by the name of Kennedy has taken all the coin down there so i doubt there will be enough in the kitty for anyone else.
Heard he is on in excess of $25,000. Can you verify this pup or anyone else that knows him or the club well?

Great news for Avondale well done.

Guess the email that got sent out didn't get much interest. Was after a fair bit of money.

once again well done and good luck for the season

2time;358760 said:
Which club can he come back to? I don't necessarily agree with your view on Steve but it's your opinion. Why did Roach leave St Albans when he was on good coin, just played a Semi against Albion (which they probaly should of won) a granny the year before (which they probaly should of won) then leaves to go to a mob that no one rates or enjoys playing against for a year, then his out the next year.... I reckon Roachy might have the "what about me's" as well mate. You can say the same about Steve i suppose but i know who i'ld be picking first to play in my side.

i have played with and against Steve and it is all about him.

good training coach ( prob the best i've played under) but once he crosses that line he gives no-one else a go.

Not to meantion after a few drinks can course problems within the club. ( well i should say did at ours)

202 n.o;358667 said:

2time;358761 said:
Is that the big bloke who opens the batting, fields @gully / point & has a fair bit to say?

not sure. havent watched much of tulla due to different divisions but he is a big opener so maybe.

U smelly goose, so u did have some money?
Surprised but well done to u blokes, if he came back because of loyalty then all the respect to him, if no one could match his pay hike than well done to Avo for enticing him back. Will make u a competitive side if u put some runs on board. Great signing nonetheless.

milk gone bad;358762 said:
I have played a fair bit of cricket against Zajac and from the looks of him he does like the odd feed of Red Rooster.
Not too sure if he would leave tulla, they seem to be a very close knit bunch on and off the field. I have heard a new bloke at Strathmore by the name of Kennedy has taken all the coin down there so i doubt there will be enough in the kitty for anyone else.
Heard he is on in excess of $25,000. Can you verify this pup or anyone else that knows him or the club well?

Kennedy. Good signing. Has caused traffic problems on Albert Road on occasion I hear with some big shots against some Premier Ones bowlers. Not sure about 25, Strathmore are no Yarraville. I think he came down to play with mates from the Bombers, not sure who.

Disappointing that Zajac wont be seen in the blue and gold this year then. Hopefully he can play a pull shot as I hear he and some of the Mores boys are mates, and they want his head

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back