North A & B

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: North A & B

IntoThe Wind;358620 said:
i heard a slightly different version. Roach agreed to terms with the Tulla Prez, but then a new committee came in and decided to review the terms of the agreed upon deal. When they stated to add in stipulations about training, performance etc, Roach walked. It's terrible form by a club to agreed with a player and then change their mind. You just can't do that and, if totally true, then I hope they have trouble recruiting in the future.

But the original deal Roach was on was stupid to begin with. He's a good to very good bat, but is past his peak, has dodgy hammies and can't train.

I agree, the money roach wants is ridiculous for someone who only bats. It is not like he plunders 100s every 2nd or 3rd week. There are heaps of guys in the different comps who would be on a third of what he is on and they would dominate. Osborne from St.Bernards for example. He makes 500 and takes 35 every year and i bet he gets stuff all. Roach isa dead set mercenary

pups_magic;358766 said:
Kennedy. Good signing. Has caused traffic problems on Albert Road on occasion I hear with some big shots against some Premier Ones bowlers. Not sure about 25, Strathmore are no Yarraville. I think he came down to play with mates from the Bombers, not sure who.

Disappointing that Zajac wont be seen in the blue and gold this year then. Hopefully he can play a pull shot as I hear he and some of the Mores boys are mates, and they want his head

So who is this Kennedy???

milk gone bad;358758 said:
Nick Zajac will be required to make plenty of runs this year. With departures of Roach and Zahrodini, Zajac and the likes of Scott, Neilson with have to stand up along with Windridge if they are to push for a top 4 spot.

Heard a bit of a rumour that Strathmore have been recruiting to improve there depth in the lower grades. Tim Stephans has recently signed and from what i hear will be a great addition with loads of experience to lead the 3s or 4s this year.

Wish Strathmore the best of luck for the up coming season

I'm sure Tim will appreciate your thoughts on his leadership qualities, but I'm guessing he is more than likely to start in a higher XI.

2time;358740 said:
Why wouldn't Roach have a beer with Steve Brne, another bloke who plays it hard & probaly in the same bracket of bloke. Both good blokes off the field in my opinion, played against both. It's not Brnes fault if he's a better a cricketer than David. I thought it was supposed to be left on the ground.... with all that spirit of cricket stuff.

having played with roachy and agaisnt steve one big difference being roachy plays for his team always steve plays for himself always.roachy is a very good capt and leader and if you look on bigcricket makes 500 most years and always plays finals which is what its all about.like i said he can came back to my club anytime.and i say good luck to him if he can make some coin out of cricket i wish i could it sounds like sum people are a bit jealous of him.

pups_magic;358751 said:
nick zajac from tulla, i have heard whisperings about him, flying in preseason. any thoughts on the kid?

Nick Zajac will be required to make plenty of runs this year. With departures of Roach and Zahrodini, Zajac and the likes of Scott, Neilson with have to stand up along with Windridge if they are to push for a top 4 spot.

Heard a bit of a rumour that Strathmore have been recruiting to improve there depth in the lower grades. Tim Stephans has recently signed and from what i hear will be a great addition with loads of experience to lead the 3s or 4s this year.

milk gone bad;358762 said:
I have played a fair bit of cricket against Zajac and from the looks of him he does like the odd feed of Red Rooster.
Not too sure if he would leave tulla, they seem to be a very close knit bunch on and off the field. I have heard a new bloke at Strathmore by the name of Kennedy has taken all the coin down there so i doubt there will be enough in the kitty for anyone else.
Heard he is on in excess of $25,000. Can you verify this pup or anyone else that knows him or the club well?

$25K would be more than surprising.

Is there any chance that Zajac can be pursuaded to the red rooster end of mascoma street? a big hitter in the middle order may be just what the doctor ordered down at lebanon reserve. As an avid griffin follower I am hoping that they follow up on the hard hitting Zajac to elevate them to senior level.

Havent heard of any lower grade signings, but am sure that Stephens could take the 3's to their next premiership since his old man hung up the boots

Kennedy has played about 15 ones games for the bombers, and will be salivating at actually having some good decks to play on this year. despite popular misconception, premier tracks are no good apart from about 5 1s/2s grounds. lets hope he can partner up with tupper and co and see the mores as the bolters for 09/10

202 n.o;358752 said:
having played with roachy and agaisnt steve one big difference being roachy plays for his team always steve plays for himself always.roachy is a very good capt and leader and if you look on bigcricket makes 500 most years and always plays finals which is what its all about.like i said he can came back to my club anytime.and i say good luck to him if he can make some coin out of cricket i wish i could it sounds like sum people are a bit jealous of him.

Which club can he come back to? I don't necessarily agree with your view on Steve but it's your opinion. Why did Roach leave St Albans when he was on good coin, just played a Semi against Albion (which they probaly should of won) a granny the year before (which they probaly should of won) then leaves to go to a mob that no one rates or enjoys playing against for a year, then his out the next year.... I reckon Roachy might have the "what about me's" as well mate. You can say the same about Steve i suppose but i know who i'ld be picking first to play in my side.

pups_magic;358751 said:
nick zajac from tulla, i have heard whisperings about him, flying in preseason. any thoughts on the kid?

Is that the big bloke who opens the batting, fields @gully / point & has a fair bit to say?

pups_magic;358759 said:
Is there any chance that Zajac can be pursuaded to the red rooster end of mascoma street? a big hitter in the middle order may be just what the doctor ordered down at lebanon reserve. As an avid griffin follower I am hoping that they follow up on the hard hitting Zajac to elevate them to senior level.

Havent heard of any lower grade signings, but am sure that Stephens could take the 3's to their next premiership since his old man hung up the boots

I have played a fair bit of cricket against Zajac and from the looks of him he does like the odd feed of Red Rooster.
Not too sure if he would leave tulla, they seem to be a very close knit bunch on and off the field. I have heard a new bloke at Strathmore by the name of Kennedy has taken all the coin down there so i doubt there will be enough in the kitty for anyone else.
Heard he is on in excess of $25,000. Can you verify this pup or anyone else that knows him or the club well?

pups_magic;358778 said:
Kennedy has played about 15 ones games for the bombers, and will be salivating at actually having some good decks to play on this year. despite popular misconception, premier tracks are no good apart from about 5 1s/2s grounds. lets hope he can partner up with tupper and co and see the mores as the bolters for 09/10
Partner up on the field or off it? I hear Tupper can party!;)

2time;358760 said:
Which club can he come back to? I don't necessarily agree with your view on Steve but it's your opinion. Why did Roach leave St Albans when he was on good coin, just played a Semi against Albion (which they probaly should of won) a granny the year before (which they probaly should of won) then leaves to go to a mob that no one rates or enjoys playing against for a year, then his out the next year.... I reckon Roachy might have the "what about me's" as well mate. You can say the same about Steve i suppose but i know who i'ld be picking first to play in my side.

i have played with and against Steve and it is all about him.

good training coach ( prob the best i've played under) but once he crosses that line he gives no-one else a go.

Not to meantion after a few drinks can course problems within the club. ( well i should say did at ours)

A good source told me Kennedy is not on the coin as stated, he's gone to play with his mates at Strathmore who also left Essendon... had a look at Tulla as Zajak tried to get him there as he plays footy with him at Uni.

BTW, Tulla's on a youth development initiative and trying to pick up some young talent and bring through their juniors in the absence of Zorro. Roachy was suppose assist the club in delivering this but he elected to look external and not give the young kids a go. He was shopping around, got knocked back by his previous club then went back to Tulla on less money.

2time;358761 said:
Is that the big bloke who opens the batting, fields @gully / point & has a fair bit to say?

not sure. havent watched much of tulla due to different divisions but he is a big opener so maybe.

2time;358643 said:
It's wrong of a club or player to change parts of an agreement once they've been nutted out. How many times has a player told a club he's in definately in 100 % committed & then after a phone call or meeting with another club you get the story too good an offer to say no to...or some other crap. Ask St Albans & Asif. I've heard Tulla changed the deal on Roach as well which isn't right or fair but i've also heard he was shopping himself around to every other club as well during the same period. He'll play @ the Valley this year, be serviceable & move on next year for an extra $100 if he can.
You hit the nail on the head here... Roachy has been a great custodian of the game in his 20 years but now is only shopping for coin. The only stipulation Tulla put on him was to play all games and score 400 runs. Sounds fair to me for a person of his calibre. They already knew he could only train one night but that's not value for money on what he was on last season...

Can anyone tell me something about Michael Staples (ex broadmeadows player)? Bat or bowler?

Kennedy. Good signing. Has caused traffic problems on Albert Road on occasion I hear with some big shots against some Premier Ones bowlers. Not sure about 25, Strathmore are no Yarraville. I think he came down to play with mates from the Bombers, not sure who.

Disappointing that Zajac wont be seen in the blue and gold this year then. Hopefully he can play a pull shot as I hear he and some of the Mores boys are mates, and they want his head

brett;358714 said:
English pro cricketer looking for a club this summer in Australia.
Has 1700 runs @ 81 & 37 wickets @ 12 in 3 years in the DDCA
England u/19 Representative currently with a County contract playing 1stx1 cricket untill inj this year.
26 years old.

After

Part time job
Air fares
Accomadation
& some renumeration

Great pick up for anyone on the verge of finals or just off the mark to winning that elusive premiership.
Contact Brett baernst35@hotmail.com

Alex Roberts only ever played a handful of 20/20, never played a First Class game. He has been shopping himself around for almost 6 months, if anyone wanted him surely they would have signed him by now.

Probably a reflection on how people view performances in the DDCA...

Back to the DDCA board for you now Beaver....

pups_magic;358766 said:

So who is this Kennedy???

brett;358714 said:
England u/19 Representative currently with a County contract playing 1stx1 cricket untill inj this year.
26 years old.

After

Part time job
Air fares
Accomadation
& some renumeration

Great pick up for anyone on the verge of finals or just off the mark to winning that elusive premiership.

Tell him he's dreaming

I'm sure Tim will appreciate your thoughts on his leadership qualities, but I'm guessing he is more than likely to start in a higher XI.

stalbans;358855 said:
You hit the nail on the head here... Roachy has been a great custodian of the game in his 20 years but now is only shopping for coin. The only stipulation Tulla put on him was to play all games and score 400 runs. Sounds fair to me for a person of his calibre. They already knew he could only train one night but that's not value for money on what he was on last season...

Can anyone tell me something about Michael Staples (ex broadmeadows player)? Bat or bowler?

i believe staples is a bowler...ex player from broady sub district 1XI......i think any club paying a player that is in thier 40's should have a no play no pay clause.....

i heard the same thing happened at st albans when roach was coach.....asked the club to chase all the guns in the league and would not develop any of the 2's players.......sounds like tulla have made the right decision

$25K would be more than surprising.

brett;358714 said:
26 years old.

After

Part time job
Air fares
Accomadation
& some renumeration

I may have missed this but if he's so good then why don't you want him at your club?

Not Just Empty Words;358875 said:
Alex Roberts only ever played a handful of 20/20, never played a First Class game. He has been shopping himself around for almost 6 months, if anyone wanted him surely they would have signed him by now.

Probably a reflection on how people view performances in the DDCA...

Back to the DDCA board for you now Beaver....

Ease up Tiger! I would be more than happy to bet that the top Turf 1 DDCA teams would be better than any teams the VTCA has to offer.

ROY G BIV;358746 said:
U smelly goose, so u did have some money?
Surprised but well done to u blokes, if he came back because of loyalty then all the respect to him, if no one could match his pay hike than well done to Avo for enticing him back. Will make u a competitive side if u put some runs on board. Great signing nonetheless.

Smelly goose!

Who said we had no money? That's right it was you. No, idea who you are but your are not on our club committee so you opinon is very hollow. I told we found some at the end of your rainbow.

I didn't come down to money

i hav a question for the people that look at this forum, mostly north B ppl (if any) but anyone can answer. I was just wondering how much money teams spend on player payments/incentives for the year (inclusive of coach/es) coming from a different competition, would be good knowledge to know what money changes hands etc.

thanks guys

pups_magic;358778 said:
Partner up on the field or off it? I hear Tupper can party!;)

StAndrewsman;358978 said:
i hav a question for the people that look at this forum, mostly north B ppl (if any) but anyone can answer. I was just wondering how much money teams spend on player payments/incentives for the year (inclusive of coach/es) coming from a different competition, would be good knowledge to know what money changes hands etc.

thanks guys

I would think any North B club spending more than $5k for coach and incentives would surprise me. I could be wrong in thinking guys play that level of cricket because they love playing and not for the cash.

A good source told me Kennedy is not on the coin as stated, he's gone to play with his mates at Strathmore who also left Essendon... had a look at Tulla as Zajak tried to get him there as he plays footy with him at Uni.

BTW, Tulla's on a youth development initiative and trying to pick up some young talent and bring through their juniors in the absence of Zorro. Roachy was suppose assist the club in delivering this but he elected to look external and not give the young kids a go. He was shopping around, got knocked back by his previous club then went back to Tulla on less money.

local cricket pres;358941 said:
Ease up Tiger! I would be more than happy to bet that the top Turf 1 DDCA teams would be better than any teams the VTCA has to offer.

there would seem to be only one way to find out ,and that would be a rep game, DDCA against the VTCA that would be a great game to see !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back