North Division 10/11

re: North Division 10/11

should be an interesting game this week. S/More v's Doutta.
After all the goings on before x-mas and there form after it, i'm pretty sure Doutta would be one club S/More did not want to play.

Looking at going down to NorthA before x-mas now playing in finals fair effort.

I'm pretty sure there will be some unhappy people in high places that Doutta made it.

Good luck to all teams playing this weekend

7/564;390453 said:
should be an interesting game this week. S/More v's Doutta.
After all the goings on before x-mas and there form after it, i'm pretty sure Doutta would be one club S/More did not want to play.

Looking at going down to NorthA before x-mas now playing in finals fair effort.

I'm pretty sure there will be some unhappy people in high places that Doutta made it.

Good luck to all teams playing this weekend

Please. Yes it is a great effort from Doutta but dont kid yourself Doutta are anymore important than other club. There is no conspiracy theory on Doutta, they are simply yet another Northern club, albeit one that no longer plays in Senior Div.

NorthClubsDontPayPlayers;390470 said:
Please. Yes it is a great effort from Doutta but dont kid yourself Doutta are anymore important than other club. There is no conspiracy theory on Doutta, they are simply yet another Northern club, albeit one that no longer plays in Senior Div.

I'm not from Doutta and have never said they are more important than anyone.

and i don't really care if the are in senior in North A or North B or back in there NWCA days.

They have come from no-were to make finals. And with all the going's on with S/More and them this year i was just saying it should be a ripper of a game.

And as i'm not playing this weekend i think it will be a great game to get down to watch.

7/564;390477 said:
I'm not from Doutta and have never said they are more important than anyone.

and i don't really care if the are in senior in North A or North B or back in there NWCA days.

They have come from no-were to make finals. And with all the going's on with S/More and them this year i was just saying it should be a ripper of a game.

And as i'm not playing this weekend i think it will be a great game to get down to watch.

And the predictions for this weeks semi's:
I agree with the previous post, but Strathmore to beat Doutta in a game that will be closer then a lot of people think.
Greenvale to smash West. Just can't see West making enough runs to match MacDonald Innes & Courts.
Anyone got an idea where the GF will be played?

SM v DS
Traditional rivals, traditionally hated by every other side in the comp! Is there anyway they can both lose? lol DS hitting form at the right end of the season, SM solid all season. DS in an upset with Tankard to dominate with ball.

GV v WM
The new boys on the block. We all know GV has bigger plans on their minds. Word on the street is they all ready have 2 district firsts players for next season. GV should win, but they should have won their semi last year too. Smart money is on GV but if Walker and Buterra get runs for WM it could go either way.

Did anyone hear what happened during the Strathmore V Doutta Stars semi final?

Apparantly, Strathmore took the covers off late on Saturday evening in the hope that rain would wash the next day out & they would progress to the Grand Final.

Alas, a couple of guys from Douttas were awake to what they might be upto & went for a look & put the covers back down.

Rumour has it that a past Doutta curator now involved with Strathmore may know a little more about it as well as an incident early in the year when a Douttas hose was left on & then ended up with Strathmore.

Interesting story for the VTCA to investigate if true.

0ver&Out;391429 said:

Apparantly, Strathmore took the covers off late on Saturday evening in the hope that rain would wash the next day out & they would progress to the Grand Final.

Alas, a couple of guys from Douttas were awake to what they might be upto & went for a look & put the covers back down.

Rumour has it that a past Doutta curator now involved with Strathmore may know a little more about it as well as an incident early in the year when a Douttas hose was left on & then ended up with Strathmore.

oh well they got there right whack better luck next year strathmore.......

Doutta Stars back in Senior Division in 10/11 season after this week win against Greenvale.

What a wet weekend it was for cricket

0ver&Out;391432 said:
So, it's true then?

Do you think VTCA will investigate?

am friends with a young douttas player who said it was them who took them off. i know who it was but all i will say is that the fish rots at the head, and has been at that club for years. i hope they lose so we can have a real crack at them next year without kenny eastwood as 12th man!

0ver&Out;391429 said:

alot of accusations there - light on for facts.

the facts are we were beaten by a better side over the w'end - well done to the 11 doutta players - thought the match was played in good spirit too considering the stakes. By the way - didnt read any congrats from you on your own clubs efforts champ. Shows what type of individual you are - you'd reckon you'd want to pat them on the back for playing some good cricket.
facts are the strathmore coach and playing group - on instruction from the Pres - re-pegged the covers after Day 1 as they'd been rushed on in the storm. This helped limit the damage and get us a start on Day 2 after only an hour delay.
facts are our curator spent sunday morning mopping up the surrounding table so we could play some cricket on Day 2.
facts are if you asked visiting teams over the last 10 years (of which doutta hasn't been one of them) i'm sure they'd report we offer up one of the fairest tracks in the comp - out pitch has won the VTCA award many times over this period.
facts are VTCA thoroughly investigated the pre-Xmas no result and awarded Strathmore maximum points and Doutta zip.
so stop trying to discredit a decent club that is run by decent people. We'll cop any season where 80% of our teams make the finals.
I'm tipping you're an old-timer who spends too much time telling anyone who'll listen how good you were. It seems to me alot of this supposed rivalry stems from the 90's when most of the current players were in primary school - so stop living in the past and getting in the way of 22 blokes enjoying their w'ends cricket.

how about facts?;391730 said:
classy post dimwit.

alot of accusations there - light on for facts.

the facts are we were beaten by a better side over the w'end - well done to the 11 doutta players - thought the match was played in good spirit too considering the stakes. By the way - didnt read any congrats from you on your own clubs efforts champ. Shows what type of individual you are - you'd reckon you'd want to pat them on the back for playing some good cricket.
facts are the strathmore coach and playing group - on instruction from the Pres - re-pegged the covers after Day 1 as they'd been rushed on in the storm. This helped limit the damage and get us a start on Day 2 after only an hour delay.
facts are our curator spent sunday morning mopping up the surrounding table so we could play some cricket on Day 2.
facts are if you asked visiting teams over the last 10 years (of which doutta hasn't been one of them) i'm sure they'd report we offer up one of the fairest tracks in the comp - out pitch has won the VTCA award many times over this period.
facts are VTCA thoroughly investigated the pre-Xmas no result and awarded Strathmore maximum points and Doutta zip.
so stop trying to discredit a decent club that is run by decent people. We'll cop any season where 80% of our teams make the finals.
I'm tipping you're an old-timer who spends too much time telling anyone who'll listen how good you were. It seems to me alot of this supposed rivalry stems from the 90's when most of the current players were in primary school - so stop living in the past and getting in the way of 22 blokes enjoying their w'ends cricket.

For someone with all the facts, you seem to have forgotten that the covers were taken off during the night by persons from Strathmore & were put back down by people from Douttas. FACT!!!!!!!!

Ok guys it that time of year where we get alot of these post.

St Mary’s in the MMVCA are advertising for a Coach/Captain for season 2010/11. To apply click on the following link and then navigate your way to St Mary’s page http://www.cricketvictoria.com.au/page/north_west_metro_region_10.html or you can Private message me on here.

CLUB: Werribee Centrals Cricket Club

Position Sought: Senior Playing Coach

Association: VTCA, WDCA, WSUCCA, WRJCA(JUNIOR CRICKET)

Number of Senior Teams: 2 X Mens Turf Northern Division VTCA
1 x Senior Mens WDCA B2 Turf
3 x Senior Mens WSUCCA B Matting, C Matting, D Matting

Number of Junior Teams & Grades: 10 junior teams WRJCA plus In2 Cricket Program

Accreditation Required: Level 1-2 preferred

Key Selection Criteria:
Bring an enthusiastic attitude to a group of players willing to train hard
Have excellent Management and Leadership skills
Ability to organise and commit to all Training sessions and Games
Ability to develop youth
Ability to sustain positive club culture and achieve success on and off field
Attend all Club Functions
Be able to Communicate with a willing Committee and highly motivated players
Be capable of performing in the Senior Mens First XI in Northern Divison

Other Information:
Position is for Coach of Senior Cricket Club only
Contract and Remuneration Negotiable
Applications handled in a confidential manner

Club Competing to be best side in Western Suburbs
Proud Club with successful recent history
4 sides out of 6 made Grand Final Last Year including both First & Second XI
Newly Renovated Clubrooms capable of hosting functions of 200 people
4 Net Facilities available, bowling machine and excellent oval including a 4 pitch table

Key Contacts: Applicants email details, brief playing, coaching credentials and any further required information to President Ashley Clarke at lowcost@convey.com.au

Club website: MyCricket: Werribee Centrals

Re: North Division 10/11

CheeQuee;398664 said:
Any truth to the rumour Sunshine Druids are in danger of folding???

Where did you hear that from?:confused:
Apparently recruiting some Big names to return
to the club / Patchooly,Markham,Frazer,J.Davies from Yccc
to name afew:cool:

Re: North Division 10/11

century scorer;403068 said:
Where did you hear that from?:confused:
Apparently recruiting some Big names to return
to the club / Patchooly,Markham,Frazer,J.Davies from Yccc
to name afew:cool:

Was hearing it from a number of people going back a few months now....I've seen them advertise for a new coach and good to see them up and running again. Very proud club.

Back