North Division 10/11

Bowls left arm mediums I'd say. Didnt really bowl at essendon as he concentrated on his batting. Very talented player.
Bowls orthodox spin, pretty good bowler, gets a bit of drift and flight. Batsman clearly don't know how to play spin in this division. 4 of the top 5 bowlers are spinners. Batted well also, probably the standout player so far.
Is it too early to guage a formline in North Division, who might make the four, who may fall into relegation territory?
Too early to call, wait till the 2 dayers start...if it ever does.

Phil Crea was right in not wanting Werribee Centrals to go up to Nth Div, they are terrible. They don't have one decent bat in their side, Haynes couldn't make a run in Hoppers 4ths last year and they have him batting in the top four. They'd struggle to even win a game in A1 this year.

Fair assessment. In saying that I can see why they wanted to try their luck. I suppose it doesn't hurt seeing how they go but they're not going to achieve much this season.

Might be worth heading down to Altona Nth this week, should be a very interesting contest between them and Hoppers. The Hoppers spinner will be a huge threat in a two day game.

This would have to be the most dissapointing forum going around. Does anyone have anything constructive to say about the North Division season?
Into the second half of the season, who are the stars, who have been dissapointing, who will make up the top 4?

This would have to be the most dissapointing forum going around. Does anyone have anything constructive to say about the North Division season?
Into the second half of the season, who are the stars, who have been dissapointing, who will make up the top 4?
It's genuinely a very even comp, so it's hard to say who will make finals. No team is really dominating even though Hoppers are sitting comfortably on top. Centrals and Moonee Valley are well below the standard. Sunshine Druids might make finals, will need to rely on their former Essendon players. Can't see United making it. Doutta have a couple good young players but not sure if the depth is there. Hoppers and Strathmore should make finals. There's no out and out superstars playing, the only two that would come close is Metters from Altona and Kennedy from Strathmore, both are dominating with bat and ball.

It's genuinely a very even comp, so it's hard to say who will make finals. No team is really dominating even though Hoppers are sitting comfortably on top. Centrals and Moonee Valley are well below the standard. Sunshine Druids might make finals, will need to rely on their former Essendon players. Can't see United making it. Doutta have a couple good young players but not sure if the depth is there. Hoppers and Strathmore should make finals. There's no out and out superstars playing, the only two that would come close is Metters from Altona and Kennedy from Strathmore, both are dominating with bat and ball.

It will be interesting to see how Hoppers go come March, if they make it? They don't have the greatest finals record going around... in the mould of G.Norman if ya know what I mean....

Back