North Division 10/11

re: North Division 10/11

i see steve brne has got a clerance to sunshine united....not going to well when umpires association give you the flick....

fredbassett;373037 said:
i see steve brne has got a clerance to sunshine united....not going to well when umpires association give you the flick....

you no your got no mates anywhere when you get the boot from the umps they dont even like him

is it just me, or is anyone enjoying the current plight of doutta stars? I for one hope they get relegated again, however this may be the sour grapes talking.

cherried_lid;373732 said:
is it just me, or is anyone enjoying the current plight of doutta stars? I for one hope they get relegated again, however this may be the sour grapes talking.

I'd say you're not on your own .....

Vicious and Well Directed;373600 said:
Could he have copped a suspension and took the job umpiring to shorten the penalty?

no suspension just had no clubs that would take him

Just glancing through the top performances across the country on My Cricket and noticed a W. Blair taking a lazy 10/22 for Sunshine against Keilor Park.

Fair effort!

Southern Son;374385 said:
Just glancing through the top performances across the country on My Cricket and noticed a W. Blair taking a lazy 10/22 for Sunshine against Keilor Park.

Fair effort!

Just a youngster to, 46 or so. Great to see

fredbassett;373037 said:

202 n.o;373450 said:
you no your got no mates anywhere when you get the boot from the umps they dont even like him

I'm sorry to drag you guys back to this, but it seems I've been out of the loop. What's the story with Brne?

From what I can gather in your comments, he was umpiring, and has now gone to SUCC's. Please explain if you can. How many clubs is that for this bloke?

Cricket returns to Lebanon Reserve this week, after a big ground redevelopment over winter.

On what surely must be the greenest piece of suburbia north of the G, 1st placed Strathmore take on 3rd placed Westmeadows in what promises to be a tight and highly competitive tussle.

There will be plenty of green stains to soak on Saturday night.

Genuine_No12;377123 said:
Cricket returns to Lebanon Reserve this week, after a big ground redevelopment over winter.

On what surely must be the greenest piece of suburbia north of the G, 1st placed Strathmore take on 3rd placed Westmeadows in what promises to be a tight and highly competitive tussle.

There will be plenty of green stains to soak on Saturday night.
What did they do? Last year I remember the outfield being quite patchy, but also quite green in some places.

Cricket Addict;377177 said:
What did they do? Last year I remember the outfield being quite patchy, but also quite green in some places.

Well they put some grass seed down,add water ,sunlight and the grass will grow.

Go home from school and watch field of dreams.

Cricket Addict;377177 said:

The ground was dug up, underground watering installed, and couch runners planted before winter.

The table was also upgraded, with couch replacing the rye grass that was previously there.

Well in the match of the round last week Doutta's got the points over Tulla.. It is a little early to say however Tulla will continue to struggle for the rest of the year and will find it tough to avoid relegation now.. I think they could have done with some of Roach's runs this season!! Anyway big games this week with the Mores v Westy and Greenvale v Druids... I will pick Westy in an upset and Greenvale in the other..

G'Day guys - Just wondering where everyone is at with their imports? Those of you that have Sri Lankans coming out, are they still coming or have you pulled the pin?

Very interested to find out whether or not we are still going to be able to get them out here

Cheers

Phart Lap;377189 said:
Well they put some grass seed down,add water ,sunlight and the grass will grow.

Go home from school and watch field of dreams.
Yeah I don't think it's as simple as that.

Genuine_No12;377240 said:
The ground was dug up, underground watering installed, and couch runners planted before winter.

The table was also upgraded, with couch replacing the rye grass that was previously there.
The underground watering system sounds good. The ground should be good to play on now. So only couch is in the table now? I've read that some curators put in a mixture of rye and couch to keep the table binded together regardless of what the weather is. Maybe that's optional considering we don't play cricket in winter.

cricket addict;377437 said:
yeah i don't think it's as simple as that.

The underground watering system sounds good. The ground should be good to play on now. So only couch is in the table now? I've read that some curators put in a mixture of rye and couch to keep the table binded together regardless of what the weather is. Maybe that's optional considering we don't play cricket in winter.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Cricket Addict;377437 said:
Yeah I don't think it's as simple as that.

That's the hope - not having to resow each September. Table is he same as the MCG.

Oh, Phart_Phace, add something of value or p155 off somewhere you might be appreciated - most likely an afternoon in front of a mirror.

Considering the heat (and loss of points) Jacana copped earlier in the year, it has been surprisingly quiet on here on recent issues at Buckley Lakes.
Week 1 saw Doutta's v. Strathmore as pretty much the only VTCA 1sts or 2nds match not to start. Too much rain during the week to get a deck up was the cry, but it appeared to those who went to the ground zero preparation had been done.
hmm, might the conspiracy theorists offer a few ideas as to why play wasn't mean to be.
So a one dayer day 2 ? Not when there is a sprinkler running Friday night at the edge of the covers. Game over b4 a ball has been bowled.
I wonder how the Powers That Be will see this one ??

Genuine_No12;381382 said:
Considering the heat (and loss of points) Jacana copped earlier in the year, it has been surprisingly quiet on here on recent issues at Buckley Lakes.
Week 1 saw Doutta's v. Strathmore as pretty much the only VTCA 1sts or 2nds match not to start. Too much rain during the week to get a deck up was the cry, but it appeared to those who went to the ground zero preparation had been done.
hmm, might the conspiracy theorists offer a few ideas as to why play wasn't mean to be.
So a one dayer day 2 ? Not when there is a sprinkler running Friday night at the edge of the covers. Game over b4 a ball has been bowled.
I wonder how the Powers That Be will see this one ??

From what I hear the Douttas captain turned up at 7am to remove the covers and find a hose running underneath the covers. I reckon it will be one word against another at any potential hearing.

Back