North West Cricket Association 2010/11

good morning bring it on

your comments are confusing .

in one entry you rate markham , erdman , trip , hackney and hare in top 5 bats .
then in your last entry you define a " gun " as someone who makes runs in the " gf " !

well for the record -

erdman hasnt played in a gf for at least 8 or so years . not sure if he got any when they won in the early 2000 ' s
trip made a big one 6-7 years ago with little success with bat since .
harey got runs 6-7 years ago with little success since .
hackney hasnt played in gf in nwca and failed in his last gf playing for hadi/merlo in mid 90's.
markham has made cpl scores of 50 or so .

your criteria for gun bats is a little strange .

i have a simple criteria for all players - bats / bowlers .

guns are match winners . they win games for there teams . the bigger the games the better the players are !

i agree with tjs kats , there are no " gun " bowlers in comp . many very good to good bowlers .
with bats , there are cpl very good players and many good players .

markham is the class bat . no if's or buts . poor indictment on the comp actualy when the class player is well past his best and in his early to mid 40's . were are the gun young players ?

markham has played at a much higher level while the rest are good local cricketers .

totally disagree with tjs re. tripp . hare is best bat at paco and he's on par with at least 10 bats in comp .
dont know whats happened to telford . cpl years ago class player and easly the best " local " bat .

Agree with you again Lakers legend, bring it on is very confusing !
I must also say if he is bagging a player of markhams quality then he is a dill . The NWCA is a retirement comp for JM as we all know he has played higher levels. Guys like tripp hare erdmen have never played a higher level so NO comparison!
I see yr point with tripp vs hare , maybe i was looking at it as A WHOLE cricketer with tripp being such a handy bowler.
Speaking of lakers legends i also think markham from TL anf of course Thomas were top players who are missed in the nwca.
Looking tru the scores from the weekend there are so many new names and the ladder looks very different to most years., its great to see sides like syd, camp , kealba up there while gp and bp are trailing the pack.

I have to much time on my hands finals over the last 6 to 7 years
Markham 12,49,128,51,20,19,148,3,1,1 equates to 43.2 not to shabby
Shep 54.26,147,32,62,10,8,9,140,0 = 48.8
Telford 43,68,57,2,66,0,4,58,68= 40.6

All 3 have accounted for themselves quite nicely it would seem

C'mon fella's, let's get serious.
Johnny Markham has been the premier Batsman in the Comp for the past 5 years, closely followed by Heath Shepherd(some people's opinion of him may be clouded due to his behaviour at times but he is an absolute freak of a batsman). Hackney had a great season last year,has proved himself at higher level & due to JM & HS not playing has taken over the no.1 mantle.
The rest aren't in the same league as these 3. That doesn't mean they aren't good players in this comp but it's like comparing Chris Judd to Liam Picken!

gladdy boy

not sure were you got your numbers from ..
if the above where right gladdy would have won another 3 flags .
shep did get 50 in semi few years back and 100 when gladdy made 500 against paco .in semi , yes 500 !
telford , confirms his quality . just dont know whats happened in last cpl years .
markham is class above rest .

thats were gladdy fell down . their top order bats have totally dominated prelim rounds with massive numbers .
come finals just havent got the same return , not even close .
the comparison / differential between home/away to finals is absolutely massive . that is glady's problem !
what you need to take into account and dont seem to grasp , during season you only have x amount of balls to bat . if one ,two or 3 players are taking up 70-80 % of those balls at crease , that is a huge problem .
come finals those players fail , the rest are on a hiding to nothing .
that scenario sounds familiar glady boy .

pacoe boy , impressive number by harey . just reiterates what i mentioned in previous entry . still young in cricket terms and yet to see the best off . will have some very impressive numbers when he finishes up . should be testing himself at higher level though . maybe a chink in the armour , fragility and maybe a lack of inner belief in his ability ?

tjs couldnt agree with you more . markham close to best bat in comp in last 5-10 years . was happy to sit back and bat 5-6 during season and stepped up big time in finals . when challenged to bat higher in last cpl years , his class prevailed and the big numbers followed .
thomas the best bowler in last 5-10 years , no question . record speaks for its self .

C'mon fella's, let's get serious.
Johnny Markham has been the premier Batsman in the Comp for the past 5 years, closely followed by Heath Shepherd(some people's opinion of him may be clouded due to his behaviour at times but he is an absolute freak of a batsman). Hackney had a great season last year,has proved himself at higher level & due to JM & HS not playing has taken over the no.1 mantle.
The rest aren't in the same league as these 3. That doesn't mean they aren't good players in this comp but it's like comparing Chris Judd to Liam Picken!

cutoverslips46

totally disagree .

shep not in the same class as markham and miles apart .

as in my previous entry his differential between home/away and finals is light years apart .
how do you judge a player who continually makes 500 - 700 runs per year and doesnt come close in finals ?

its funny , you follow afl ?
in 2009 leon davis was all australian . after his last 4 games of that season and finals there was talk about a trade .
year later he is finished .

number during season can be very distorting and not true indication of ones quality / ability.

i judge players by their ability to win games , and big games . i judge wether a player can play at a higher level against better quality opposition . i judge wether a player can sustain a style of play at a higher level .

i know markham has played district ones , played for country australia . could shep play like he does at that level ?

the shep style of batting just doesnt stand up in big games / finals . history will support my comments !
if shep is a freak , then there are 100 "s and 100 " s playing locally , not to mention vtca / district / sub district / country etc .

if i was picking a team i would pick a harey before shep any day . the numbers support that !

good morning bring it on

your comments are confusing .

in one entry you rate markham , erdman , trip , hackney and hare in top 5 bats .
then in your last entry you define a " gun " as someone who makes runs in the " gf " !

well for the record -

erdman hasnt played in a gf for at least 8 or so years . not sure if he got any when they won in the early 2000 ' s
trip made a big one 6-7 years ago with little success with bat since .
harey got runs 6-7 years ago with little success since .
hackney hasnt played in gf in nwca and failed in his last gf playing for hadi/merlo in mid 90's.
markham has made cpl scores of 50 or so .

your criteria for gun bats is a little strange .

i have a simple criteria for all players - bats / bowlers .

guns are match winners . they win games for there teams . the bigger the games the better the players are !

i agree with tjs kats , there are no " gun " bowlers in comp . many very good to good bowlers .
with bats , there are cpl very good players and many good players .

markham is the class bat . no if's or buts . poor indictment on the comp actualy when the class player is well past his best and in his early to mid 40's . were are the gun young players ?

markham has played at a much higher level while the rest are good local cricketers .

totally disagree with tjs re. tripp . hare is best bat at paco and he's on par with at least 10 bats in comp .
dont know whats happened to telford . cpl years ago class player and easly the best " local " bat .

just reading your post and thats fair enough lakers what you said i just dont like using the word gun just for the sake of it like that guy calling the storm captain a gun and i take your point some players dont get to play any many grand finals cause they choose to stay and play in sides that have struggled or play at a club that the love instead of moving around chasing a flag , i think we forget when we compare as you said markham is in hes 40s as is erdman and they still get the job done for there teams , tripp is still the best all rounder in the comp, hackney , hare , and english who is yet to fire this year and the other two i mentioned are the best players in the comp and what they do for there teams when it counts the rest you can raffle

just reading your post and thats fair enough lakers what you said i just dont like using the word gun just for the sake of it like that guy calling the storm captain a gun and i take your point some players dont get to play any many grand finals cause they choose to stay and play in sides that have struggled or play at a club that the love instead of moving around chasing a flag , i think we forget when we compare as you said markham is in hes 40s as is erdman and they still get the job done for there teams , tripp is still the best all rounder in the comp, hackney , hare , and english who is yet to fire this year and the other two i mentioned are the best players in the comp and what they do for there teams when it counts the rest you can raffle

how are you bring it on

gun , cant agree more . its like in the footy . he's a champion , he's a champion etc . just used way to much and not justified in many cases .
my definition of a gun is my view only . there are lots of good players in the comp , the more quality the better the standard / competition .

lets get off this subject who's best . what about sat's round of cricket .

gladdy get up of the canvas and have one of its most important wins in the last cpl years . the skipper lead from the front .
paco very diasppointing . half the names in gladdy team unknown .one that poss. got away . could that be costly ?
the tip rats win again . are they the real deal or will they implode as season approaches pointy end ?
syd win but not convincing . are they to relient of hackney . claim the prize scalp and syd crumble ?? big question mark ??
the foreign legion at campbellfield have convicing win . can they push top 4 ?

this is the most open season for many many years .

how are you bring it on

gun , cant agree more . its like in the footy . he's a champion , he's a champion etc . just used way to much and not justified in many cases .
my definition of a gun is my view only . there are lots of good players in the comp , the more quality the better the standard / competition .

lets get off this subject who's best . what about sat's round of cricket .

gladdy get up of the canvas and have one of its most important wins in the last cpl years . the skipper lead from the front .
paco very diasppointing . half the names in gladdy team unknown .one that poss. got away . could that be costly ?
the tip rats win again . are they the real deal or will they implode as season approaches pointy end ?
syd win but not convincing . are they to relient of hackney . claim the prize scalp and syd crumble ?? big question mark ??
the foreign legion at campbellfield have convicing win . can they push top 4 ?

this is the most open season for many many years .

yes very open season gladdy a huge win with so many players missing , hare and tripp and brett barron all decided to go to the cox plate instead of playing cricket not sure that is sending the right message considering hare is captain interesting , the tip rats had a good win i noticed on mycricket buckley park lost 5/9 to get beat chassing 174 , the storm lost 7/16 at one stage hackney didnt play , if campbellfield are going to be the real deal then we will find out this weekend when they play buckley park if they win that then there right in the mix if buckley park get beat and go 1/3 then there in big trouble , the tip rats have had a good start but will wait and see if they are the real deal when it comes to 2 day cricket

Weapons,

not sure how much you know about shep, but he made one of the best finals hundreds about 7 or 8 years in the Jika comp when it was 10 times better than most comps going around. He made 270 out of 330. So to say he doesn't perform in big games is unfair. Maybe not lately, but he would be in his 40's now I would be guessing.

Weapons,

not sure how much you know about shep, but he made one of the best finals hundreds about 7 or 8 years in the Jika comp when it was 10 times better than most comps going around. He made 270 out of 330. So to say he doesn't perform in big games is unfair. Maybe not lately, but he would be in his 40's now I would be guessing.

wtf........dont quote me on something serious......couldnt give a continental......
though i know he is a tool......from a local footy player/watcher.......
and as you say 270 out of 330 on mats on a postage stamp is a great innings!!!!

wtf........dont quote me on something serious......couldnt give a continental......

sorry weapons, that shouldve been directed at lakers legend.

sorry weapons, that shouldve been directed at lakers legend.

mmvca

i just had to complete 37.50 minutes of breathing exercises , popped 5 valium , skulled 6 west coat coolers and inhaled passive smoke while standing next to a group of hippies smoking joints after your previous entry .

lets see - jika one of the " best " comp's going around ?
your credability , what you had , has totally been washed away . the jika comp is what's best described as a social comp for blokes who just like a slap .

i stand by my comments . history and the record books support my thoughts .

what are you going to tell us next ..... the mmvca is up there with the subbies / vtca sen div ?

you blokes who havent ventured out of the local comp s , do yourself a favour . get out and see other cricket , other players and then give us your opinions .

weapons...... yr a d_ck. Im sure you havent made 170 let alone 270 . so whats yr greatest innings in comparison to a 270 ?

weapons...... yr a d_ck. Im sure you havent made 170 let alone 270 . so whats yr greatest innings in comparison to a 270 ?

134( off 192) out of 340 odd in that 2 partnerships of a hundred and 1 of 50.......what does it matter......???
only that it was on the real stuff......that wasnt my best knock though.....96* and faced the first ball of the day......playing against a side that hadnt lost a game for a couple of years and we needed to knock them off to make the finals and we did and then we knocked them off in the semi the next week and i got 89......poor old caulfield....then we went onto play in the grand final for a win(altona) then won the championship final(box hill).......2006/07 subby champions.....happy dayzzzzz!!!!

anything else......????

mmvca

i just had to complete 37.50 minutes of breathing exercises , popped 5 valium , skulled 6 west coat coolers and inhaled passive smoke while standing next to a group of hippies smoking joints after your previous entry .

lets see - jika one of the " best " comp's going around ?
your credability , what you had , has totally been washed away . the jika comp is what's best described as a social comp for blokes who just like a slap .

i stand by my comments . history and the record books support my thoughts .

what are you going to tell us next ..... the mmvca is up there with the subbies / vtca sen div ?

you blokes who havent ventured out of the local comp s , do yourself a favour . get out and see other cricket , other players and then give us your opinions .

you on my diet????haha

134( off 192) out of 340 odd in that 2 partnerships of a hundred and 1 of 50.......what does it matter......???
only that it was on the real stuff......that wasnt my best knock though.....96* and faced the first ball of the day......playing against a side that hadnt lost a game for a couple of years and we needed to knock them off to make the finals and we did and then we knocked them off in the semi the next week and i got 89......poor old caulfield....then we went onto play in the grand final for a win(altona) then won the championship final(box hill).......2006/07 subby champions.....happy dayzzzzz!!!!

anything else......????
your going on abt 130's and 80's but he has made a few double centuries and im led to believe one in a one dayer. goose

your going on abt 130's and 80's but he has made a few double centuries and im led to believe one in a one dayer. goose

i dont look at double hundreds/hundreds.....yeah its a great personal achievement no doubt but i look at the running between wickets the partnerships the singles the blind turns the calls all the little things that go inside the word success to make me/my team/club a more professional place to be.......

does/did he play on 1 of the smallest grounds in the comp???

he is a half back flanker(well what ive seen of him from the footy field)......and i tell you what the team of the year to date you lining up on the other 1.......goose!!!

who gives a rats about old shep!!!!

keep it comming.......stay tuned on the word from c.c.c

i dont look at double hundreds/hundreds.....yeah its a great personal achievement no doubt but i look at the running between wickets the partnerships the singles the blind turns the calls all the little things that go inside the word success to make me/my team/club a more professional place to be.......

does/did he play on 1 of the smallest grounds in the comp???

he is a half back flanker(well what ive seen of him from the footy field)......and i tell you what the team of the year to date you lining up on the other 1.......goose!!!

who gives a rats about old shep!!!!

keep it comming.......stay tuned on the word from c.c.c

If these little things are in fact the things you look at and big scores not something you hold in high regard i fail to see why you even comment on this forum as considering you play in another competition at the same time as you would have no idea about who does any of these small things as you are not there to see them, scores are all you have to go off.

As for Shep he was a gun unfortunately his best days are behind him everyone has to retire at some stage and he has been smart enough to do it before it passed him completely, had we won the flag it would have been the perfect way for him to retire (yes Im aware we didnt)

shep when he was up and going was a run machine and craved runs he did all those little thingsyou speak off the hard running and so forth but it was overshadowed by the mans freaskish ability to hit a long ball. Yes he did play on a postage stamp but when he was on there was not a ground in the world that had boundaries big enough and I dont care how big the ground is anyone who can make 229 in a one dayer can bat and I consider myself very lucky to have watched it.
CCC....whats the news???

Back