Northern Metropolitan Cricket Association (Jika)

Re: Northern Metropolitan Cricket Association (Jika)

mickleson gone to thomastown united i hear????????
what do cobras think of this???

Informant;365908 said:

He's just a slogger isn't he?? that bowls nippy, but erratic??

Informant;365908 said:

Sad to see Matty go, will be welcome back at anytime. Bit more than just a slogger, he single handedly won an elimination final for Cobras last year. All the best Matty I hope you do the same for Thomastown.

Bazza;366019 said:
Sad to see Matty go, will be welcome back at anytime. Bit more than just a slogger, he single handedly won an elimination final for Cobras last year. All the best Matty I hope you do the same for Thomastown.

Yeah he played a good game that game
He is a good cricketer a loss to the club but we move on
All the Best Matty in the future

bit early but ive started a market of which club he will be at in the 10/11 season
lalor 2.75
baseballers 4.00
keon park 6.00

haha just joking ;)

i think this will only hurt the cobras though. good bowler, steady bat and good fielder. hard to replace

i would like to wish Paul Lewis the best in his return to cricket after a 8 year absence, even tho he has kept himself in great nick i still think the chance of him gaining his third duck in a row is very high. I would like to quote the great man when asked this morning where he thinks he should bat, he remarked " i will have to open as the the bowlers will be too slow on the synthetic", cocky some might say, not i, i say foolish.

to the Bundoora park bolwers who get to play against this great man, he has no shots and can't run fast, so please bowl on the stumps and let him achieve greatness, good luck Paul.:p:p:p

P.S if he bowls they are in heaps too, but watch out for the the froat cutters.

Id just love to know the face on the Camrea Presidents face after the Events yesterday ! makes the comments from himself at the presidents meeting a bit funny !
All the best to them but i must say im sure a few of us NMCA loyals had a little chuckle !

Average at both! lol

Some good wins first up for Lalor and Cobra's in JIKA shield. Well done guys, looks like they will be more than competitive...

Best of luck this weekend to all...

one shot;368075 said:
i would like to wish Paul Lewis the best in his return to cricket after a 8 year absence, even tho he has kept himself in great nick i still think the chance of him gaining his third duck in a row is very high. I would like to quote the great man when asked this morning where he thinks he should bat, he remarked " i will have to open as the the bowlers will be too slow on the synthetic", cocky some might say, not i, i say foolish.

to the Bundoora park bolwers who get to play against this great man, he has no shots and can't run fast, so please bowl on the stumps and let him achieve greatness, good luck Paul.:p:p:p

P.S if he bowls they are in heaps too, but watch out for the the froat cutters.

He has had a great start to the comeback 3 & 1 and not a hope of bowling

good so see the comp is so even, the quality will come through.

interesting to see the 'off field' controversy on this site stops when a few clubs leave? also there is no 'onfield' controversy???....but it wasnt them was it?

well done NMCA.

northmetroboy;369921 said:
good so see the comp is so even, the quality will come through.

Interesting to see the 'off field' controversy on this site stops when a few clubs leave? Also there is no 'onfield' controversy???....but it wasnt them was it?

Well done nmca.

your just a pot stirrer trying to start something as usual.

jikaboy;369939 said:
your just a pot stirrer trying to start something as usual.

ahh captain obvious.....you must agree, its all gone quiet though!!

who do people think will win the flag this year??

northmetroboy;369945 said:
ahh captain obvious.....you must agree, its all gone quiet though!!

who do people think will win the flag this year??

keon park or northcote united

smackdown;369847 said:
He has had a great start to the comeback 3 & 1 and not a hope of bowling

Smackdown, word around the traps is that he is pacing himself so to peak running into the finals.
With those scores he believes he might get up.

He has been heard to say that the one day game doesn't suit him and watch out next game.

i think he has the coach covered for runs this year tho.:rolleyes:

one shot;369995 said:
Smackdown, word around the traps is that he is pacing himself so to peak running into the finals.
With those scores he believes he might get up.

He has been heard to say that the one day game doesn't suit him and watch out next game.

i think he has the coach covered for runs this year tho.:rolleyes:

The big question is when will the coach actually have a hit

Campaigner;351817 said:
Preston Druids making waves!!!!
From the club website 03/06/2009
Captain/Coach appointed season 2009/10

It is with great pleasure to announce Michael Butera as Captain/Coach for 2009/2010 season.

Michael is a quality person with a cricketing background at district level.

What Michael brings to the club, is a not only strong focus & playing ethic but also, skills development from the bottom up, beginning with fitness and a disciplined approach to all facets of the game.

As you will see from the attached letter from Michael and detailed winter fitness scheduled, he is focused on a positive start to training, leading into the season.

Michael will be at the AGM on June 16th, 2009 where he will present the vision for the coming year.

Come to the AGM and welcome Michael to our club.

Go Druids
Does anyone know what happened to Michael Butera at the Druids?
I see now that he is Captain/Coach at Westmeadows. That relationship didn't last long, he didn't even make the start of the seaon!

TGAT;370512 said:
Does anyone know what happened to Michael Butera at the Druids?
I see now that he is Captain/Coach at Westmeadows. That relationship didn't last long, he didn't even make the start of the seaon!
I was told he was moving to SA for work

Back