Northern Metropolitan Cricket Association (Jika)

Re: Northern Metropolitan Cricket Association (Jika)

another round guys, lets hear everyones tips
jika shield:
keon park'
northcote united
cobras
lalor

quick shield:
bundoora
cameron in an upset
dennis
ycs

TGAT;370512 said:
Does anyone know what happened to Michael Butera at the Druids?
I see now that he is Captain/Coach at Westmeadows. That relationship didn't last long, he didn't even make the start of the seaon!

Druids coach on 3rd june,

then this (from westmeadows cc facebook page)

Paul wrote at 12:58am on June 12th, 2009
After a long process, we can finally announce our new captain/coach for season 2009/10.

Michael Butera has accepted the position. He is a very experienced player at good grades of cricket. This includes
* a long career at Carlton, where he played in their first for several years. He was a vice captain at the club.
* a short stint playing 1's at Essendon.
He has coached two clubs previously:
* Banyule (seniors won a flag)
* Greensborough

Michael has represented the Victorian 2nd IX on numerous occasions.

He made his name as a wicketkeeper but is a very handy bat, especially at our level. Good news for you Heath is that he does not plan to keep.

There is absolutely no doubt that he will bring a fresh approach to the club. Professionalism and development of players will be high on his agenda.

It's going to be an exciting period for the club.

A date for a 'meet the coach' type function (on a sunday arvo) will be announced very shortly.

seems like a top bloke????????? not well liked in hdca and dvca circles so i'm told

runMachine!;370786 said:
another round guys, lets hear everyones tips
jika shield:
keon park'
northcote united
cobras
lalor

quick shield:
bundoora
cameron in an upset
dennis
ycs

Rivergum?

smackdown;370036 said:
The big question is when will the coach actually have a hit

you seem to know baseballers well, i love the work their doing for their junior development this season, with Paul"forest gump" Lewis, Ray "were's my teeth" walker,christo and the coach , wow what a vets team, no hang on, they are play in the senoir teams.

rumour has it that Paul lewis has been down the bowling machine all week, i pitty the fools that heve to bowl to him this match:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Who does everyone think will win this week's matches
Druids v Baseballers
Cobras v Holy Trinity
Northcote United v Keon Park
Warriors v Socials

reedy_92;372424 said:
Who does everyone think will win this week's matches
Druids v Baseballers
Cobras v Holy Trinity
Northcote United v Keon Park
Warriors v Socials

Druids, as they seem to have got confidence with a good win behind them.
Holy Trinty. 1 of the form sides.
Keon Park, as it is a 1 day game.
Warriors. They seem to be the other form side at the moment.

northmetroboy;370801 said:
Druids coach on 3rd june,

then this (from westmeadows cc facebook page)

Michael Butera has accepted the position. He is a very experienced player at .

seems like a top bloke????????? not well liked in hdca and dvca circles so i'm told

You are informed correctly, Northmetroboy. You can be quite sure that no HDCA club will touch him with a 40-foot pole.

I'm a little curious as to why he and Druids parted ways so early. I thought it would be at least Christmas before they offloaded him.:D

bringbackdeano;372465 said:
You are informed correctly, Northmetroboy. You can be quite sure that no HDCA club will touch him with a 40-foot pole.

I'm a little curious as to why he and Druids parted ways so early. I thought it would be at least Christmas before they offloaded him.:D
He told the Druids he was working in Adelaid during cricket season but would be cherry ripe after Xmas. I don't think Westmeadows is in SA. He signed a contract and then went and got more money elsewhere and then lied to the Druids from what I hear

how bad are keon park going considering they were meant to be shoe ins for the flag this year? holy trinity have taken over as flag favourites. lalor doing great, cobras starting to get found out and baseballers are plain terrible.

in quick rivergum are standouts and look to be on a mission this year. ycw look to be there threat and the surprise could come from olympic who are going along nicely. donath dennis and fairfield are terrible.

C Grade premiers will be darebin. $1.02

Informant;373359 said:
how bad are keon park going considering they were meant to be shoe ins for the flag this year? holy trinity have taken over as flag favourites. lalor doing great, cobras starting to get found out and baseballers are plain terrible.

in quick rivergum are standouts and look to be on a mission this year. ycw look to be there threat and the surprise could come from olympic who are going along nicely. donath dennis and fairfield are terrible.

C Grade premiers will be darebin. $1.02

How do you come to the conclusion that the cobras are starting to get found out? they lost by 20 runs to the team who you consider flag favourites? three blokes over 25 in the team against holy trintiy suggests that for such a young team, they have been more than competitive against blokes who have played A grade for a fair while now

glad q;373625 said:
How do you come to the conclusion that the cobras are starting to get found out? they lost by 20 runs to the team who you consider flag favourites? three blokes over 25 in the team against holy trintiy suggests that for such a young team, they have been more than competitive against blokes who have played A grade for a fair while now

whats your excuse against socials? its just my opinion mate

Informant;373652 said:
whats your excuse against socials? its just my opinion mate

yeh bad day against them, but full credit to their team because they bowled really really well and i think they are underrated a bit...not having a crack i understand its your opinion..just wondered why

Informant;373359 said:

MMMMMMMMM

under 21s squad named

first game at camberwell sports ground. 420 camberwell road (map 59 k2) 11 45am start against the eastern cricket association. would be great to see as many people down there supporting the boys as possible

SQUAD:
Kristian Duca (cameron)
Dan Dunbar (cobras)
Eamonn Scott (holy trinity)
Ben Slaviero (holy trinity)
Joe Russo (keon park)
Sam Russo (keon park)
Nathan Thomas (lalor)
Todd Hughes (lalor)
Justin White (olympic colts)
John Boughton (preston baseballers)
Phil Hiah (preston baseballers)
Matthew Perri (rivergum)
Daniel Bramich (rivergum)
Daniel Young (rivergum)

Opening Batsman;374601 said:
That very short, are they really that good or should be playing in a higher grade?

they aint good mate take ur catches and they are gone.
bowlers bowl nice lines and batters everything cross bat.
either make shit loads or make nothing.
dhingra there best bat

Back