ODI XI Selection Thread

So Haddins omission is because he needs a rest, it's not performance really it's not.

Well, they were happy enough to say Smith and Marsh need to go back to Shield and do better so - and considering how conservative they are with the senior players - I think he probably and unfortunately is being rested.

If Wade performs i would think it very unlikely that Haddin will return to the ODI squad. At 34 he is really getting to the point of being past the test job too. His performance was woeful this season and as much as the selectors never want to create insecurity around senior players, surely the writing is on the wall.

Forrest is a surprising selection for the squad, word is that he will make his debut today against Sri Lanka

Wouldn't be against George Bailey getting a look in the side if an opportunity came up, I'd be nice if he sorted his ****ing dodgy running between wickets out first though..

Looks like Harris has been dropped for the rest of the tri-series and is playing in the shield, might not be a bad thing if they end up needing him for the West Indies.

Squads for the West Indies.

One Day
Clarke (c), Watson (vc), Bailey, Christian, Doherty, Forrest, Haddin, Hilfenhaus, D Hussey, M Hussey, Lee, Lyon, McKay, Pattinson, Wade, Warner

T20
Bailey (c), Watson (vc), Christian, Doherty, Forrest, D Hussey, M Hussey, Lee, Lyon, McKay, Pattinson, Wade, Warner

Squads for the West Indies.

One Day
Clarke (c), Watson (vc), Bailey, Christian, Doherty, Forrest, Haddin, Hilfenhaus, D Hussey, M Hussey, Lee, Lyon, McKay, Pattinson, Wade, Warner

T20
Bailey (c), Watson (vc), Christian, Doherty, Forrest, D Hussey, M Hussey, Lee, Lyon, McKay, Pattinson, Wade, Warner
Lyon finally in the squad for the limited over games. I didn't get why he wasn't selected for T20, 'cause he was first spotted in the Big bash.

I guess they want a younger team and think he's to old. Personally not a Haddin fan BTW, and Wade looks half decent.

Wade's record is not quite as good as it appears and this is a bit of a warning to him, but really Haddin? hopeless.

Hopefully I'm wrong but I don't rate the guy, seems very limited in his available shots and can't work a single to turn over the strike.

I agree. I don't think he's got enough shots to play ODIs for Aus and his single-taking ability appears to be completely absent. He must be pretty frustrating to bat with.

I agree. I don't think he's got enough shots to play ODIs for Aus and his single-taking ability appears to be completely absent. He must be pretty frustrating to bat with.

All players have to grow and learn and this guy seems to have the patience. we have a shortage of experienced players at the moment, they are either young or they are retiring.

His List A record is very poor though. Some players aren't suited to limited overs. I would think if Clarke was there he wouldn't get a spot at all.

I'd think when Clarke is available, Forrest will lose his spot. He's made runs though, so good on him. Even if he bats a bit slow, it's better than a bloke who scores 12 off 15 balls. He's made some decent totals, and with Warner, Watson, Wade and the Husseys batting around him, someone who can anchor things is ok.

Turning over the strike and taking more singles are things that someone of his ability should be able to work on.

Back