• Australia

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 13 100.0%
  • Pakistan

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Re: Pakistan in Australia

Australia 1/211, Katich up to 87, Ponting is 19 from only 20 balls faced. Runs starting to flow a bit more freely since Ponting arrived at the crease. He is wearing an arm guard as well.

Pakistan don't even look like getting a wicket. Ajmal has bowled well though.

molly29;382166 said:
That has made my day seeing Watson choke himself to death again. I, like many Australians, hate Shane Watson with a passion and am absolutely over the moon that he went out the way he did... I was praying he wouldn't get the ton. Not only is he the biggest bogan that's ever represented Australia, but he's also officially the biggest nong!

Let's move this tosser on and bring a quality opener into the team.....Phil Hughes. where are you.

PS. Chris Gayle, I'm sure you'll have a bit of a chuckle to yourself when you see the footage of the dismissal...it was Gold....ha ha ha
:)

Metrosexual, Yes. Bogan, No.

I didn't like Watson's comments either, in fact I laughed when Gayle called him a fish bait a couple of days ago but no player deserves to be run out like that, even if you don't like them.

Katich out for 98, cuts behind point but is caught by Salman Butt. Seems no-one from Australia can make 100.

2/234, Ponting has raced to 30.

Pakistan trying to bounce Ponting out but it is not working. Last three short balls have all gone for runs and Ponting is starting to look pretty good.

2/254, Ponting up to 48 already, Hussey on 8.

Pakistan all over the shop now. Last four overs have for for 36 and then last ten have leaked 54. 2/290, Ponting up to 57 off 59, Hussey 29 off 27.

57 runs off 8.3 overs is the partnership and the day is firming falling into Australia's favour.

Edit: And as I say that, Ponting edges behind to Misbah at second slip off Mohammad Asif. 3/291. Ponting out for 57. Hauritz in as nightwatchman.

3/305 at the close, Hussey made it to 38, Hauritz scored five.

Excellent first day for Australia, they are well set after good innings from Watson and Katich and then from Ponting who stepped up the run rate with Hussey. Pakistan's bowling wasn't great, their attack lacked experience but Ajmal managed to bowl well in the two sessions before tea. After that, all the bowlers struggled as Ponting and Hussey upped the scoring rate, putting Australia in a good position for a big score.

The day will be remembered though for the awful run-out between Katich and Watson with the latter once again falling short of 100.

Well personally I'm happy if every batsman in the team make at least a fifty. And I do think this is a record if I'm not mistaken. I think this beats the English record of 15 50s not converted before a century was finally scored. This took them 5 matches. Australia are now up to 17 without a century if nobody in this match scores one.

C'mon Huss. It's up to you now.

Hahahaha I remember that, 201*, and that was when Hussey got 150odd at the other end, so Hauritz should feel something is on his side. He's not a bad bat so I'm going to be expecting something a little from him, if not then too bad I guess.

Oh what a shame it was to see Watson choke again (okay wasn't entirely his fault). Couldnt of happened to a better bloke :)

Hussey will show the other guys how to convert. He steps up on the biggest stage when needed

Back