Phil Crea - a lifetime in cricket

Re: North A and B 09/10

160plus;392912 said:
guess what you are out, hit the middle of the bat and along the ground and your safe...

what about your 10 other innings this year, can you please outline how you were unlucky in those as well

only one when the united keeper didnt have the ball in his hands when i was run out , people question my honesty well i have seen a couple this year i question,

phil crea;392915 said:
only one when the united keeper didnt have the ball in his hands when i was run out , people question my honesty well i have seen a couple this year i question,

just dissapointing u look forward to the game u love ,and playing in grannys and not getting the beneift of the doubt , i only get dirty when u cop shit descisions

phil crea;392918 said:
just dissapointing u look forward to the game u love ,and playing in grannys and not getting the beneift of the doubt , i only get dirty when u cop shit descisions

pull out the tissues

punter 18;392923 said:
pull out the tissues

nah no need punter, after 30 years u get used to it the next day u look at your kids and misses , and u move on and look forward to the upcomeing week

phil crea;392906 said:
what can he say i think he was having a nap , i am sure both blokes were great umpires in there day , just not sure about now ,was talking to an umpire and even he said there is poltics in the way the pick grand final umpires
I think you will find that the umps are appointed on the Captains marks, of which you are one of those. In the book you are out, move on.

phil crea;392894 said:
lets say after claiming a catch that didnt carry ,if i was monee valley boys i wouldnt be picking up the ball

Phil wasn't there to see what happened but I would think the Valley boys are still smarting from a couple of years ago when you smashed one to second slip only for the umpire to give you not out. That's right in that game the batting side provided the umpires....... mmmmm. I'm sure you have got the benefit of a couple your way over the years. Regardless of the game or the decision you stick your bat under your arm, look to where the sheds are and get there as quickly as you can. i've played for a long time and I have never seen one reversed yet, and I doubt it would happen in a granny. By the way, congratulations I would think you are the first park cricketer to get his own thread. Good work!

southern sledge;392937 said:
I think you will find that the umps are appointed on the Captains marks, of which you are one of those. In the book you are out, move on.

b4 you open your mouth or in this case start on ur keyboard you need to get your facts correct.
Phil is not the Captain of the WCCC, so you should move on.

Guru14;392942 said:
Phil wasn't there to see what happened but I would think the Valley boys are still smarting from a couple of years ago when you smashed one to second slip only for the umpire to give you not out. That's right in that game the batting side provided the umpires....... mmmmm. I'm sure you have got the benefit of a couple your way over the years. Regardless of the game or the decision you stick your bat under your arm, look to where the sheds are and get there as quickly as you can. i've played for a long time and I have never seen one reversed yet, and I doubt it would happen in a granny. By the way, congratulations I would think you are the first park cricketer to get his own thread. Good work!

Roger, I agree 100% with you regarding getting the benifit of a couple over the years, but in a GF it is a totaly different story. Im not saying Phil was out or he was not out but if there is the smallest doubt in a decision in a GF it must be given not out.
Let me say Mark Nankervis was given out LBW and I could not believe he was given out (let me tell you I had a great view of it). Any doubt in a GF MUST go the batsman's way.
I am not saying the umpires over the last 2 days have done a bad job, im just saying if there is any doubt in a GF the decision should be NOTOUT.

southern sledge;392937 said:

2 bad ones in a granny .bit hard to cop ., i am sure we could have umpires who have umpired us during the year who we can have , time to reward them with there efforts ,

Re: Phil Crea - a lifetime in cricket

well the fact is if the umpire gave those decisions out then AT THE TIME there was NO doubt in the umpires mind. In the end 10notout they call it as they see it.. Grand final or not...

Guru14;392942 said:

i agree ,didnt swear at the bloke just told him his best days are past him and maybe mine

Guru14;392942 said:

surely im close guru...........:eek:

Is this Phil Crea the 7 time A Turf Premiership player for Grand United? How do you think your opening bowlers would stack up against Chuggy and Frewy when they used to rip the heart out of cym's in three consecutive grand finals I see the GU boys are well on their way to another premiership?

10notout;392951 said:
b4 you open your mouth or in this case start on ur keyboard you need to get your facts correct.
Phil is not the Captain of the WCCC, so you should move on.
My mistake, 10 no but he's getting more coverage than Michael Clarke. Having said that maybe he should speak to his Captain about his umpire ratings!

fab10;392965 said:
Is this Phil Crea the 7 time A Turf Premiership player for Grand United? How do you think your opening bowlers would stack up against Chuggy and Frewy when they used to rip the heart out of cym's in three consecutive grand finals I see the GU boys are well on their way to another premiership?

yeah phil hid at 7 or 8.......

id like 7 or 8 medals though........;)

10notout;392954 said:
Roger, I agree 100% with you regarding getting the benifit of a couple over the years, but in a GF it is a totaly different story. Im not saying Phil was out or he was not out but if there is the smallest doubt in a decision in a GF it must be given not out.
Let me say Mark Nankervis was given out LBW and I could not believe he was given out (let me tell you I had a great view of it). Any doubt in a GF MUST go the batsman's way.
I am not saying the umpires over the last 2 days have done a bad job, im just saying if there is any doubt in a GF the decision should be NOTOUT.

I was there all day 10not out & must say that it was very predictable when a LBW was about to be given (every 4th appeal to be exact) against you blokes..........you could read the umps so easy from the boundary it bordered on embarrassing for them.................it makes it hard when your trying to sign up a ex district player to play local next year & he sees that crap happening.....put it this way it wasnt helping my chances........:eek::eek:

fab10;392965 said:

fab 10 i am a centrals man now but still have some great mates down at gu ,i have no doubt they will win again because they are champions and the best side in the west ,put in this way the four men are great blokes and there stats prove it

southern sledge;392967 said:
My mistake, 10 no but he's getting more coverage than Michael Clarke. Having said that maybe he should speak to his Captain about his umpire ratings!

how can u rate umpires if u dont have them to the grand final, i thought we rated blokes who we have during the year my mistake

Back