Phil Crea - a lifetime in cricket

Re: North A and B 09/10

hussler;392972 said:
I was there all day 10not out & must say that it was very predictable when a LBW was about to be given (every 4th appeal to be exact) against you blokes..........you could read the umps so easy from the boundary it bordered on embarrassing for them.................it makes it hard when your trying to sign up a ex district player to play local next year & he sees that crap happening.....put it this way it wasnt helping my chances........:eek::eek:

rest my case

phil crea;392979 said:
dont get me wrong i like the 2 men we have , but if u have to be honest they had very poor days

I can't believe I am doing this but I have to agree with Phil. Poor old Kenny is well and truly past his best days of umpiring. We had him a few times this year and although he was consistently bad for both sides which sort of evens it up a bit, you don't want or expect that in a GF.

I have usually found Dave to be not a bad umpire though.

One question to you Phil, I understand your comment about letting the younger umpires do your games and the likes of Ken doing second eleven games because unfortunately he is past it, but I ask you this. Do you think with Werribee's history this year on and off the ground it would be in the VTCA's best interests to appoint two young guys to a Grand Final who could be easily intimidated.

In answer to somebody about the deck at East Keilor this year. When I played there it was still very very hard but had a lot more grass coverage then Saturdays deck. It's always good down there and Saturday was no exception. A belter. Congrats EK on getting a deck like that up. A deck that wont influence a result in a Grand Final like Spottys has in recent years is commendable. Good luck to both sides on the weekend

hussler;392972 said:
I was there all day 10not out & must say that it was very predictable when a LBW was about to be given (every 4th appeal to be exact) against you blokes..........you could read the umps so easy from the boundary it bordered on embarrassing for them.................it makes it hard when your trying to sign up a ex district player to play local next year & he sees that crap happening.....put it this way it wasnt helping my chances........:eek::eek:

hahahaha.......feeding him with white knights.......:confused:

you should say ex subbies player..........;)

Canary Yellow;392996 said:
I can't believe I am doing this but I have to agree with Phil. Poor old Kenny is well and truly past his best days of umpiring. We had him a few times this year and although he was consistently bad for both sides which sort of evens it up a bit, you don't want or expect that in a GF.

One question to you Phil, I understand your comment about letting the younger umpires do your games and the likes of Ken doing second eleven games because unfortunately he is past it, but I ask you this. Do you think with Werribee's history this year on and off the ground it would be in the VTCA's best interests to appoint two young guys to a Grand Final who could be easily intimidated.

In answer to somebody about the deck at East Keilor this year. When I played there it was still very very hard but had a lot more grass coverage then Saturdays deck. It's always good down there and Saturday was no exception. A belter. Congrats EK on getting a deck like that up. A deck that wont influence a result in a Grand Final like Spottys has in recent years is commendable. Good luck to both sides on the weekend

yeah i can see where your comeing from , dont get me wrong monee valley have out played us so far , so they deserve to be in front

phil crea;392956 said:
2 bad ones in a granny .bit hard to cop ., i am sure we could have umpires who have umpired us during the year who we can have , time to reward them with there efforts ,

who do you want phil I think you want STEPHEN ROCHA isnt it so then everytime you get some cheap ones isn't it? He is good mate with you guys, I think with Parslow brothers. Couple of years ago he was playing poker with them when they were at Seabrook no wonder y you want him to umpire as he has umpired you three games round 7 , 8 & 10 and yes you have won those games easily with WC getting 9LBW god knows bout close caught behinds. the teams collectively in those three rounds only got 2 LBW decisions. Go to your score book and check mate it tells a story that you were in deep S**t in round 8 wen Parslow got three LBW's when seddon only and i say it again ONLY needed 35 runs with 6 wickets in hand, your season was gone but there entered your umpire otherwise your club would have finished fourth at best and would have been celebrating mad monday. so cut all your crap and don't tell people who should umpire and who should not. cop it and move on please.

softcricketer;393051 said:
who do you want phil I think you want STEPHEN ROCHA isnt it so then everytime you get some cheap ones isn't it? He is good mate with you guys, I think with Parslow brothers. Couple of years ago he was playing poker with them when they were at Seabrook no wonder y you want him to umpire as he has umpired you three games round 7 , 8 & 10 and yes you have won those games easily with WC getting 9LBW god knows bout close caught behinds. the teams collectively in those three rounds only got 2 LBW decisions. Go to your score book and check mate it tells a story that you were in deep S**t in round 8 wen Parslow got three LBW's when seddon only and i say it again ONLY needed 35 runs with 6 wickets in hand, your season was gone but there entered your umpire otherwise your club would have finished fourth at best and would have been celebrating mad monday. so cut all your crap and don't tell people who should umpire and who should not. cop it and move on please.

fair point i was joking with steve rocca ,but u cant tell me the other 2 didnt deserve higher grades

Canary Yellow;392996 said:

I seriously did not want to contribute to this thread. Happy to read but......
CY, please explain about the Spotty deck? Did you play or are you only going on what has been written on here? And tell me, if the Spotty tracks are that bad, why is the gf being played there again?? Granted, for reasons mentioned somewhere else here, ANorth and YC were not available this year. So what club do you play for?

On a side note, congrats to all clubs putting their hands up to host gf's. Most that criticise about tracks are generally those who sook at their own club and when it comes time to actually get in and help out, well they go missing. Commonly known as BLISTERS!! Turn up after the hard work is done...

The Wizz;392909 said:
I think you will find that in most comps, I know it happens in ours DVCA. We have a few young guys coming threw but are never given the chance to prove them self on the big stage. The older they get the longer the nap!!!

might put in for the umpires coaching job next year

southern sledge;393127 said:
I believe it might be availiable, you seen to know everything about cricket. Go for it !

nah just common sence that we have good umpires not getting rewarded

Flashpoint;393116 said:
Maybe you should stick to something your good at ... like talking your self up on Big Cricket.[/QUsorry champ i am not like the other coaches who bowl 50 overs or bat themselves which suits them ,maybe if i did our kids wouldnt be coming along like other clubs whose coaches do everything and the kids just watch

Too Old Body Broke;393069 said:
I seriously did not want to contribute to this thread. Happy to read but......
CY, please explain about the Spotty deck? Did you play or are you only going on what has been written on here? And tell me, if the Spotty tracks are that bad, why is the gf being played there again?? Granted, for reasons mentioned somewhere else here, ANorth and YC were not available this year. So what club do you play for?

On a side note, congrats to all clubs putting their hands up to host gf's. Most that criticise about tracks are generally those who sook at their own club and when it comes time to actually get in and help out, well they go missing. Commonly known as BLISTERS!! Turn up after the hard work is done...

It looked like a slowy on satdy..........:cool:

phil crea;393059 said:
fair point i was joking with steve rocca ,but u cant tell me the other 2 didnt deserve higher grades

You weren't joking, mate you'd take an easy win over a tough battle any day and by the way it looks and many will agree, that easy win come this weekend is long gone...

Over_Throw_for_4;393158 said:
You weren't joking, mate you'd take an easy win over a tough battle any day and by the way it looks and many will agree, that easy win come this weekend is long gone...

any one thats has played in a grand final knows its never easy ,over four days it as its twists , at the moment m valley are in front but also saying that we have put ourselves back in the game with kingy and cluts puting on 70 and getting raj and mcewon on before stumps

hussler;393157 said:
It looked like a slowy on satdy..........:cool:

Dunno about "slowy"? I watched most of the day and it looked like it played quite well. Def had pace in it on Sunday, just ask Broncs about the first 2 balls he faced. I think it is fair to say that we have if not the best curator, he is right up there. Speak to any district/ex-district player that has played on a wicket Len Robbins has prepared and see what they say.

Back