Phil Crea - a lifetime in cricket

Re: North A and B 09/10

Too Old Body Broke;393069 said:
I seriously did not want to contribute to this thread. Happy to read but......
CY, please explain about the Spotty deck? Did you play or are you only going on what has been written on here? And tell me, if the Spotty tracks are that bad, why is the gf being played there again?? Granted, for reasons mentioned somewhere else here, ANorth and YC were not available this year. So what club do you play for?

On a side note, congrats to all clubs putting their hands up to host gf's. Most that criticise about tracks are generally those who sook at their own club and when it comes time to actually get in and help out, well they go missing. Commonly known as BLISTERS!! Turn up after the hard work is done...

TOBB, I was merely using Spotty as an example and am only going on what I have heard from players. I guess to be truthful there are only two Grand Finals at Spotty where the deck did have a major influence, although in one of them the side who were hurt by the track ended up winning.

The two in question are the Albion v Royal Park Brunswick game about 7 or 8 years ago. Albion were flag favourites and had come off a few 260 + scores and were bowled out for a small total 0f 166 against a dismal bowling attack. All be it, they won the toss and batted on that occasion. I remember watching the game and remember blokes like S.Brne and Magafas looking like fools due to sideways movement and they can both play.

The other GF was the Doutta v Keilor GF where Douttas were bowled out in 27 odd overs. Hardly a GF pitch. Only a herculian solo effort saved them and they eventually won the GF.

In closing mate, I'm not really attacking the track, to be honest I looked at it on Sunday and was quite envious that I hadn't had the chance to play on a track like that this year. Just as EK put up a fantastic track, Spotty should also be congratulated for the deck it put forward on the weekend. Lets hope the same conditions for this weeks play in what looms as being one of the best GF's in recent time between the two heavy weights

southern sledge;393127 said:
I believe it might be availiable, you seen to know everything about cricket. Go for it !

SS let me tell you AP could do with P.Crea. My little birdie is telling me your opening bowler is not all that happy with how your team went this year and may be looking at Northport Oval

You started that crap last year about him and he knocked back 7 large from Teac Oval. Port has been busy again signing Cole`as the keeper, but he didn't set the`world on fire at Bentleigh a couple of years ago, he might struggle batting at 13.

10notout;393245 said:
SS let me tell you AP could do with P.Crea. My little birdie is telling me your opening bowler is not all that happy with how your team went this year and may be looking at Northport Oval

have u heard the rumour brad hodge might be going to yarraville club for 70 grand

phil crea;392913 said:
i can tell u , u should come it will be a great 2 days of cricket ,if we lose we have been beaten by a better side, dissapointment in my eyes u wont see these lads have come a long way in 3 years

and plus with a budget of 10 grand i think we have done well to make and hope to win another flag

phil crea;393295 said:
and plus with a budget of 10 grand i think we have done well to make and hope to win another flag

and no guys both azza and cluts have signed on for next year already ,both love the club

phil crea;393296 said:
and no guys both azza and cluts have signed on for next year already ,both love the club

Phil, I don't question the fact that you say both have signed on for next year, but a little birdy told me that Clutts was not all that happy down there and might move on next year......Watch this space

Wallop;393312 said:
Phil, I don't question the fact that you say both have signed on for next year, but a little birdy told me that Clutts was not all that happy down there and might move on next year......Watch this space

If he had any brains he would move on. Seems like the lad can bowl a bit. After experiencing W/C poor play and antics on and off the field, i wouldn't play there for quids.

southern sledge;393257 said:
You started that crap last year about him and he knocked back 7 large from Teac Oval. Port has been busy again signing Cole`as the keeper, but he didn't set the`world on fire at Bentleigh a couple of years ago, he might struggle batting at 13.

So was I correct in saying Port have been sniffing around?

And I think you will find the boy did not enjoy getting bowled out for 100 most weeks and than having to bowl 40 overs.

And let me tell you for a fact Port are not the only team interested.

Wallop;393312 said:

well that little birdy is not correct i am sorry to say ,

punter 18;393313 said:
If he had any brains he would move on. Seems like the lad can bowl a bit. After experiencing W/C poor play and antics on and off the field, i wouldn't play there for quids.

punter to be honest i thought cluts was quiet on the weekend , might get stuck into valley boys this week ,with a bit into your face stuff after all it is a grand final , and also big ed is rearing to go , and punter i only like winners down there are u playing finals

10notout;393320 said:
So was I correct in saying Port have been sniffing around?

And I think you will find the boy did not enjoy getting bowled out for 100 most weeks and than having to bowl 40 overs.

And let me tell you for a fact Port are not the only team interested.

centrals are very interested, let me tell u

I've heard cluts is apalled by the behavior of th guys at wc.. I would be too, after the boys conducted themselves once given out.. Cop the gd with the bad.. But how can u complain when ur hit on the full to a bloke bowling stump to stump???

big_junior;393328 said:
I've heard cluts is apalled by the behavior of th guys at wc.. I would be too, after the boys conducted themselves once given out.. Cop the gd with the bad.. But how can u complain when ur hit on the full to a bloke bowling stump to stump???

sorry junior do u know cluts , like i said valley have out played us ,2 bad decsions have put valley in that position

phil crea;393329 said:
sorry junior do u know cluts , like i said valley have out played us ,2 bad decsions have put valley in that position

we can say the same let me tell u young pat and there capt got the benifit of the doubt both pretty plumb ,but thats cricket

I do now him.. I watched the while days play Sunday, and the lbw rule is always goin to be a talking point.. It's how the umpire views it, u at no point in time, where standing behind the bowlers arm wen they were given out..

phil crea;393329 said:

I am playing finals Phil, cant beat the challenge a Grand Final provides. Where are you having your mad monday? Are you allowed into any of the pubs around Werribee or have you been barred from them all?

big_junior;393332 said:
I do now him.. I watched the while days play Sunday, and the lbw rule is always goin to be a talking point.. It's how the umpire views it, u at no point in time, where standing behind the bowlers arm wen they were given out..

correct , thats why i ask the keeper our capt chooka , he said pretty plumb

punter 18;393333 said:
I am playing finals Phil, cant beat the challenge a Grand Final provides. Where are you having your mad monday? Are you allowed into any of the pubs around Werribee or have you been barred from them all?

good to see punter , and sorry to dissapoint u ,i am a non drinker so i dont go to pubs i, i am a family man , but will have a couple of quiet ones at racecourse hotel on mad monday ,

phil crea;393341 said:
good to see punter , and sorry to dissapoint u ,i am a non drinker so i dont go to pubs i, i am a family man , but will have a couple of quiet ones at racecourse hotel on mad monday ,

Couple of frothy's never hurt anyone. Good luck over the weekend, even though i feel M/V have the edge. If you cop a bad one in the second dig, god help us, your thread will go into meltdown.

Back