Player Movements & Rumours 2016/17

Do Eltham pay everyone, whether it be incentive based or contract based, or would he be the only one? I would think it would be less, if what you've said is true and he initiated the talks there is no chance he was on that much

They certainly don't pay everyone. In my time there, they've had players on payments and some on incentives. I guess it would be fairly similar to most clubs.

No harm in trying. It's not like 4ths is a great standard. 3rds is ok. Have a crack and if he can't get out of the 3rds come back.

Regardless, he will learn a hell of a lot about himself as a cricketer, and only better his skills. Playing a year or two down there and he will come back a heaps better cricketer. Good on him.

Rivergum and Rosebank won't play Mash Shield, half of each teams players wouldn't lower their standards that low. Money Shield is a fair compromise like Camrea, Rosanna and Greensborough got 5 or more years ago.

In terms of player movements a lot of Barclay/Money DVCA clubs are after Rivergum/Rosebank players ATM which puts things into clear perspective. Will be interesting which ones move across.....

Last edited:
Rivergum and Rosebank won't play Mash Shield, half of each teams players wouldn't lower their standards that low. Money Shield is a fair compromise like Camrea, Rosanna and Greensborough got 5 or more years ago.

In terms of player movements a lot of Barclay/Money DVCA clubs are after Rivergum/Rosebank players ATM which puts things into clear perspective. Will be interesting which ones move across.....

Money Shield is a fair compromise like Camrea, Rosanna and Greensborough got 5 or more years ago.
Yes, but Money shield was the bottom first XI grade 5 or more years ago. So I'm not sure of the relevance. Indeed it was the addition of these clubs that was the forerunner to splitting the comp into three grades.

I think everybody on here would be happy to acknowledge that Rivergum and Rosebank as Grand finalists in Jika Shield are going to dominate Mash shield, but I'm not sure that should be the DVCAs concern. They are, after all (if rumours are to be believed) looking to join the DVCA. The DVCA are not trying to poach them with inducements.

Money Shield is a fair compromise like Camrea, Rosanna and Greensborough got 5 or more years ago.
Yes, but Money shield was the bottom first XI grade 5 or more years ago. So I'm not sure of the relevance. Indeed it was the addition of these clubs that was the forerunner to splitting the comp into three grades.

I think everybody on here would be happy to acknowledge that Rivergum and Rosebank as Grand finalists in Jika Shield are going to dominate Mash shield, but I'm not sure that should be the DVCAs concern. They are, after all (if rumours are to be believed) looking to join the DVCA. The DVCA are not trying to poach them with inducements.

If the DVCA are serious about getting these two clubs accross, it would be in everyone's best interest to compromise and put them into Money Shield. Most of the players in these teams are Barclay Shield quality. If they are forced to play Mash, the players will not lower their standards to that level.

Surely common sense prevails. Rosebank have won 9 Agrade flags in 19 years and been in 15 of them. Rivergum have been in the last 6 GF winning 3 along with embarrassing DVCA clubs in the 20/20 format consistently being in the last 4 every year with 3 flags.

Time to put the elitist attitude aside and let some rational thinking take over. Rivergum/Rosebank vs Greensy/T.U/Thomastown/Whittlesea/Panton Hill!!! That is a huge slap in the face. These clubs should be in Barclay so being injected into Money is a fair compromise.

If the DVCA are serious about getting these two clubs accross, it would be in everyone's best interest to compromise and put them into Money Shield. Most of the players in these teams are Barclay Shield quality. If they are forced to play Mash, the players will not lower their standards to that level.

Surely common sense prevails. Rosebank have won 9 Agrade flags in 19 years and been in 15 of them. Rivergum have been in the last 6 GF winning 3 along with embarrassing DVCA clubs in the 20/20 format consistently being in the last 4 every year with 3 flags.

Time to put the elitist attitude aside and let some rational thinking take over. Rivergum/Rosebank vs Greensy/T.U/Thomastown/Whittlesea/Panton Hill!!! That is a huge slap in the face. These clubs should be in Barclay so being injected into Money is a fair compromise.

I agree that they're both too good for Mash. So win it and go up! If they are to put them in Money they will have to expand the grade for a season, maybe 2. I don't have a personal issue with it, I just think they should be consistent and make new clubs win their way up.

The NMCA is a two team competition, and if you believe a 10th of what you read on their forum, it is in a constant state of turmoil. Notwithstanding, those two teams are the crown jewels in that comp, if the DVCA took these two clubs the NMCA would fall apart soon after, I don't think it is good for local cricket.

It was announced at the OPSFCC presentation night that John Bubis has decided to move on from the club and Shaun Barker has been appointed captain/coach for the 17/18 season.

Back