Player Movements & Rumours 2016/17

You surely can't blame people at St.Francis for fighting for the name of the club. I think its a fairly noble thing to do.

No, if what moofty has to say is correct and "...the only way the club could survive was to remove the wolf as their emblem & adopt the college's crest, while taking 'St. Francis' out of the name" with the club "backed into a corner", then continued resistance to the notion of changing the name is not noble, it's stupid.

No, if what moofty has to say is correct and "...the only way the club could survive was to remove the wolf as their emblem & adopt the college's crest, while taking 'St. Francis' out of the name" with the club "backed into a corner", then continued resistance to the notion of changing the name is not noble, it's stupid.
Ehh, they're fighting for their club.

I can understand it. But it's clearly a losing battle.

Ehh, they're fighting for their club.

I can understand it. But it's clearly a losing battle.

It is admirable, but they were more than happy to take the handouts off the school when it came to a new ground, new rooms, new pitch, new fence, surely it was always the end plan for the school to take control....if you take enough off someone, then you ultimately become them.

It is admirable, but they were more than happy to take the handouts off the school when it came to a new ground, new rooms, new pitch, new fence, surely it was always the end plan for the school to take control....if you take enough off someone, then you ultimately become them.
There were no handouts. Costs were shared between the school, football club and cricket club.

There were no handouts. Costs were shared between the school, football club and cricket club.

My understanding is that the school funded it all , on the proviso that the sporting clubs would pay back the shared debt ( and that this debt remains outstanding) . Just heard this from a third party

Can i ask of there was an alternative solution? Not many spare grounds I would've thought to relocate so imagine the school would hold the upper hand in any "negotiations".
I'm not on the inner with all that so I don't exactly know. But from from previous experience, ground allocations are done well in advance

School funded the new fence 100%, and did not ask for any funding, or guarantee from either the football club or cricket club = handout
And I believe the original quote mentioned rooms and pitches etc and the club paid its share. Are you saying if the council where you played offered to replace the fence you would turn it down?

Back