Retirements/club Changes 2013/14

Word is that plenty are wrapped to see that back of Trent,apparently a real
David Pittman! I know if he rocked up to my club he wouldn't even get in the front door.

I
A lot of time and effort goes into playing district cricket, quite a substantial amount more than even the most dedicated of DVCA players. It is a hard road and if you don't LOVE it you are better off at club level.

I actually think the best age to go is about 18/19 unless you are a Ricky Ponting level 8 year old where test cricket is close to a certainty already (certainty may be a stretch, but you get my point). By that age you should've played a fair bit of ones cricket and be performing at a reasonable level there.
I think too many kids in local cricket get their tyres pumped up by their peers or fathers and go try district cricket way before they are ready. I would recommend 3 full seasons in barclay shield and either make at least 3 tons (or ave 30) or take five 5 wicket hauls (ave 20) before the age of 21! If u cant do it against the best men in local you will struggle big time. As for pig, 1 of the nicer guys in dvca. No gun (even he would admit that) but had a terrible back injury which prevented him doing better. Deserves to leave or play wherever on his own terms. Any news up at scumville, aka epping?

Jason Henderson - If not for Paul Baker a true DVCA legend, Mernda CC would have been a bottom 4 side in Money Shield side for the last 10 years, surely you cannot have a go at another club that I assume you know nothing about without casting eyes over your own backyard and history of poor performaces.

No need to hate others that are more successful than you because they work harder at it.

As a Mernda player I feel I must comment.
Mernda is a tiny dot on the map that is a club with over 20 flags to it names. Not bad for a mob who in the early days had only 15 blokes to pick from. Yes I agree Paul is a DVCA legend but to say without him we would be bottom feeders is just plain rude and ignorant. Given, yes, he has won us many a game but in the last 5 or so years we have played in both a Money Shield and Barclay Shield flag and also played off in another BS grand final. To say we don't work as hard as other clubs is an insult. Plenty of other clubs would love to have a record like the one stated before. Bakes has had plenty of offers from other clubs but has stayed true to the red and blue which says a lot about our culture and also the loyalty of the man.
We've been copping a bit of flack lately all on the back of this Jason Henderson and the club is trying to work out who it is. In our opinion it is not a Mernda person but believe what you want. As you all know anyone can claim to be anyone on here and you cant do much about it.
I don't mind copping a bit of crap now and then, sometimes it is warranted, but when someone says we don't work as hard as other clubs I had to make comment.

Just a query, but is this bloke not Sammy D from Boro a couple of years back. Photo is awfully close. Same initials??
Same sammy, not sure if he will get a clearance though, something tells me he owes us money. He only played 2 or 3 games last year and went back home. Even if he does play i can't see much of a problem. He can only hit straight and cant play a short ball. So set a straight field and keep the ball short of a length. Warning to lower dont bring out the new pills at training for him he likes to hit them over peoples fences and in their case probably in the river.

Same sammy, not sure if he will get a clearance though, something tells me he owes us money. He only played 2 or 3 games last year and went back home. Even if he does play i can't see much of a problem. He can only hit straight and cant play a short ball. So set a straight field and keep the ball short of a length. Warning to lower dont bring out the new pills at training for him he likes to hit them over peoples fences and in their case probably in the river.

Sounds like someone is eating grapes. Of the sour variety?

Bakes has had plenty of offers from other clubs but has stayed true to the red and blue which says a lot about our culture and also the loyalty of the man.

Quite correct, he only accepted one offer from another club - Mernda - and you couldn't expect him to stay true to Bun Utd forever, that would have said too much about the loyalty of the man.

Sammy very dangerous with the bat. Hits the ball hard and can get very quick runs. Thought his bowling action was a bit suspect though. Anyone else?.

How much could be owe?? Surely most of these imports are given subs and apparel for free, and they don't tend to run up the tab over the bar!!

How much could be owe?? Surely most of these imports are given subs and apparel for free, and they don't tend to run up the tab over the bar!!

Are you trying to tell us that Bundoora United didn't pay your import last year, other than subs and apparel? Give it a spell!

I doubt thats the only thing any of the imports get.

As do I. Unless they're paying the import his fee upfront (possible, but If I were paying players I'd be paying in arrears!), there's not much that they could do to incur a debt to the club. Perhaps flights etc.

Could be wrong, but I thought the reason he went back last year was because his wife popped out a baby. Pastamuncher can confirm.

"Even if he does play i can't see much of a problem. He can only hit straight and cant play a short ball." - I think you've just described 99% of Sri Lankan batsmen that come out here. The only one I've seen play a pull shot on the synthetic pitches is D. Perera.

Tongs, seriously how quickly do you jump to a conclusion?
Read my post again, all I did was question how an import could owe the club anything, thus paving the way to knock back a future clearance request.

Things that he could owe the club for include apparel and subs, which most would be included in any deal.

Any other payment for service, (of course we paid the bloke) whether up front or paid on performance, would be owed from club to him.

Unless they paid upfront? Not saying that's what happened, just the only way imaginable.

Tongs, seriously how quickly do you jump to a conclusion?
Read my post again, all I did was question how an import could owe the club anything, thus paving the way to knock back a future clearance request.

Things that he could owe the club for include apparel and subs, which most would be included in any deal.

Any other payment for service, (of course we paid the bloke) whether up front or paid on performance, would be owed from club to him.

Unless they paid upfront? Not saying that's what happened, just the only way imaginable.

Wouldn't it be a buy beware situation I can understand if the bloke just didn't play but if his wife had a baby I'm sure most people would understand where his responsibility would lie. I'm not sure what sort of contract local cricket are dealing with but I'm pretty sure it would be hard to make declining clearances stick. This only if he recived payment up front if he was paid at the end after only 3 or 4 games more fool you!!

Back