Retirements/club Changes 2013/14

Jarrod Carlson didn't play at Northcote last year coz they shafted him and gave Stoinis the captaincy without telling him. Surprised if he has gone back even though Cavigan is no longer there as I thought he'd given the game away.

As a former Northcote player, you can tell that Jarrod never wanted the job as captain there as the club was going backwards and had no direction.

I see that Viewbank Cricket Club folded last night. Such a shame. Was a great club to be part of in the 80's. Showing my age now....

What happened there Serg? Just lack of numbers?

Its never good when this happens to any club, but unfortunately, I can see this sort of thing happening more and more in the very near future. Lack of numbers and money for some clubs, is killing them. Wouldn't be surprised to see mergers happening either.

What happened there Serg? Just lack of numbers?

Its never good when this happens to any club, but unfortunately, I can see this sort of thing happening more and more in the very near future. Lack of numbers and money for some clubs, is killing them. Wouldn't be surprised to see mergers happening either.

Lack of Juniors over the past decade , meaning no one coming through, so have to rely on beer sales to recruit some players ( I suspect )

Come on mighty flog we all have clubs we dislike for one reason or another. You hate mernda.. and im sure you are the same tongs. Folding? Well that would be a bit nasty but to struggle for a while wouldn't be so bad. Whether its the players or a certain incident or the facilities, we all have a club we hate!

Come on mighty flog we all have clubs we dislike for one reason or another. You hate mernda.. and im sure you are the same tongs. Folding? Well that would be a bit nasty but to struggle for a while wouldn't be so bad. Whether its the players or a certain incident or the facilities, we all have a club we hate!

I wish every club west of Plenty Road would fold. The DVCA would be so much better.

No rocket science involved offstump. Gut feel. Stfrancis open to improvement. Creek still strong. Not sure when baker comes back but if mernda not too far back when he does they could contend. Bundoora always around the mark. Eltham have gibbs and minney - best two bats in comp. Greensborough played in gf, can still contend. Bun utd seemed to have recruited and mont always competitive. Penny for your thoughts?

On that topic. Available for Round 9. 2 years out of the game and 43 years old. Do we really expect to see him back?

Back