Senior Division 10/11

re: Senior Division 10/11

southern sledge;379096 said:
It either shows our standard is good , or Premier is going downhill

Let's go glass half full - there are some excellent cricketers running around the park in the VTCA, with Porter showing that some of the guns of the VTCA would not just be making up numbers in Premier Cricket, but have the ability to make a real impact.
Ditto with Hillas and his 111 (together 299 for the 5th wicket) - 400+ against the reigning premiers is a damn good day at the office.

Genuine_No12;379106 said:
Let's go glass half full - there are some excellent cricketers running around the park in the VTCA, with Porter showing that some of the guns of the VTCA would not just be making up numbers in Premier Cricket, but have the ability to make a real impact.
Ditto with Hillas and his 111 (together 299 for the 5th wicket) - 400+ against the reigning premiers is a damn good day at the office.

May not be the right forum but my theory is that they should scrap the Premier 3rd's and 4th's and move to a structure similar to the VFL, where each player has a 'local' club. They can train with the premier club during the week and if not selected in the 1st's or 2nd's, they go back and play VTCA, Subbies or ESCA (or an equivalent). Reckon this would improve the standard of Premier cricket and still keep junior kids in contact with their local clubs when they leave to try their hand at Premier level.

Comprehensive win by Altona North this week. Are they in the bottom two teams in the competition, on this result it would appear not.

Their import Jack Porter got another Hat Trick, 2 in 3 games? Pretty uncommon i would of thought.

Porter is certainly a freak bat.
Wish I had of appealed in my 1st XI debut :p
Another good win for Spotty over an in form RPB.
Good comeback after the disappointing loss to South Caulfield.

20/20 Cricket is comming to kinglake December 13th to raise money for the surrounding bushfire effected areas as advertised on ABC and SEN radio.teams participating will be kinglake, marysville, flowerdale, strathuwen and yarra glen.Day starts at 830 until 6 with lots of entertainment, music and give aways, signed cric...ket gear from the Australian test side and a chance to win a meet and great session with the australian players after there morning warm up session on boxing day.bacon and egg rolls in the morning to BBQ at lunch with full open bar!looking to get a massive crowd with special guest apperances.
Come up for the Day to Support and Enjoy some Country 20/20 Cricket.

southern sledge;379096 said:
It either shows our standard is good , or Premier is going downhill

all it shows sledge is that there were 2 guys who are handy cricketers played in the association!!!!!!

both good bats, but lets not forget that ringwood had 3 guys away on state under 19 duties and their bushrangers contracted bowler was order to bowl no more than 12 overs by cricket vic.

spoke with mocky the curator and he said porter was looking shaky then smashed the spinner over his head and everything changed after that.

Vicious and Well Directed;379175 said:
May not be the right forum but my theory is that they should scrap the Premier 3rd's and 4th's and move to a structure similar to the VFL, where each player has a 'local' club. They can train with the premier club during the week and if not selected in the 1st's or 2nd's, they go back and play VTCA, Subbies or ESCA (or an equivalent). Reckon this would improve the standard of Premier cricket and still keep junior kids in contact with their local clubs when they leave to try their hand at Premier level.

Great post, we have several Under 16's who the likes of Yallop and Ayres have got into the ears of them and their parents who are off to try their hand for higher honours next season. After going to a district club at 16, I would say they should play a couple of years 1st XI club cricket and then go down trying to get in the 2's. These kids are good players but are club 2nd XI, borderline 1sts at best. They will fill the lower XI's and lose their afinity with their local club at an early age.

southern sledge;379723 said:
Always an excuse, Kev. Any chance you might get up to the ones to help out .

and whats your excuse for talking crap on here? if the vtca is 2nd best behind premier i'll streak boxing day!

good too see a post without any innapropriate language! i notice you recieved a warning from a member of the subbies forum aswell for innapropriate behaviour, must be hard trying to pull ppl into line when you can't set an example yourself!

So a bloke cant have a life outside of cricket which means stepping back a level????? playing in the ones this week on a fantastic Glen eira city council wicket no doubt, kinda looking forward to playing in my old stomping ground, will pass on your regards to the curator if you like?

Kev Davis;379719 said:
all it shows sledge is that there were 2 guys who are handy cricketers played in the association!!!!!!

both good bats, but lets not forget that ringwood had 3 guys away on state under 19 duties and their bushrangers contracted bowler was order to bowl no more than 12 overs by cricket vic.

spoke with mocky the curator and he said porter was looking shaky then smashed the spinner over his head and everything changed after that.

Fair dinkum Kev, you are a "The glass is half empty" bloke...not a half full bloke... I can assure you that any one who is bowling in a 1XI district team is no mug...yes there are better bowlers than some and yes Vic Cricket do dictate how there players will play but so what...I don't care what grade you are playing...242 on any wicket in any comp by any person is a good knock and at District level it has NEVER been done by a batsman at Nth Melb...and without checking the records I dare say it it would be close to a record at any other club...and guess what Kev...I bet over the last 100+ years of District Cricket there has been plenty of times when a team hasn't had their absolute best team on the field.
Why don't you just say "fantastic effort" by an ex VTCA player and nothing more...no buts or maybees...concentrate on getting your ex Glen Eira council mates of their A#se and help some other up and comers get a chance at the big time.

gib;379864 said:
Great post, we have several Under 16's who the likes of Yallop and Ayres have got into the ears of them and their parents who are off to try their hand for higher honours next season. After going to a district club at 16, I would say they should play a couple of years 1st XI club cricket and then go down trying to get in the 2's. These kids are good players but are club 2nd XI, borderline 1sts at best. They will fill the lower XI's and lose their afinity with their local club at an early age.
Thats why the Hatch is there for Subbies clubs to fill up their lower elevens.

Kev Davis;379879 said:
and whats your excuse for talking crap on here? if the vtca is 2nd best behind premier i'll streak boxing day!

good too see a post without any innapropriate language! i notice you recieved a warning from a member of the subbies forum aswell for innapropriate behaviour, must be hard trying to pull ppl into line when you can't set an example yourself!

So a bloke cant have a life outside of cricket which means stepping back a level????? playing in the ones this week on a fantastic Glen eira city council wicket no doubt, kinda looking forward to playing in my old stomping ground, will pass on your regards to the curator if you like?
I don't have to fall in to fools Kev, but get your facts right as there was no warning for innapropriate behaviour on the Subbies board. My post on there was about the future of Hatch.
Also going to higher powers and sooking about me using the word bullshit is just that, get over yourself Kev, you have only just come in to this comp and you think you know it all, cricket wise and curating.

southern sledge;379892 said:
I don't have to fall in to fools Kev, but get your facts right as there was no warning for innapropriate behaviour on the Subbies board. My post on there was about the future of Hatch.
Also going to higher powers and sooking about me using the word bullshit is just that, get over yourself Kev, you have only just come in to this comp and you think you know it all, cricket wise and curating.

Hook, Line and sinker bahahahaha.

i didnt realise that there was a clause on here stating that i couldnt put my opinion forward!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yes i notice you quickly deleted the post from a member of the subbies forum questioning you language and whether rules applied to moderators pretty quickly after my post !!!!!!!! Like i said to higher powers, whats good for the goose is good for the gander, i recieved an infratcion for Quote S**T unquote which is 2letters and 2 stars, wheres the consistancy.

F**k i love winding you up lol bahahahahaha too easy

Kev Davis;380087 said:
Hook, Line and sinker bahahahaha.

i didnt realise that there was a clause on here stating that i couldnt put my opinion forward!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yes i notice you quickly deleted the post from a member of the subbies forum questioning you language and whether rules applied to moderators pretty quickly after my post !!!!!!!! Like i said to higher powers, whats good for the goose is good for the gander, i recieved an infratcion for Quote S**T unquote which is 2letters and 2 stars, wheres the consistancy.

F**k i love winding you up lol bahahahahaha too easy

Yeah Kev, SS cant handle any crap that goes her way,one of my posts went missing the other day......WEAK..........:D:eek:

I hear on the grapevine that a couple of Senior games got a bit willing. Keilor and RPB had a bit going on off the ground and a fair bit of sledgeing in the Youlden V APW game.

Back