Senior Seconds 09/10

Re: Senior Seconds 09/10

jacko66;389739 said:
Quiet again.

Looks like StB are well placed with a big score on their track hard to chase down you'd think, even for AWSC. That gives AN a good chance to finish top, followed by AWSC, CY's then StB.

In the seniors, relegation is still very uncertain. RPB seem safest. We at CY's are hoping our 1's do well on the bonus point front and cheer on Spotty. TOBB, if you want some extra batting time in the nets, come on down to the Fearon.

For what it's worth, I think the top 4 sides are all worthy of their spots in the 4 this year. Very, very even group. Can I stick my neck out and say..... CY's v ANorth GF with ANorth to prove too strong. Our 2nd's are looking to finish the year off with some solid performances. No less than 7 U17's in our line up this week, so good signs for the club for the future, we hope.

Senior relegation fight, still any of 3 sides (and YP) are fighting to stay up. And extra net time, not a big fan of batting in the nets at the best of times, hence my batting record. However, I had a net last nite and followed it with 10 mins of throw downs from the great man himself, Kratzy...... I am pretty sure there were a few scones thrown down as well....

Good luck to all this weekend. Go Spotty....

Cricket Addict;389770 said:
Why aren't you playing firsts dizzy? Surely you can do better than the other 6 blokes out who've made a collected total of 4 runs :eek:

played a couple of games in the 1's and didn't really do much. i see myself as a bowler but i didn't get much opportunity there, although i didn't have much luck in the 2's on the weekend either. you wouldn't know the difference if i stayed home on the weekend and sent a pair of bulls tits out to replace me!

you've done well for yourself. pretty sure i faced you in the 4ths a few years back, now you're bowling in the 1's and taking wickets, part of the u18 pathways team etc.

Dizzy was a little disappointed when i turned up Saturday fresh from my flight back from Darwin especially to watch you do your trade in the 1s on Saturday and you wernt there.

I was hoping to catch up over a few Jim Beams. Perhaps talk about a special deal to play for Spotswood on the weekends next season.

Mick, long time no speak. good to see fanta pants back on the forums. it's a real shame I wasn't there to catch up, definetly up for a jimmy or two but it's the captains perogative as to who he wants in his side and to be honest i'm happy to play where i'm picked. you're always welcome down at spotty. preseason starts in a few months, so make sure you're there.

curiosity got the better of my so i had a look at mycricket. there's no record of you playing up in darwin. how did you go up there?

DizzyGillepsie;389827 said:
played a couple of games in the 1's and didn't really do much. i see myself as a bowler but i didn't get much opportunity there, although i didn't have much luck in the 2's on the weekend either. you wouldn't know the difference if i stayed home on the weekend and sent a pair of bulls tits out to replace me!

you've done well for yourself. pretty sure i faced you in the 4ths a few years back, now you're bowling in the 1's and taking wickets, part of the u18 pathways team etc.
Happens all the time for players going up, especially for all-rounders. They play completely different roles. Sometimes it's difficult to get used to. Obviously wasn't your day on the weekend. Super Mario is hard to get away.
Yeah back in the 4ths, good times. I remember that game, spotty had a very good team that year.

Finals time!
Airport West vs Willy Cyms (Interesting match-up, both batting teams, AW had a stumble against St.Bernards, had to lose sometime, i think they'll bounce back and win comfortably)
Northerners vs Snowdogs (Rivalry continues, replay of last year's SF)

Should be an interesting couple of finals starting tomorrow. AN and APW have been the form teams all year and deserve to be favourites.

But, StB have been thereabouts and a decisive win against the previously undefeated APW in the last round must give them a bit of confidence. Similarly, we at CY's started pretty slowly but have come home with a wet sail, inspired by our big run chase against Spotty and some good results since.

My tips are AN and, naturally, CY's.

Thanks to APW's 1's, we also get to play our "away" final at home. So anyone who is interested to see some good seconds cricket come down and enjoy a beer with us at the Fearon. If against the odds the sun is out, the passing scenery is an added benefit and makes it worth the drive to Willy. Gotta love playing at the beach!

good luck to you blokes for this weekend, hope we can get a hobsons bay GF :D

wish I was still playing to be honest, but that's cricket :(

What a wet end to the year for 3rd and 4th.

Those who've looked up MyCricket will see there was not even a start at the Fearon. If you're interested the story was......We got the covers down on Thurs night on what looked like a belter of a pitch. Come Sat morning and rain had got under the covers leaving 2 damp patches. Seemed there would be a start mid-way through Sat arvo, if not for the deluge.

The guys got the covers back down before the rain, but when we had a look around 5:30, there was water all over deck, the covers did sfa. Sunday morning, when we took them off nothing had changed and there was no hope.

Good luck to AN and APW in the gf. I did not play against either this year, but AN form of late suggests they'll go in as favourites.

bad luck Jacko, it's never great when the weather ends your season like it did.

agreed that altona nth go in favourites, i didn't play against airport west but altona nth looked pretty good in round 11 and they got mcardle back for the finals.

interesting that 3 out of the final 4 teams were from the old senior north 2nds of last year.

DizzyGillepsie;391653 said:
bad luck Jacko, it's never great when the weather ends your season like it did.

agreed that altona nth go in favourites, i didn't play against airport west but altona nth looked pretty good in round 11 and they got mcardle back for the finals.

interesting that 3 out of the final 4 teams were from the old senior north 2nds of last year.
Yes it does suck to have weather put a stop to matches. Comiserations to St.Bernards, even though you were in a bad position you don't want to go out like that. I personally thought we could've played but it's up to the curator to make the call. Anyways, it's on to the Grand Final...against Airport West. As the old saying goes, "If you wanna be the best, you need to beat the best."

Cricket Addict;391761 said:
Yes it does suck to have weather put a stop to matches. Comiserations to St.Bernards, even though you were in a bad position you don't want to go out like that. I personally thought we could've played but it's up to the curator to make the call. Anyways, it's on to the Grand Final...against Airport West. As the old saying goes, "If you wanna be the best, you need to beat the best."

Who says "If you wanna be the best, you need to beat the best."Which cricketing cliche book did you get this from?

You do realise that you are playing in the 2's this round so you are not going to be playing against the best as Airport West 1's are also playing in a granny??

Apart from that good luck to yous tomorrow.I would sooner see a West suburbs team win than Airport but lets hope you personally get smacked all over the park.

Go the Baptists!

Phart Lap;392273 said:
Who says "If you wanna be the best, you need to beat the best."Which cricketing cliche book did you get this from?

You do realise that you are playing in the 2's this round so you are not going to be playing against the best as Airport West 1's are also playing in a granny??

Apart from that good luck to yous tomorrow.I would sooner see a West suburbs team win than Airport but lets hope you personally get smacked all over the park.

Go the Baptists!
Been the best two teams all season so it's only fitting that both go through and play it out for the premiership. And it's 2's for a reason...mate. You've been on my back all season. What have you done this season? Probably shit all. :rolleyes:

Cricket Addict;392307 said:
Been the best two teams all season so it's only fitting that both go through and play it out for the premiership. And it's 2's for a reason...mate. You've been on my back all season. What have you done this season? Probably shit all. :rolleyes:

471 runs in a 1's comp.

Back