Senior Seconds 09/10

Re: Senior Seconds 09/10

DizzyGillepsie;387771 said:
lol he's seeing it alright for an "old timer" :)
Apparently when he made 184* he was out on the last ball before tea, I think he was caught behind and apparently he was already walking off but the umpire gave him not out and then the opposition said he was walking but then he quickly said it was tea. :p

Cricket Addict;387807 said:
Apparently when he made 184* he was out on the last ball before tea, I think he was caught behind and apparently he was already walking off but the umpire gave him not out and then the opposition said he was walking but then he quickly said it was tea. :p
Hmmmm..... and I see there was no official umpire?? I am sure he was just keen to get into the arvo tea:p

Too Old Body Broke;387872 said:
Hmmmm..... and I see there was no official umpire?? I am sure he was just keen to get into the arvo tea:p
Team mates said there were was an umpire but it wasn't entered into the net.

Too Old Body Broke;387730 said:
Yes it should be a tight finish. I see you have 2 umpires at your game, yet every other 2nds game had none? And it sounds like you would have been better off without any umpires at all, or was 1 worse than the other? I don't want this to turn into umpire bashing because it can be tough to do. And from what i hear, the VTCA are struggling for quality and numbers as it is. And I guess this why when you do get umpires (which has been about 2-3 games for us this year) it is important to honestly grade them.

Yeah we've been lucky all year, every game we have had at least 1 umpire, most games 2. 1 was worse than the other, but then after tea he joined in the shocking decisions too! Very frustrating, especially when we are already battling, it's hard enough when you get dodgy decisions go against you.

But a few early ones should see us get the bickies... Fingers crossed.

DizzyGillepsie;387945 said:
i wish i was lucky enough to come across one of these dodgy umpires.... wouldn't mind taking 6 for 5... all LBW of course haha :p

We've had 2 umps once (at RPB) and 1 once (at OEG) and that's it this year. I can't remember having an ump at home in the last 3 years in the seconds. They must be allergic to the sea air or the comp thinks that they'll get distracted by the scenery walking to the beach.

DizzyGillepsie;387945 said:
i wish i was lucky enough to come across one of these dodgy umpires.... wouldn't mind taking 6 for 5... all LBW of course haha :p

Pfft... I would just love to get a wicket or 2.... couldn't give a rats how!!! I could be staring a spot in the thirds next game....Lucky I am on the selection panel:D:p

Too Old Body Broke;388027 said:
Pfft... I would just love to get a wicket or 2.... couldn't give a rats how!!! I could be staring a spot in the thirds next game....Lucky I am on the selection panel:D:p

Nothing wrong with the 3rds! Played there last week and we even had 2 umpies at the Fearon. Jika does take it all a bit seriously, but once you get over that we have alot of fun. If you were bowling against us there's even a better than even chance of a few poles (to go with plenty of french cuts.) Go on, be brave and drop yourself.

What's the chances of playing on the weekend?
The Cy's are in a great position as they've already got first innings points, the only team to have so by the first day. That could be the ticket to the finals. South Caulfield next week, should get them in the 4.
St.Bernards are in a bit of trouble, they have Airport West next week but are sitting in third with a 4 point lead over Yarraville Club.
Spotswood have us next week, would almost have to outright us in order to make finals, either that or hopefully get a win and hope that St.Bernards and the Clubbers do lose.
Yarraville Club are just sitting outside the 4 and play against McKinnon next week, could go either way. Both teams are pretty inconsistent.
McKinnon would have to outright saturday against YP to have any chance of making the finals. That's if they play.

These are the points if there is no play tomorrow.
Airport West 94.94
Altona North 93.70
Williamstown CYMS 80.45
St.Bernards 75.84
Yarraville Club 72.00
Spotswood 68.10

Interesting times ahead.

jacko66;388029 said:
Nothing wrong with the 3rds! Played there last week and we even had 2 umpies at the Fearon. Jika does take it all a bit seriously, but once you get over that we have alot of fun. If you were bowling against us there's even a better than even chance of a few poles (to go with plenty of french cuts.) Go on, be brave and drop yourself.

Any skippa that contemplates batting u higher than 11 is not being serious. As for TOBB, if your depressed now imagine bowling at the fearon for a living, 350 is about par these days

you guys need to kick the Wimps off the fearon, dig up their deck and get yourself a large sized ground, then you wont be fishing balls out of the caretakers backyard :p

Some interesting results and washouts on the w/end,leaving the battle for 3rd and 4th alive going into the last round.

The OEG declaration looks unlikely on paper, but not having been there to see the track....Tehn to roll Spotty so quickly. TOBB, we're looking for you to talk us through this one. It seems that as soon as you lost Dizzy to the big time, the wheel's have fallen off your 2's (and he hasn't helped your 1's). But it was good to see Dizzy get a trundle on the weekend even if it was a consolation over.

My tip is for AN and APW to win again, CY's to beat SC and secure 3rd and Keilor to win over McK and maybe just pip StB for 4th.

A few of us will be watching the Snr results with interest this round to see where we play next year. YP are doomed, with CY's, RPB, SPotty and AN all trying to avoid the 2nd relegation spot. Our guys have the toughest game on paper, playing SC but have been in better form of late. RPB should beat YP and save themselves, with the Spotty v AN game critical.

Plenty to look forward to this game, without even mentioning the Sunday D1's finals.

jacko66;388423 said:
Some interesting results and washouts on the w/end,leaving the battle for 3rd and 4th alive going into the last round.

The OEG declaration looks unlikely on paper, but not having been there to see the track....Tehn to roll Spotty so quickly. TOBB, we're looking for you to talk us through this one. It seems that as soon as you lost Dizzy to the big time, the wheel's have fallen off your 2's (and he hasn't helped your 1's). But it was good to see Dizzy get a trundle on the weekend even if it was a consolation over.

My tip is for AN and APW to win again, CY's to beat SC and secure 3rd and Keilor to win over McK and maybe just pip StB for 4th.

A few of us will be watching the Snr results with interest this round to see where we play next year. YP are doomed, with CY's, RPB, SPotty and AN all trying to avoid the 2nd relegation spot. Our guys have the toughest game on paper, playing SC but have been in better form of late. RPB should beat YP and save themselves, with the Spotty v AN game critical.

Plenty to look forward to this game, without even mentioning the Sunday D1's finals.

Now before I start, I dont want anyone to think the following is sooking because it aint, just the facts.
We were stuck between a rock and a hard place Saturday.... no covers made it down at all last week!!!!!!!!!!! Meanwhile, on an adjoining "PEG school ground" about 100 mtrs from our match ground, school kids completed almost a full days play (lost 10 overs due to drizzle) on what looked a belter (PEG were on 2/220ish). Was told the "curator" got the covers down on that ground as a priority. Various reasons given why no covers went down on our ground...... end of the day did not look good for OEG's.... The wettest wicket I have played on in nearly 20 years of turf. After doing a good job bowling them out for 148 and being 0/28, I would have thought we were looking great for taking the points.... OEG's gave us the option of playing on Sat (thanks) so we had to have a go. We were always goint to struggle to get 120 odd on that track. Then, when we lost our last wicket, I was expecting to have a beer when the game continued and they batted for 11 more overs and declared 100 in front and 18 overs left. Surprised me greatly it is fair to say. Anyhow, again, we had nothing to lose but try and get a reverse outright. I guess we walked away very disappointed in the conditions that were served up. I had called in at about 2 pm last Weds arvo and while I could not get throught the gates to see the ground, the roads/gutters in the streets were dry!! And I am led to believe an email was sent out from the VTCA last Thurs morning about covers?? Not sure what the content of that email was? I am guessing that it went along the lines of "poor weather on its way, please do everything you can to get covers down etc.......???

Anyhow, as it stands, we can really only throw blame to ourselves after losing a couple of games we felt we sould have won earlier in the year.

jacko66;388423 said:
It seems that as soon as you lost Dizzy to the big time, the wheel's have fallen off your 2's (and he hasn't helped your 1's). But it was good to see Dizzy get a trundle on the weekend even if it was a consolation over.

concidence or conspiracy jacko??????????????? :D leaning havily towards coincidence!!

as much as i've enjoyed playing the last few games in the 1's i think it's fair to say that i've hardly set the world on fire, I haven't really made an impact with the bat and i've only bowled the last over of the day twice. i was hoping to take 6 for 0 off 1 over on saturday but it didn't quite work out for me :p

jacko66;388423 said:
Indeed, and also noticed that we've gone ahead of Airport West much to my surprise; all down to a simple mistake in result. I wonder if anyone else picked up on it?
jacko66;388423 said:
You mean Yarraville Club. If they're smart enough to realise that they should be only 3.84 points behind St.Bernards they should make finals if results go as expected.
jacko66;388423 said:
A few of us will be watching the Snr results with interest this round to see where we play next year.
Not to mention playing in.

Good luck to everyone this week and next, for a few people this is there last game for the season (gone quick), some are playing for finals spots and some are playing for survival.

Quiet again.

Looks like StB are well placed with a big score on their track hard to chase down you'd think, even for AWSC. That gives AN a good chance to finish top, followed by AWSC, CY's then StB.

In the seniors, relegation is still very uncertain. RPB seem safest. We at CY's are hoping our 1's do well on the bonus point front and cheer on Spotty. TOBB, if you want some extra batting time in the nets, come on down to the Fearon.

nothing to make noise about for us in the 2's jacko... super mario must have eaten mushrooms before the game because he was unstoppable. bowled 3000 overs and picked up 7 for, then came out swinging and got himself a quick 50.

Back