Senior Seconds 09/10

Re: Senior Seconds 09/10

lol i still remember playing against kingy bapts in the churches comp back in the 90's. they were a good side. i probably played against Phart Lap at some stage. McIvor reserve was so much fun, that if you got bored of your own game, you could watch 1 of 6 others :)

Well done to AN. Shame that they now go back to North Division and can't defend next year.

I didn't get to the game, but from the scores it looks like a few outstanding individual performances on both sides.

ImpartialOnlooker;394912 said:
Heard there were a few altercations at Croft Reserve over the last 2 weekends? Any one else hear anything?
Yeah some idiot spectator from their team came up and headbutted one of our players. That's all that really happened. Oh yeah there was an altercation on the other ground too.

^ It was actually two of their players that got involved, not a spectator as I was told at the time, though this alleged spectator did have a few words to say after it happened. :p I didn't see it happen close-up, only knew what sort of happened later on. Still don't know the whole story. What I do know is it happened straight after we won first innings. Our player along with our other opener were running off to get padded up as we were still on the wicket while it happened and then one of their players approached our player and then an altercation occurred, our players quickly ran off the ground to break it up. Got a bit heated to say the least. Apparently our player was headbutted and also grabbed around the neck by one of the other players.
Had a look at the tribunal results just before out of curiosity and one AW player got 8 matches, the other got one match. Our player also got suspended for two matches.
In the context of the match it screamed of poor character. Apart from that incident and a few words to be said after it happened, the game was played on good merits. It's a shame we won't be getting a rematch this season.

Been vewy vewy qwiet on ere lately....... I am not sure if the CY lads still get on ere, but played golf with Rhino and he did a G.Norman on the last hole to lose.... hahaha

I still have a look every now and then, although I must say there is little of interest now days. Where was the invite? Have they repaired the 18th green and have you been banned for life?

Back