Senior Seconds 09/10

Re: Senior Seconds 09/10

DizzyGillepsie;377041 said:
Rossy, our bowling hasn't been entered on MyCricket from the weekend. is it impossible to do now that the match has been closed off?
You can enter/edit player scores at any time. Even two years down the track.

Too Old Body Broke;377030 said:
On a side note, how are other clubs going with availability of players? We have had R1-3, R2-3, R3-4 and possibly 5 changes this week!! Nightmare!!
We've had a few changes here and there but I think most teams have due to this time of the year.

Too Old Body Broke;377156 said:
Spoke to him last night and he tells me that he will have his own display there, called "Gorilla's in the mist".

had to score to many times in the same scoreboard as that bloke just about had enough...... as for blokes at this time of year always hard with artificial insemination..... should be back after christmas the we will find the old boys risisng to the top where they should be................

Teen Wolf;377384 said:
had to score to many times in the same scoreboard as that bloke just about had enough...... as for blokes at this time of year always hard with artificial insemination..... should be back after christmas the we will find the old boys risisng to the top where they should be................

Got ya now....... Hulkamania!!!!!!

Can't believe we played today, but anyway we did. Kudos to YP's pitch, apparently that was one of the better pitches they've produced, having never played there before.
Looks like we should get the chocolates. A good comeback from us, YP were 0/56 and then suddenly everything went our way. All out for 100 just after tea. We started poorly not helped by the umpiring, but we seemed to have steadied the ship now, finishing the day at 4/75.
Any other reports?

Our guys got on at OEG. I dropped by for a quick look and the ground and wicket were a treat considering the rain. Good enought for the home team to win the toss and bat. The outfield was understandably slowish and, from the boundary, it looked like there was just a little in the wicket for our young offie (Dodd, 20 overs 2/31). It's fairly evenly poised at 7/180 after 74 overs.

jacko66;377805 said:
Our guys got on at OEG. I dropped by for a quick look and the ground and wicket were a treat considering the rain. Good enought for the home team to win the toss and bat. The outfield was understandably slowish and, from the boundary, it looked like there was just a little in the wicket for our young offie (Dodd, 20 overs 2/31). It's fairly evenly poised at 7/180 after 74 overs.

All good and well having a good wicket, but onto more important matters.... I hope the arvo tea at OEG's has improved?? Been very ordinary in all the visits I have made there.... The ladies at Spotty would be beside themselves if they saw what was served up....

Onto this weeks game, Spotty could very well have a handy inclusion in the 2's.....

Too Old Body Broke;377851 said:
Onto this weeks game, Spotty could very well have a handy inclusion in the 2's.....

Hodgey said he'd text me after the press conference today to let me know if he's good to go on saturday :)

DizzyGillepsie;378024 said:
Hodgey said he'd text me after the press conference today to let me know if he's good to go on saturday :)

Oh no Diz, you went public too early, now YCCC will outbid you !!!

Cricket Addict;377590 said:
Can't believe we played today, but anyway we did. Kudos to YP's pitch, apparently that was one of the better pitches they've produced, having never played there before.
Looks like we should get the chocolates. A good comeback from us, YP were 0/56 and then suddenly everything went our way. All out for 100 just after tea. We started poorly not helped by the umpiring, but we seemed to have steadied the ship now, finishing the day at 4/75.
Any other reports?

What happened to you Cricket Addict? 1 wicket out of 19 in an outright and that was a number 9 bat.I thought you were meant to be a good fast bowler by your own admission.

What went wrong?

Phart Lap;379213 said:
What happened to you Cricket Addict? 1 wicket out of 19 in an outright and that was a number 9 bat.I thought you were meant to be a good fast bowler by your own admission.

What went wrong?
What would be the point in replying to you?

Too Old Body Broke;377851 said:
All good and well having a good wicket,

Let's look ahead to next week Too Old Body Broke. I hear a rumour that your body has finally "broke". I'm sure that someone, not me, will suggest that you wear gloves as well as a lid when you bowl. Will we see you on Saturday? I'll be there, but don't know if I'll be playing or not.

It sounds like there is a curse on opening bowlers at Spotty.

jacko66;379363 said:
Let's look ahead to next week Too Old Body Broke. I hear a rumour that your body has finally "broke". I'm sure that someone, not me, will suggest that you wear gloves as well as a lid when you bowl. Will we see you on Saturday? I'll be there, but don't know if I'll be playing or not.

apparently we've signed a new major sponsor in Bertocchi hams. they're sending an emergency shipment down to spotty very soon. We've got such a shortage down here, even 16 year old kids are in need :)

jacko66;379363 said:

Jacko,

Yes, I have finally broke!!!!! Not a very good outlook at all. Surgery either this Fri or Monday. And I am no good with hospitals at all so not looking forward to it. With my luck, I will end up with the fattest, ugliest nurses:mad:And if I had've been bowling with gloves on I would not be in the position I am now, so I will heed the advice for the future. Yes I will be there at some stage Sat so I will catch you then. And Spotty is having the worst possible run with injuries I can recall. Must have kicked a black cat too often.... Anyhow, adversity can bring out good qualities, time will tell.

What have you done to yourself Rossy?
Fair point Dizzy the hammies are going everywhere.
Speaking of going, byebye Ricky Ponting!

Too Old Body Broke;379381 said:
Jacko,

Yes, I have finally broke!!!!! Not a very good outlook at all. Surgery either this Fri or Monday. And I am no good with hospitals at all so not looking forward to it. With my luck, I will end up with the fattest, ugliest nurses:mad:And if I had've been bowling with gloves on I would not be in the position I am now, so I will heed the advice for the future. Yes I will be there at some stage Sat so I will catch you then. And Spotty is having the worst possible run with injuries I can recall. Must have kicked a black cat too often.... Anyhow, adversity can bring out good qualities, time will tell.

Sorry to here that Rossy, was looking forward to locking horns with you. I'm sure even with all your injuries a spirited and very competitive Spotty will show up to the Fearon Saturday.

Back