Senior Seconds 09/10

Re: Senior Seconds 09/10

how rubbish are we currently: 2 games, 2 outrights!!

airport west/st christophers are no doubt licking their lips at the prospect of playing us in the last game before the break.

an interesting 2 weeks ahead at eztel street...

fooey5for10;379787 said:

airport west/st christophers are no doubt licking their lips at the prospect of playing us in the last game before the break.

Please do not lose outright to them.

fooey5for10;379787 said:

Heard a rumour that Freddy has gone down to captain your 3's?

Cricket Addict;379905 said:
Please do not lose outright to them.

im sorry, brother but it looks like its going to go that way - we were all out 77 & theyre 3/142 currently.

id say theyll bat for maybe another 10-12 overs then declare & "pull our pants down" again in the 2nd innings.

once again, im sorry!!

fooey5for10;380518 said:
im sorry, brother but it looks like its going to go that way - we were all out 77 & theyre 3/142 currently.

id say theyll bat for maybe another 10-12 overs then declare & "pull our pants down" again in the 2nd innings.

once again, im sorry!!

Fooey, show some spine mate. Get in there and bat all day. I seem to remember that you played against us last year, had us on toast at the end of day 1 and we managed to avoid an outright, saved a bit of pride and then started to play some better cricket in the next few games. You sound like you're already resigned to a hiding.

fooey5for10;380518 said:

once again, im sorry!!

Foo,

I tend to agree with Jacko. Time for a few blokes to show some ticker. It starts with the players mindset. Get that right and you are on your way. It is never over until its over.

And CricketAddict, you say please dont lose outright to them. Is this because of the ladder positions of AN and Apw, or is there something else going on?

And Jacko, nice to see the tweaker gets some poles on Sat. Track looked like it had a bit in it early then settled down nicely? I thought we batted with a fair amount of luck early, but that's what you need to post a good score. Having said that, I think par on your ground would be 270-280 so we are not far ahead. Maybe you have some runs in your bag this week??

Mozz, thought the endeavour of your guys was quite good. Energy was up even though the game/luck was going our way?

Not bad typing from my left hand.....

TOBB,

I think you summed up our game pretty well. At 1/170 odd at tea, you guys could have got anything. Dizzy either middled 'em or missed 'em, an odd edge would have been handy. Even with 10 or 15 overs to go and Moles coming in, close to 400 looked possible. Next Sat our 1-10 bats will need to fire. They won't be able to count on the old bloke coming in last.

I felt sorry for you standing out on the boundary, copping it in 1 ear from Rhino and the other from my young bloke. By the way, I'll have to have a word to some of your guys about trying to poach 6 year olds, feeding them crap about CY's, his old man etc. On Rhino, I think that he has put his hand up to umpire next week which will be very interesting.

fair to say most of those I missed were off mozza and at the same time I was lucky enough not to get out to him. he was the hardest bowler for us to get away all day. I didn't end up getting that tatts ticket either, but could have/would have possibly/maybe shared the winnings with you :p

looking forward to bowling to you blokes this weekend. we'll have to keep it real tight. it's either 1 or 4 on the fearon and you've got a few gun bats in your line up. Brad was pretty sure that he'll go alright this weekend, you better hold him to that :D

EDIT: just wanted to add that the deck was very good

jacko66;380595 said:
Fooey, show some spine mate. Get in there and bat all day. I seem to remember that you played against us last year, had us on toast at the end of day 1 and we managed to avoid an outright, saved a bit of pride and then started to play some better cricket in the next few games. You sound like you're already resigned to a hiding.

Too Old Body Broke;380602 said:
Foo,

I tend to agree with Jacko. Time for a few blokes to show some ticker. It starts with the players mindset. Get that right and you are on your way. It is never over until its over.

And CricketAddict, you say please dont lose outright to them. Is this because of the ladder positions of AN and Apw, or is there something else going on?

And Jacko, nice to see the tweaker gets some poles on Sat. Track looked like it had a bit in it early then settled down nicely? I thought we batted with a fair amount of luck early, but that's what you need to post a good score. Having said that, I think par on your ground would be 270-280 so we are not far ahead. Maybe you have some runs in your bag this week??

Mozz, thought the endeavour of your guys was quite good. Energy was up even though the game/luck was going our way?

Not bad typing from my left hand.....

sorry i sound like this but if you two hadve seen how weve played in our previous 2 games then youd be agreeing with me in saying that a 3rd outright in a row is DEFINITELY on the cards.

we have no players, some have lost interest already & it just doesnt matter anymore.

our nightmare season will "thankfully" be put to rest for the first half come saturday.

im sure itll continue next month when we'll be going for a record 4th outright in a row... & thatll be in a one-dayer!! ;)

DizzyGillepsie;380610 said:
fair to say most of those I missed were off mozza and at the same time I was lucky enough not to get out to him. he was the hardest bowler for us to get away all day. I didn't end up getting that tatts ticket either, but could have/would have possibly/maybe shared the winnings with you :p

looking forward to bowling to you blokes this weekend. we'll have to keep it real tight. it's either 1 or 4 on the fearon and you've got a few gun bats in your line up. Brad was pretty sure that he'll go alright this weekend, you better hold him to that :D

EDIT: just wanted to add that the deck was very good

Hopefully a bit of heat today will make the deck flatter and the outfield quicker!

fooey5for10;380633 said:
sorry i sound like this but if you two hadve seen how weve played in our previous 2 games then youd be agreeing with me in saying that a 3rd outright in a row is DEFINITELY on the cards.

we have no players, some have lost interest already & it just doesnt matter anymore.

our nightmare season will "thankfully" be put to rest for the first half come saturday.

im sure itll continue next month when we'll be going for a record 4th outright in a row... & thatll be in a one-dayer!! ;)

Fooey, you better give Beyond Blue a call.

fooey5for10;379787 said:

Get raman in there :D...batted well against us last game (Y)

chill out fooey, prolly just a phase mate seein all the young milo kids last round you guys will have a good future :D

sandeep.mandalika;380729 said:
Get raman in there :D...batted well against us last game (Y)

chill out fooey, prolly just a phase mate seein all the young milo kids last round you guys will have a good future :D

raman unavailable this game, sandy... i dont think he wouldve gone any better than the rest of us methinks!! ;)

i'll try but this "phase" will be around for a while yet as those youngsters are at least 8 years away from bearing the fruit of their milo activities.

Great summary TOBB, it's good to get a spectaters view on things because i did think luck didn't go out way at times but in saying that you have to make your own luck and we didn't do that while your guys made the most of it.

I did like the way our guys kept their heads up all day and kept fighting on till the end. Hopefully we will show the same fight with the bat this Saturday.

Track will be a belter again.......no rain in Willy!!!!

PS. Thanks for the kind word Dizz, now remember no angry stares if i play and miss or manage to knick you down to third man for a boundry or two...:D

Mozza;380966 said:
Great summary TOBB, it's good to get a spectaters view on things because i did think luck didn't go out way at times but in saying that you have to make your own luck and we didn't do that while your guys made the most of it.

I did like the way our guys kept their heads up all day and kept fighting on till the end. Hopefully we will show the same fight with the bat this Saturday.

Track will be a belter again.......no rain in Willy!!!!

PS. Thanks for the kind word Dizz, now remember no angry stares if i play and miss or manage to knick you down to third man for a boundry or two...:D

U blokes haven't seen play and miss till the Mozz gets on a roll with the blade in his hand. As at Thursday 8.00 pm surrounds are ratshit but wicket is as hard as a cats head. Curator is wrapt with how it looks so should be good to bat on again if the rain stops as predicted. And Jacko, u can bat wherever u like in the 3rds.

Back