Sheffield Shield Thread 2009/2010

a for effort

Sheffield Shield Thread 2009/2010

I am embarrassed for my state and the pretenders who claim to be first-class cricketers.
*sheffield shield postin'*

Re: Ford Ranger Cup Thread 2009/2010

Dont know what you are complaining about, SA are in with their best hope of getting a draw against Victoria for years, plus the bowlers took about 5 more wickets than you would have expected :D

I really did use to like South Australia... perhaps my liking of them will come back if they hold out for this draw.

The Adelaide Oval groundsman will get a bit fat bonus this week, after many years of trying he has finally produced a pitch that not even South Australia could lose 20 wickets on

A disgrace of a pitch, really seeing a strong comparison between SA and Somerset, have the flattest, crappest pitch at home to try and get some draws because they cant actually beat anyone

Adelaide Oval has been a road for years, the result isn't all that surprising. Thought Victoria would have been able to get more wickets though after rolling SA for a below-par score in the first innings.

This just shows it is flatter than ever now, we usually have no trouble thrashing them

No arguments here, if Andrew McDonald is scoring hundreds then it's definitely not an even contest between bat and ball.

What is wrong with South Australian cricket?

Does anyone remember the last time they threatened to win a title?

Its their culture, they would rather get away with a draw than ever take a risk and have a shot at winning, South Australians dont know how to win

BTW I must say it doesnt disappoint me at all to see SA's star import back to his usual ways this year :D

Wont be long untill he yet again suffers the biggest embarrassment in cricket, being dropped from SA

It's good to see that young(ish) Glen Batticciotto made a hundred, much better than seeing the old-timers like Hodge going through the motions...

He's young enough for the Australian team if that's what you are saying.

Should become a great batsman for Queensland.

Hartley is really putting up a case for being the second keeper after Haddin. He is really putting up some good scores and being very inconspicuous with the gloves; if you don't notice the keeper he is doing well.

Rampant;373479 said:
It's good to see that young(ish) Glen Batticciotto made a hundred, much better than seeing the old-timers like Hodge going through the motions...

Played in the same club cricket league as I did in the UK in 2008. Made 140* in a T20 match. Bowls pretty sharp too. Made 5 100s at the halfway mark of the season then went home to do pre-season Bulls training in NZ.

Was only a matter of time before he made his mark in the state competition.

Batticcioto is a late bloomer. He played for I think Sangate in Brisbane and piled on the runs for a couple of seasons before finally being picked. Even then he didn't get a game for ages and now that Love and Symonds has made some room for him he has stepped up. Hopefully he can make as many runs as he did in grade.

I dont understand that mob way up north, they are given an extremely generous target of 328 off 89 overs on the flattest pitch in world cricket and they arent even trying to chase it?

I hope they lose, I see the worlds slowest batsman has just padded up to a straight ball and been given out LBW, 33 overs and 6 wickets to get, GO SA :D

Wait, 5 wickets now :D

Back