So, what do you think of the new BigCricket Forums?

What do you think of the new BigCricket Forums?

• Total voters

As for the other forums, yes, I agree with in some ways but the truth of the matter is that no-one actually posts in those areas. I'd rather have them cluttered but 'busy' than separated and dead. It will be reviewed on a regular basis but for now, less is more.

I see your argument there, but I'd at least like to see a 'Current and Past Series' (or whatever it was called) board back up. Otherwise there's going to be a mess of team threads and series threads, and given a few more regular users the threads will go up and down the page with new posts with posters posting more often. It's going to be annoying to navigate through it just to talk about the catch or six you just saw. I am the sort of person who on my computer has a folder for everything, even just for one file, so it is a bit of personal preference, but I do think a series thread should be separate from other threads.

It's probably just me, but for some reason I find this layout quite hard on the eyes.

In terms of colour, style, layout, font? Something else? More info we have the more we can do to get things right once we add the final skins, themes and design to the site.

I'm with Caeser on the not much distinction between posts and the not using the full screen space. I run a wide screen monitor so it would be nice for it to adjust to that like the old site did.

Also the member list layout as it used to be as well, in column format.

I also see that you can embed videos am I correct?

i dont like it go back

Care to expand on that? The more you tell us, the more we can change things. However, we won't be going back; vB is too bug filled at the moment.

Not a fan of white. background and would like the forum to fit the screen.

Other than that, seems okay.

Colour is temporary at the moment. It will be changed at some point in the near future.

Forum width is probably going to stay as it is, although we may widen it slightly.

In terms of colour, style, layout, font? Something else? More info we have the more we can do to get things right once we add the final skins, themes and design to the site.

I think it's just mainly the colouring and possibly some of the font sizes/layout. Anyway I'm sure it will be all good after the fine tuning and we all get used of it.

I agree with you on the colouring and it will be changed. The fonts/font size is a little strange as well and I'll look into changing them.

You must monitor the amount of new punters you get on a day to day basis and the amount of posts you get daily. What will you do if the numbers are down over a period of time - say a month and then the same story 6 months in? It does look very different to any other forum - I think it may be the starkness of the white background?

Back